PDA

View Full Version : Dreadful Crimes not included in Gold Edition and Season Pass??

Going4Quests
04-12-2016, 03:51 PM
So I bought the AC Syndicate Gold Edition, even as a pre order.. and the Dreadful crimes are not included? Is this a joke or a bug? :s

Thanks in advance..

Dynamole
04-13-2016, 02:08 PM
Hope it's a bug. I was waiting for this dlc but I won't pay. I bought gold edition for not paying any additional money later.

Vilda_
04-18-2016, 01:34 PM
Bump.

Ubisoft, please clearly specify if not including Dreadful Crimes in season pass is an oversight or intentional.

ceekay.sickart
04-19-2016, 03:58 PM
So I just saw the dreadful crimes as a nice cracked addon by codex. People who bought the gold edition can't have access to it, but those who are pirating it can play it for free. Nice touch, Ubisoft! Thank you!

Ubi-JollyCharly
04-20-2016, 06:06 PM
Hello Assassins,

The Dreadful Crimes is not part of the Season Pass, this is why this DLC is not included in the Gold Edition.

JollyCharly

YazX_
04-20-2016, 10:28 PM
So I just saw the dreadful crimes as a nice cracked addon by codex. People who bought the gold edition can't have access to it, but those who are pirating it can play it for free. Nice touch, Ubisoft! Thank you!

REMINDER, Piracy discussion is prohibited on forums with zero tolerance policy which is against forum rules and will get your forum account banned, please refrain.

MnemonicSyntax
04-21-2016, 10:00 AM
Hello Assassins,

The Dreadful Crimes is not part of the Season Pass, this is why this DLC is not included in the Gold Edition.

JollyCharly

Congratulations, you just lost a supporter.

Over five measly bucks.

I know that the patch before the latest patch to "prepare" for Dreadful Crimes on PC already had it on there and it's behind a paywall. I checked the files myself.

Five bucks to play what you've already given to us for free as part of an update but it's behind lock and key.

YOU GUYS SUCK! GET A CLUE UBISOFT!

ceekay.sickart
04-22-2016, 01:36 PM
REMINDER, Piracy discussion is prohibited on forums with zero tolerance policy which is against forum rules and will get your forum account banned, please refrain.

Well, it's always nice to be a customer, pay money for a product and get banned for expressing my thoughts on it.

Ubi-Banshee
04-22-2016, 01:51 PM

Over five measly bucks.

I know that the patch before the latest patch to "prepare" for Dreadful Crimes on PC already had it on there and it's behind a paywall. I checked the files myself.

Five bucks to play what you've already given to us for free as part of an update but it's behind lock and key.

Hi Mnemonic,

I understand your frustration with the DLC and the lack of clarity around the issue.The content pack was originally delivered as a PS4 exclusive that has recently been made available for purchase to PC players. Due to exclusivity, it cannot be offered through the Season Pass as it is not available on all platforms.

I hope that makes the reasoning behind why the DLC is not in the Season Pass a bit more clear.

ceekay.sickart
04-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Hi Mnemonic,

I understand your frustration with the DLC and the lack of clarity around the issue.The content pack was originally delivered as a PS4 exclusive that has recently been made available for purchase to PC players. Due to exclusivity, it cannot be offered through the Season Pass as it is not available on all platforms.

I hope that makes the reasoning behind why the DLC is not in the Season Pass a bit more clear.

Thank you! We needed this because of all the confusion. This should've been posted as a memo somehow, I guess.

SkypherDZN
04-24-2016, 09:02 AM
This better be a joke. Since when does a Season Pass not include all content? This must be a joke Ubisoft...:mad:

R3nton82
04-24-2016, 11:36 AM
Hi Mnemonic,

I enter here searching info about this isssue and this is your excuse!? So, the logic behind a previously FREE DLC exclusive for another platform is that it is for another platform? What the hell? I get that a Season Pass doesnt get everything (like, for example Borderlands or The Division -btw, great game, awesome hacking community-) in terms of additional content like costumes or weapons, but since when this aplies to MISSIONS!?!? Never.

Ubicrap just made a landmark here: BUY THE SEASON PASS AND YOU MAYBE... MAYBE! WILL HAVE ALL THE MISSIONS AVAILABLE IN THE FUTURE. And lets be clear, Syndicate doesnt have and awesome Season Pass content to justify this additional 5 bucks payment for additional content.

SO, YOU KNOW, NEXT TIME YOU SELL A SEASON PASS REMEMBER TO SAID TO YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT YOU GUYS DONT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF WHAT A SESON PASS IS. Lots of games had previously unrealesed contents 'cause timed exclusive and when it launches to another platforms in some cases its even free content.

This is not an excuse, this is Ubisoft doesnt caring at all about their customers. Period.

