PDA

View Full Version : So I read AC Syndicate Performs better than Unity on full settings?

IAmPrinceVinc
04-16-2016, 09:40 PM
My first question is, why don't they improve the Performance of Unity the same way? They seem now to know how.

I recently tried to replay the game (after playing all the others.) And in Unity the FPS still crashes in !ingame cutscenes! form 50+FPS to 30FPS and less.
Sequence 1 Memory 1! There are only 2 People: Arno and his father.

The FPS does not crash as hard when I set Environment Quality and HBAO+ on Low/off.
So what's the deal?

As far as I know it's the same engine, so It should not be that hard of a Problem.

The other question is, is it true though? I would like especially to hear the owner of AMD cards, preferably 290X user.
How good Performs the game there in Full HD?
How much screwed are AMD User? (I know we are to blame for buying AMD Card "irony mode off"

Black_Widow9
04-16-2016, 10:36 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Could you post your Specs? Perhaps someone can help you with optimizing your settings. ;)

Thanks

IAmPrinceVinc
04-16-2016, 11:13 PM
Thanks alot ;)

Played AC: Black Flag recently steady 55-60FPS highest Settings. Currently playing Rouge Ini file edited/improved environment and texture quality Steady 55-60FPS aswell. Unity recently played again Environment, Shadow, SSAO lowest settings, Texture highest setting 60FPS(capped) in one place 40FPS at different place.
So very unsteady frames overall.
The biggest Stress on my GPU is the ingame Menu (because of the weird Background Animation with white moving Pillars xD)

If I put all maximum would give me FPS Crashes in Cutscenes but not so much in the normal environment, strangely.

There is almost nothing I didn't try to make the ingame cutscenes work properly, and as I said, If I lower Environment and SSAO everything works "fine" and the FPS doesn't crash to below 30FPS occasionally.

But here you go ;)
Mainboard: Z97X-UD3H
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K
GPU: R9 290X Tri-X OC UEFI New Edition 8GB V-Ram
Harddrive: SSD 850 EVO 500GB