PDA

View Full Version : PC pilot

MiamiEagle
07-19-2004, 01:01 AM
I was Anxiouly waiting to buy the July edition of PC Pilot Magazine the other day. I wanted read what their opinion on the new edition by Ubi Soft the Pacific Fighter. To my great disappoinment all they wrote was a small insignificant article of what we already know. I wonder if their lack of interest is because its base on the Pacific theater rather than on Europe. That would show them to be very short minded and bias to what real World War Two simmers like. I believe real WW11 Simmer like to fly in all theaters of war including does in the Pacific. They need not to worry about the European theater it will not be forgotten. The Pacific air War has been negleted far to long by the Sim world. If it wast not for CFS2 their would not be a serious Sim representing the the Pacific war in the Sim world . Thats a shame. No one is happier than I with the decision by Ubi to go back to the Thearter that truly made this war a World War.I hope they make it a truly fair and exciting Sim representing what it was like to fight over thousands of miles over the Ocean against a skill and fanatical enemy. PC I hope you become more open minded and fair and start covering all subject covering World war two Air war. If you do not change your ways I will stop buying your Magazine.

MiamiEagle
07-19-2004, 01:01 AM
I was Anxiouly waiting to buy the July edition of PC Pilot Magazine the other day. I wanted read what their opinion on the new edition by Ubi Soft the Pacific Fighter. To my great disappoinment all they wrote was a small insignificant article of what we already know. I wonder if their lack of interest is because its base on the Pacific theater rather than on Europe. That would show them to be very short minded and bias to what real World War Two simmers like. I believe real WW11 Simmer like to fly in all theaters of war including does in the Pacific. They need not to worry about the European theater it will not be forgotten. The Pacific air War has been negleted far to long by the Sim world. If it wast not for CFS2 their would not be a serious Sim representing the the Pacific war in the Sim world . Thats a shame. No one is happier than I with the decision by Ubi to go back to the Thearter that truly made this war a World War.I hope they make it a truly fair and exciting Sim representing what it was like to fight over thousands of miles over the Ocean against a skill and fanatical enemy. PC I hope you become more open minded and fair and start covering all subject covering World war two Air war. If you do not change your ways I will stop buying your Magazine.

Capt._Tenneal
07-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Thinking about it, their article is short because that's all the information out on Pacific Fighters at the moment. Just how much do we know about PF ourselves ? Most of this forum is questions, speculation, requests for "such and such", etc.

The only real official word we have is the initial press release, the E3 and Blackpool presentations, and the weekly screenshots. No definite planelist yet. No map info yet. The website is not up either. And the developers are hard at work on it and not responding in the forums as much anymore.

I'm pretty sure with more information PC Pilot would have written a longer article. They had lengthy reviews of Forgotten Battles and Ace Expansion Pack when those came out, and they would do the same for PF, I would hope.

IV|JG51Flatspin
07-19-2004, 04:38 PM
Don't forget Aces of the Pacific. Though it's old, AOTP is still a fine sim and I enjoyed flying it right up until IL2 came out. It was a dedicated Pacific sim with a fantastic dynamic career based on a random generator: even if you clicked "refly" you wouldn't get the exact mission owing to "the butterfly effect". Quite serious IMO.

IV/JG51_Fl@spin
formerly: =Elite=Flatspin
http://img73.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Flatspin/banner.jpg