Ubi-Banshee
04-25-2016, 09:25 PM
I enter here searching info about this isssue and this is your excuse!? So, the logic behind a previously FREE DLC exclusive for another platform is that it is for another platform? What the hell? I get that a Season Pass doesnt get everything (like, for example Borderlands or The Division -btw, great game, awesome hacking community-) in terms of additional content like costumes or weapons, but since when this aplies to MISSIONS!?!? Never.

Ubicrap just made a landmark here: BUY THE SEASON PASS AND YOU MAYBE... MAYBE! WILL HAVE ALL THE MISSIONS AVAILABLE IN THE FUTURE. And lets be clear, Syndicate doesnt have and awesome Season Pass content to justify this additional 5 bucks payment for additional content.

SO, YOU KNOW, NEXT TIME YOU SELL A SEASON PASS REMEMBER TO SAID TO YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT YOU GUYS DONT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF WHAT A SESON PASS IS. Lots of games had previously unrealesed contents 'cause timed exclusive and when it launches to another platforms in some cases its even free content.

This is not an excuse, this is Ubisoft doesnt caring at all about their customers. Period.

Hi Mark -

Thank you for sharing your honest opinion, I do very much understand why you are frustrated. I cannot speak for the company at large, nor around the specifics of the decisions, but I do fully acknowledge based on the player response, the exclusion of DC from the Season Pass could have been communicated with more clarity at the time of release. I can assure you that the Community team has noted it and communicated that to the team at large.

I am sorry for any frustration that this has caused you, and do not want you to feel that we do not care about the people who play AC. I will pass your feedback around the DLC along to the team and do hope we can work towards regaining your trust in the future.

Suikodudeman
04-27-2016, 01:19 AM
Will "The Dreadful Crimes" be coming to the XBOX ONE crowd now that it is no longer exclusive to PS4 and available on PC? Cause if not, I'd like to know now so I can stop buying games from you guys seeing as it seems folks who choose Microsoft's stuff over Sony's constantly get screwed when it comes to DLC for any AC games.

SHADOWxLEAGUE
05-05-2016, 07:19 PM
This better be a joke. Since when does a Season Pass not include all content? This must be a joke Ubisoft...:mad:

It's not a joke. This is how Ubisoft does business. Go ahead and buy the DLC and then vow to not buy a new game again from them until it's under $30... because it's usually hard to find DLC at lower prices and they always cut out good content for the DLC. STOP preordering games and stop paying full price people.

straitup
05-06-2016, 08:21 AM
Hi Mnemonic,

If ,as you say it was not included in season pass, why do i have it installed in my Steam acct with a valid activation number and why when i click on for more information i get an "online service error" also why have you not answered my previous email that was sent to your support network, for a large corporation you show a distinct lack of concern for the problems you have created.

MnemonicSyntax
05-14-2016, 02:23 PM
Hi Mnemonic,

Okay, so while I get that you're just a messenger, what's stopping Ubisoft from making it free. Who said it has to be tied to a Season Pass?

Honestly, I'm so sick of all this. I've been extremely faithful to the brand and even Ubisoft regarding other games. Hell, I even defended Watch_Dogs of all games!

But it's not just about a five dollar mission pack. It's the culmination of what I would consider blatant customer abuse. It starts off small, and it just builds and builds. It's old.

People are catching on. You should have seen the comments for the movie trailer. You guys are a laughing stock.

And again, I get it. You work in the capacity to keep the forum goers sated. Or sedated. But it sucks.

macxtc777
05-19-2016, 02:33 PM

Over five measly bucks.

I completely agree... I paid for a season pass for a reason; to get the Full Season Run and content for this game...

UBISOFT is really going to make me question any further purchases of their products...

THIS COMPLETELY SUCKS!!!

Jessigirl2013
05-25-2016, 06:21 PM
Hello Assassins,

JollyCharly

*sigh

I thought the whole point of a season pass was to bundle all the DLC into one higher priced product, but ended up being cheaper than buying separately...

Since the PS4 got it free its a disgrace its not even part of the season pass.

Jessigirl2013
05-25-2016, 06:23 PM
Okay, so while I get that you're just a messenger, what's stopping Ubisoft from making it free. Who said it has to be tied to a Season Pass?

Honestly, I'm so sick of all this. I've been extremely faithful to the brand and even Ubisoft regarding other games. Hell, I even defended Watch_Dogs of all games!

But it's not just about a five dollar mission pack. It's the culmination of what I would consider blatant customer abuse. It starts off small, and it just builds and builds. It's old.

People are catching on. You should have seen the comments for the movie trailer. You guys are a laughing stock.

And again, I get it. You work in the capacity to keep the forum goers sated. Or sedated. But it sucks.

