PDA

View Full Version : Just thinked about something concerning AC Empire. (theory). ^-^

ERICATHERINE
04-16-2016, 06:40 PM
It consernes the view point that game could have. It's true. If we are that far in time, there's not much building made in Egypt. But let's watch this subject from another angle. We actually could have view point not made by human.

Take ac iii with the frontier for exemple the big majority of the view points there are naturaly formed, like giant trees for exemple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgfcA7m_fWI

And it's not the only type of naturaly formed view points in the frontier.

Yea I know there won't be as much big tree in this game. On the other hand, trees are not the only naturaly formed view point that can exist. When I woke up this morning, I remembered one in particular in ac revelations. It's not confirmed it's a view point, but it clearly could be in a game set around Egypt. Check at 0 : 38.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIa6JVADFa0

Maybe there won't be a view point as high as this, but who said a view point can't be made of rock.

Ac iv and ac rogue also had trees as naturaly formed view point.

On the other hand if the rumor is true a certain thing made by man could serve as view point if it's high enough. This type of view points was a view point only at least 3 times, so why not at least 1 other in that game. 3 : 25 to 3 : 56 and 10 : 50 to 11 : 06.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8TPe5jPcR4

The 3rd one I know is that one. 8 : 43 to 9 : 47 with Aveline's death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kmSJPIHNhU

You miggt already know the rumor about the pet eagle. I'm actually sceptical about him/her bieng used to make view points even if I know I might be wrong. Thing is, I don't think ubisoft would use the excuse of "the character we control can use telepaty". After all if they want it to look real with this explanation they will have to let read the mind of every character we want and I really doubt they would push it that far. The problem I have with that is, if I could read the mind of an eagle why can't I read the the minds of persons?

If we really have a pet eagle, I think it would make more sense to use it to send messages to ally than to do view points by reading his mind while he fly. Like I just explained there could be other way to make view points in a game like ac empire.

What do you think about it? ^-^

Sigma 1313
04-18-2016, 05:08 AM
It consernes the view point that game could have. It's true. If we are that far in time, there's not much building made in Egypt. But let's watch this subject from another angle. We actually could have view point not made by human.

Take ac iii with the frontier for exemple the big majority of the view points there are naturaly formed, like giant trees for exemple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgfcA7m_fWI

And it's not the only type of naturaly formed view points in the frontier.

Yea I know there won't be as much big tree in this game. On the other hand, trees are not the only naturaly formed view point that can exist. When I woke up this morning, I remembered one in particular in ac revelations. It's not confirmed it's a view point, but it clearly could be in a game set around Egypt. Check at 0 : 38.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIa6JVADFa0

Maybe there won't be a view point as high as this, but who said a view point can't be made of rock.

Ac iv and ac rogue also had trees as naturaly formed view point.

On the other hand if the rumor is true a certain thing made by man could serve as view point if it's high enough. This type of view points was a view point only at least 3 times, so why not at least 1 other in that game. 3 : 25 to 3 : 56 and 10 : 50 to 11 : 06.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8TPe5jPcR4

The 3rd one I know is that one. 8 : 43 to 9 : 47 with Aveline's death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kmSJPIHNhU

You miggt already know the rumor about the pet eagle. I'm actually sceptical about him/her bieng used to make view points even if I know I might be wrong. Thing is, I don't think ubisoft would use the excuse of "the character we control can use telepaty". After all if they want it to look real with this explanation they will have to let read the mind of every character we want and I really doubt they would push it that far. The problem I have with that is, if I could read the mind of an eagle why can't I read the the minds of persons?

If we really have a pet eagle, I think it would make more sense to use it to send messages to ally than to do view points by reading his mind while he fly. Like I just explained there could be other way to make view points in a game like ac empire.

