PDA

View Full Version : Customization

DannyTheBrave21
04-17-2016, 07:28 AM
will there be character customization like creating your face, body. Also are you able to fight without a helmet because i will be choosing the war-born and in history the vikings never wore helmets so if you can take the helmet off thatll be way better

Willaguy2010
04-17-2016, 10:19 AM
Vikings did wear helmets, they would either use leather helmets or go bear headed, while the wealthier Vikings can be found with metal helmets that sometimes were more ornate. The myth that they wore horned helmets or winged ones is untrue however, there has been no evidence that they would wear such a cumbersome piece of gear.

There is customization, however I don't know if you can take your helmet off. The Warborn seem like the faction who would be able to.

Texas__Toast
04-17-2016, 11:18 PM
There is customization, however I don't know if you can take your helmet off. The Warborn seem like the faction who would be able to.

Do we know just how extensive the customization is? One of my absolute favorite parts of any game is being able to rig my character to certain specifications. Is there somewhere I can find more details about it?

Willaguy2010
04-17-2016, 11:32 PM
Do we know just how extensive the customization is? One of my absolute favorite parts of any game is being able to rig my character to certain specifications. Is there somewhere I can find more details about it?

The demoes that were available last year at PAX and such events showed customization. It allowed pre-set armor sets, so in the demo you couldn't customize every specific thing. But in the Masterclass the devs mentioned that there would be in-depth customization. The armor pre-sets in the demo changed your armor from legs, to hands and chest and helmet. Also there's evidence that you can also customize your weapon.

DannyTheBrave21
04-22-2016, 08:17 AM
Vikings did wear helmets, they would either use leather helmets or go bear headed, while the wealthier Vikings can be found with metal helmets that sometimes were more ornate. The myth that they wore horned helmets or winged ones is untrue however, there has been no evidence that they would wear such a cumbersome piece of gear.

That also would be great if you could coustmize the war borns hairstyle and beard

MisterWillow
04-22-2016, 06:55 PM
That also would be great if you could coustmize the war borns hairstyle and beard

I mean... Isn't that a given?

Frizzy beards, braided beards, beards with beads in them, beards with grey streaks, beard colour in general.

It would just be stupid not to. :p

premiumart
04-26-2016, 04:54 PM

Frizzy beards, braided beards, beards with beads in them, beards with grey streaks, beard colour in general.

It would just be stupid not to. :p

I think the customization will be pretty basic. Would be glad to be proven wrong though.

V4nClief
04-26-2016, 07:51 PM
Unless all classes have the ability to fight without helmets or in the single player campaign mode your hero will be shown in scenes without a helmet in all likelihood I doubt this is going to be available as far as facial customization. I doubt they would only give vikings that ability, but hey I've been wrong before. For now we don't have too much to go off of and the beta still is not hear so we are going off any intel that's rather old and nowhere near to the finished product. We don't know how exactly the devs touched up the customization or maybe even lack there off. We just got to hold our breath and hope all answers will come in June at E3.

Deadshot.
04-28-2016, 11:32 PM

Agreed! My Viking is going to have the most EPIC of beards that I can give him!

MisterWillow
04-29-2016, 01:22 AM
Unless all classes have the ability to fight without helmets or in the single player campaign mode your hero will be shown in scenes without a helmet in all likelihood I doubt this is going to be available as far as facial customization.

Snark aside, I agree with this. Unless there are fully scripted sections in the campaign where you see your character, there'd be no reason to expect major customisation in regard to the character themselves. I do expect some sort of beard customisation for the Vikings, though, just because they'll be so prominent.

Early on, there was a rumour (based on something the devs said, if I recall correctly) that the characters in the campaign would be historical figures, which makes me think they're going more alt-history than straight fantasy---that is, creating a world from scratch that happens to have European style knights, Vikings, and Samurai in it.

Agreed! My Viking is going to have the most EPIC of beards that I can give him!

;)

Orchid-Haze
06-14-2016, 05:03 PM
To be able to play a female and not look like a genetic clone or some female/male hybrid alien is a must for me personally :rolleyes: