PDA

View Full Version : PC Far Cry 3 won't launch, Unable to start game error

RonaldChap
04-17-2016, 11:49 PM
I bought the game on steam, installed, tried to play, when uplay opens i get the following message

Starting Game

Unable to start game. Please check that your game is installed correctly. If the problem persists please contact Ubisoft Support.

I have tried the going into Properties of the farcry3_d3d11. Compatibility and changing to Windows 7, also having Run as Administrator ticked, nothing works, anyone have any ideas?

NHEngineer
06-30-2017, 09:28 PM
Ronald, I have just experienced the same exact problem. How do I contact Ubisoft Support? You haven't received a response and it's been over a year. Doesn't look really good, does it?

WID992007
07-02-2017, 03:01 PM
1. make sure your PC meetts the games system requirements , sorry but intel HD vidieo chips probably will not work .. so make sure you have a decent graphics card
you can see the games system requirement on the steam store page

2 close any and all background applications Prior to launch the game keep steam open and set steam to launch as run as administrator

3 Steam never installs the updated version of the Uplay client with older games
get and install the latest version Direct from the Uplay web page here (yes uninstall the versions steam installs its old and outdated)
https://uplay.ubi.com/

yes Uplay is required as it is the Default DRM on the game and seems to work best when installed to the same drive as Windows .. your games yes can be in your steam folder on other drives .. thats how i have mine setup .. works perfectly fine

4 if you bought the game during any Steam sale .. remember the servers are Jammed with others getting games too
so its a good idea to verify your game files

To verify your files if you bought the game thru Steam ..\EXIT Steam ..right click your steam icon ..select run as Administrator

to launch Steam

then go to your Steam games library

right clik on far cry 4

select properties

select local files

select verify Integrity of game cache

it takes a few min to do but its faster the redownloading your entire game , if its only a few files that were corrupt or installed incorrectly .... this in many cases will fix your problems

If you continue to have issues PLEASE...

open a support ticket or contact Ubi support for your region
you can find phone number\ support options \ and support hours information @ https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Contact#en-gb