What do you think about it? ^-^

I think if it is ancient egypt, it's going to be a cross between architecture and land. I can see the pyramids and castles being the main architecture. If it's set during the Persian ownership of Egypt like I suspect and hope, then we have the possibility of the construction of canals and roads, possibly meaning small towns will be set up that will have something to be used a viewpoint. Cities like Memphis were flourishing, and Alexandria would be built soon afterwards, so we could see a lot of settlements with highpoints. Parts of North egypt aren't just sandy either. we could see a large number of rocks and large stones acting as view points, or tropical tress in oasis'.

ERICATHERINE
04-18-2016, 04:35 PM
I think if it is ancient egypt, it's going to be a cross between architecture and land. I can see the pyramids and castles being the main architecture. If it's set during the Persian ownership of Egypt like I suspect and hope, then we have the possibility of the construction of canals and roads, possibly meaning small towns will be set up that will have something to be used a viewpoint. Cities like Memphis were flourishing, and Alexandria would be built soon afterwards, so we could see a lot of settlements with highpoints. Parts of North egypt aren't just sandy either. we could see a large number of rocks and large stones acting as view points, or tropical tress in oasis'.

Yea!!! Someone finnaly said something in my thread. Sorry, I'll calm down, but I was becoming desesperate. :rolleyes:

Wasn't the rumor saying it's supposed to be set in ancient Egypt? I was actually referencing to that my whole comment. I'm sure big city's like the one you mentionned could have man made view points, but conserning the space between the citys, unless there is quick access like in ac ii, a big rock or an oasis ubisoft will make us us miss a big part of the map like they did with San Giminianno in ac ii. ^-^

Sigma 1313
04-18-2016, 07:12 PM
Yea!!! Someone finnaly said something in my thread. Sorry, I'll calm down, but I was becoming desesperate. :rolleyes:

Wasn't the rumor saying it's supposed to be set in ancient Egypt? I was actually referencing to that my whole comment. I'm sure big city's like the one you mentionned could have man made view points, but conserning the space between the citys, unless there is quick access like in ac ii, a big rock or an oasis ubisoft will make us us miss a big part of the map like they did with San Giminianno in ac ii. ^-^

Well yeah, it is ancient egypt. The Persian Empire ruled Egypt from 525BCE to about 404BCE. I'd say 2500 years ago is ancient. I think with the connection to Rome and Greece (from the rumor), it would make the most sense for the game to take place after the Persians took over, or later. Here's a map of Egypt from 460BC (4 years after Darius assassinates Xerxes using the first hidden blade according to AC2 lore). https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/Lower_Egypt_460_BC.png If you look, you can see clearly that there are large areas that are great for oasis's and trees, sand dunes, large rocks, and large cities. And hopefully they'd do something like AC4 where you get all the view points then it colors in the full map. I liked that system the best.

ERICATHERINE
04-18-2016, 08:33 PM
Well yeah, it is ancient egypt. The Persian Empire ruled Egypt from 525BCE to about 404BCE. I'd say 2500 years ago is ancient. I think with the connection to Rome and Greece (from the rumor), it would make the most sense for the game to take place after the Persians took over, or later. Here's a map of Egypt from 460BC (4 years after Darius assassinates Xerxes using the first hidden blade according to AC2 lore). https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/Lower_Egypt_460_BC.png

I wonder how far we could be able to go toward the Libyan desert. I don't think would/could have that entire map, but man that would be great.

If you look, you can see clearly that there are large areas that are great for oasis's and trees, sand dunes, large rocks, and large cities. And hopefully they'd do something like AC4 where you get all the view points then it colors in the full map. I liked that system the best.

For the oasis, I'm sure this could work. See that view point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQOcF9co9w0

If that tree can work as a view point, then every trees can.

For me the worst viewpoints were in ac unity. Some viewpoints were at the direct corner of the sector they were in and while we could color the entire sector by doing them we didn't color the sectors at it's side, like at all, while the viewpoint isn't even at 10 meters from the nearest sector. When my brother saw this this for the first time I remember him "wait, man really?". ^-^

SixKeys
04-19-2016, 03:19 AM
Tree viewpoints were a good idea in concept, but every one of them was exactly the same and it was almost impossible to figure out which way you should do the leap of faith. 9 times out of 10 I would end up leaping to my death because I couldn't see the ground for the godd*mn leaves. They were better in AC4.

ERICATHERINE
04-19-2016, 02:05 PM
Tree viewpoints were a good idea in concept, but every one of them was exactly the same and it was almost impossible to figure out which way you should do the leap of faith. 9 times out of 10 I would end up leaping to my death because I couldn't see the ground for the godd*mn leaves. They were better in AC4.

I think you're talking about the giant tree. I don't think they would be in a game like empire, but yea, I was leaping to my death too. Climbing to their top was easy, but kudos to those who neverdied after syncronizing them while trying to get down. ^-^

Markaccus
04-19-2016, 02:16 PM
I think almost all ancient civs built some form of watch tower near their settlements. In AC4, there were several islands that just had these wooden platforms. I would expect than the ancient Egyptians would have had something like that on all of their reasonably sized settlements.

ERICATHERINE
04-19-2016, 02:26 PM
I think almost all ancient civs built some form of watch tower near their settlements. In AC4, there were several islands that just had these wooden platforms. I would expect than the ancient Egyptians would have had something like that on all of their reasonably sized settlements.

Maybe. Also concerning the relgious bulding, I'm sure there was some, but I don't know what they looked like. Were they tall enough to work as viewpoints? Of if we see a chretien church in a futur spoiler it's pretty sure that we will be past or around the year 0, but it might work as a viewpoint. ^-^

Markaccus
04-19-2016, 02:31 PM
Maybe. Also concerning the relgious bulding, I'm sure there was some, but I don't know what they looked like. Were they tall enough to work as viewpoints? Of if we see a chretien church in a futur spoiler it's pretty sure that we will be past or around the year 0, but it might work as a viewpoint. ^-^
Certainly, from a very early time, the rulers of ancient egypt thought themselves gods, and therefore they had "temples" for houses. I am unsure how high they would be. I don't know a lot about ancient egypt asside from what i have said already. 😞

ERICATHERINE
04-19-2016, 05:31 PM
Certainly, from a very early time, the rulers of ancient egypt thought themselves gods, and therefore they had "temples" for houses. I am unsure how high they would be. I don't know a lot about ancient egypt asside from what i have said already. ��

Yea and by judging by the height of some temple in the tv show "Atlantis" (which is of course surely not based about the real story) a temple made for a god can be high enough for a viewpoint.

I wonder. Was Mo´se in Egypt. He had a staff made by god. If Mo´se really was Egyptian, maybe we could see the return of the staff of eden, after so many years. ^-^

Markaccus
04-19-2016, 05:51 PM
Yea and by judging by the height of some temple in the tv show "Atlantis" (which is of course surely not based about the real story) a temple made for a god can be high enough for a viewpoint.

I wonder. Was Mo´se in Egypt. He had a staff made by god. If Mo´se really was Egyptian, maybe we could see the return of the staff of eden, after so many years. ^-^

Yeah i think in the AC universe, both Moses and Jesus used peices of Eden to do the things they did. (Since i am not religious, i find this a better explanation than magic sky-fairies :-D )

ERICATHERINE
04-19-2016, 11:12 PM
Yeah i think in the AC universe, both Moses and Jesus used peices of Eden to do the things they did. (Since i am not religious, i find this a better explanation than magic sky-fairies :-D )

Plus, they were in "ancient time". Also, just like the shroud was showed for the first time in it the staff of eden was showed in Moses hand in one of Clay's glyphs. I don't know for Jesus, but Moses was in Egypt, if I remember correctly. So, maybe it'll be time for the staff of eden to make a return. Can someone tell me if Moses and Darius could have lived at the same time? I have a problem with the timeline.

Lol. While writing this, I just remembered that I predicted that syndicate would have the shroud. Some people said it couldn't be it and look what happenned. Who knows. Maybe I'll be right about that game's piece of eden too, if empire really is true. ^-^

Sigma 1313
04-20-2016, 10:40 PM
Plus, they were in "ancient time". Also, just like the shroud was showed for the first time in it the staff of eden was showed in Moses hand in one of Clay's glyphs. I don't know for Jesus, but Moses was in Egypt, if I remember correctly. So, maybe it'll be time for the staff of eden to make a return. Can someone tell me if Moses and Darius could have lived at the same time? I have a problem with the timeline.

Lol. While writing this, I just remembered that I predicted that syndicate would have the shroud. Some people said it couldn't be it and look what happenned. Who knows. Maybe I'll be right about that game's piece of eden too, if empire really is true. ^-^

So, according to the apochrypha Jesus did go to Egypt in hiding after his birth, (met some dragons) and eventually returned to the nazarene as a young child where he terrorized the other children. This would be between 1-12AD though (if Ubi actually cares about the apochrypha). Darius assassinated Xerxes in 465BCE. And according to creationist timelines that believe in Moses, he would have begun the exodus circa 1440BCE. So if Darius is the main character, he wouldn't run into either. That said, around this time Cyrus issued the famous decree for the Jews to return to their homeland to rebuild their Temple. Under Darius the second Temple of Zerubbabel was completed; and under Xerxes, or Ahasuerus, the events recorded in the Book of Esther in the Bible happened; under Artaxerxes the Jewish state was reformed by Ezra, and the walls of Jerusalem were rebuilt by Nehemiah.

ERICATHERINE
04-20-2016, 11:33 PM
So, according to the apochrypha Jesus did go to Egypt in hiding after his birth, (met some dragons) and eventually returned to the nazarene as a young child where he terrorized the other children. This would be between 1-12AD though (if Ubi actually cares about the apochrypha). Darius assassinated Xerxes in 465BCE. And according to creationist timelines that believe in Moses, he would have begun the exodus circa 1440BCE. So if Darius is the main character, he wouldn't run into either. That said, around this time Cyrus issued the famous decree for the Jews to return to their homeland to rebuild their Temple. Under Darius the second Temple of Zerubbabel was completed; and under Xerxes, or Ahasuerus, the events recorded in the Book of Esther in the Bible happened; under Artaxerxes the Jewish state was reformed by Ezra, and the walls of Jerusalem were rebuilt by Nehemiah.

Ok, so it seems moses was way more far on the timeline than the 2 others. So I'd say he is more in the ancient times than them.

On the other hand, even if I'm happy to know that Jesus can be seen in a game like empire, I really doubt he will be in it. Yes he had a shroud, but I don't think ubisoft would take any chance with him, considering the fact that he is (for as far as I know) the most important chretien person, to have ever existed, but I can be wrong. So, I don't think ubisoft want to make people from some or even one of the most popular religion angry against them.

Yes Moses is an important person for religion too, but I don't think he is as much important as Jesus. I mean, if it would not be for the glyph he is in, I would not remember him, right now. Where I live, Moses is called Mo´se. If it wasn't for this thread, I would still think Moses and Mo´se are 2 different persons. :D

Sigma 1313
04-21-2016, 02:48 PM
Ok, so it seems moses was way more far on the timeline than the 2 others. So I'd say he is more in the ancient times than them.

On the other hand, even if I'm happy to know that Jesus can be seen in a game like empire, I really doubt he will be in it. Yes he had a shroud, but I don't think ubisoft would take any chance with him, considering the fact that he is (for as far as I know) the most important chretien person, to have ever existed, but I can be wrong. So, I don't think ubisoft want to make people from some or even one of the most popular religion angry against them.

Yes Moses is an important person for religion too, but I don't think he is as much important as Jesus. I mean, if it would not be for the glyph he is in, I would not remember him, right now. Where I live, Moses is called Mo´se. If it wasn't for this thread, I would still think Moses and Mo´se are 2 different persons. :D

well, they already did put the majority of abrahamic religions into the games' lore, along with greek mythology. I'd be interested in seeing Hinduism and other religions making their way into the lore as well (I know that some Egyptian gods like Isis and Osiris are part of the lore). Despite that, they'll probably avoid showing anything from religion in the game. I mean, even during assassin's creed 3 and 4, they really just glazed over the subject of slavery (less so in Freedom Cry), and made no mention of the Assassin's Muslim roots in AC1 or Rev. They seem to want to avoid offending people, so I doubt they'll put religions still being practiced into their games like that.

ERICATHERINE
04-21-2016, 05:12 PM
well, they already did put the majority of abrahamic religions into the games' lore, along with greek mythology. I'd be interested in seeing Hinduism and other religions making their way into the lore as well (I know that some Egyptian gods like Isis and Osiris are part of the lore). Despite that, they'll probably avoid showing anything from religion in the game. I mean, even during assassin's creed 3 and 4, they really just glazed over the subject of slavery (less so in Freedom Cry), and made no mention of the Assassin's Muslim roots in AC1 or Rev. They seem to want to avoid offending people, so I doubt they'll put religions still being practiced into their games like that.

Exactly. Plus we just got a game about the shroud and even with the fact that the apple got featured in numerous game, with the info we got on it from the start I don't think we will see the shroud in the past days again anytime soon. On the other game the staff has been showed for the duration of a battle, some cutscenes and that's about it. We actually don't know much about it for now, so why not give it some more time on the screen. ^-^

Markaccus
04-22-2016, 11:41 AM
Personally, my view is that Ubisoft have, from the very start of AC, simply suggested and alternate theory for the basis of all religions. It is a fictional game that takes place during real historical events, and shoe-horns (very well) histories bigger characters into them. I think that is why it is so popular, and does not offend moderate followers of any religion (extremists always find something to be offended about, in ALL religions), nor does it offend athiests, agnostics et.c.

ERICATHERINE
04-22-2016, 05:40 PM
Personally, my view is that Ubisoft have, from the very start of AC, simply suggested and alternate theory for the basis of all religions. It is a fictional game that takes place during real historical events, and shoe-horns (very well) histories bigger characters into them. I think that is why it is so popular, and does not offend moderate followers of any religion (extremists always find something to be offended about, in ALL religions), nor does it offend athiests, agnostics et.c.

Yes, but it's the "creator" of a religion that we're talking about. If they show Jesus, it'll be from my point of view, a really gutsy move. The problem is, would pay to put him in this type of game, I'm not so sure about. It might be depending on what his role would be, I guess. I don't think chretien people would like to see him kill someone, for exemple, but then again, it still might not work well for ubisoft. Some people might be getting angry about ubisoft, by saying they use Jesus, just to make more money. Thing is, Jesus is known worldwide so if ubisoft make the tinyest error with him it might backfire on ubisoft with great consequences. That's why I think it might be a challenge way to risquy for ubisoft to put Jesus in an ac game. Moses could be more easy to andle from my point of view. ^-^

ze_topazio
04-23-2016, 12:42 PM
It's well known how sensitive the followers of the three main Abrahamic faiths are, I'm not in favor of excessive political correctness but I'm also not in favor of offending for the sake of offending, so unless they have a really good reason to tackle that theme, it's probably better to leave it alone.

ERICATHERINE
04-23-2016, 05:32 PM
It's well known how sensitive the followers of the three main Abrahamic faiths are, I'm not in favor of excessive political correctness but I'm also not in favor of offending for the sake of offending, so unless they have a really good reason to tackle that theme, it's probably better to leave it alone.

That really good reason have already been showed by ubisoft. In the lore Moses had a staff of eden. They also showed that Jesus had a shroud, but for someone as important as him for a religion (and I don't say that because of my religion since I created my own) I don't think it is a good idea.

Also, yes, I think you're right about people sometimes getting offended without a good reason. Sometime ago, a group of juses (sorry if I don't write it correctly) wanted to bannish the learning of world war 2 in the history class at school, because it showed juses being persecuted. I mean, yes, that bad, and that's exactly why we want to show it to kid. It's more by ignoring it than by showing how howful it was that it might happen again. ^-^