I have to ask what are the comments on the movie and where are they, all I saw was support for it.
IMO the movie is on a rocky slope...

PM me if you want.

AtlanGEDC
05-26-2016, 09:04 PM
I have to ask what are the comments on the movie and where are they, all I saw was support for it.

PM me if you want.

Maybe just everywhere else than on Ubisoftforums? I got notice of the movie on PCGH.de and alone from reading the comments on the trailer
it is not very much liked.

on topic:

i hoped the bug hat season pass owners should pay for the Dreadful Crime addon got fixed and startet Syndicate today, loaded up the update and still it wants 5€ from me.

so i searched here on the forums and stumbled over this thread....and wondered.

is Ubi really that much in need of money, that they try to charge 5€ for an addon that really had to be part of the season pass?

the excuse about the former PS4 exclusivity is a really cheap shot at customers.

i was really interested how syndicate may end, just wanted to have the last addon on before i play further. skip that, interest went to 0

i was really excited about the upcoming Watchdogs

i was really excited about the next Assassisn Creed

i was really a faithful Ubisoft Customer....
think about that people. of Ubisoft.

PS: there is still sitting a ubisoft shop rabate code in my email folder, i think i can delete it now, or does anything change on Ubisofts decisions?

MnemonicSyntax
05-30-2016, 09:51 AM

PM me if you want.

No, you're annoying as hell. Stop replying to my messages.

seancass37
06-14-2016, 12:02 AM
is it really considered piracy if you also bought the game? i would consider something like that to be a gray area. who knows if the poster that was mentioning it had actually bought the game. i know some people don't even do that..they just pirate it

windsmere
07-05-2016, 07:18 PM
I wish I had seen that they want an extra $5 for The Dreadful Crimes before I bought the Gold Edition from Amazon the other day. It's a real shame because I had read it was good and was one of the contributing factors in me paying the extra for the season pass.
This is shady, pure and simple. No excuse except possibly greed. I was a loyal Ubisoft customer but your business practices of late have really dampened that considerably. For instance, I can buy the entire gold edition of Watch Dogs and Trials Evolution with all the DLC included for cheaper than I can buy just the season passes during any sale. Why do you like to stick it to your early adopters like that? I'm cancelling my Ghost Recon preorder. Thanks for saving me a bit of money I guess.

McConner
07-11-2016, 11:17 AM
I kept thinking if I have the season pass get enough for a full game. but no, we will still continue to be milked. that's not a nice thing of Ubisoft.

DSD27
07-11-2016, 04:25 PM
I got the Dreadful Crimes DLC for 3 euros in the Steam summer sale.

Not big deal guys, just surrender a trip to MCDonalds and buy the DLC instead ;)

McConner
07-14-2016, 03:29 PM
Not big deal guys, just surrender a trip to MCDonalds and buy the DLC instead ;)

it's not about the money, it's about how Ubisoft deals with us

Shinkai_I
07-14-2016, 05:42 PM
Hey, this is the new definition of "season pass" & "Gold edition" !

***youubisoft.

DSD27
07-14-2016, 05:57 PM
I got the Dreadful Crimes DLC for 3 euros in the Steam summer sale.

If you think Ubisof is bad, try EA.
I know this is not right but at least its a very cheap thing and an isolated case right? Lets hope Ubisoft won't do it again.

AssassinJumbo
07-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Actually I think it's supposed to be included. I have the Gold Edition as well, I bought it during Christmas, I think. Last Monday I got an update that downloaded the Dreadful Crimes, just as I was considering paying for the DLC. I even captured some footage of the missions (I was oh-so happy)

The thing is, yesterday there was another update, 14gb of something were downloaded, and now the missions are gone...

EDIT: https://s31.postimg.org/omxj5iu1n/2016_07_15.png
The Ubi Shop has the Dreadful Crimes listed as part of the Season Pass...

DSD27
07-15-2016, 06:41 PM
Actually I think it's supposed to be included. I have the Gold Edition as well, I bought it during Christmas, I think. Last Monday I got an update that downloaded the Dreadful Crimes, just as I was considering paying for the DLC. I even captured some footage of the missions (I was oh-so happy)

The thing is, yesterday there was another update, 14gb of something were downloaded, and now the missions are gone...

EDIT: https://s31.postimg.org/omxj5iu1n/2016_07_15.png
The Ubi Shop has the Dreadful Crimes listed as part of the Season Pass...

Gold Edition can be different from Season pack.

Weird.. Steam hasn't.

Fluesmaekkeren
07-19-2016, 12:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/FPXwmN0.png

Hi Mnemonic,

That would be lying to us all !!!!!
Dreadfull Crimes DLC is both listed as included in Season Pass and listed as "Activation : Automatically in your game" !!

But still you want 4,99 for somethning that every owner of the season pass already paid for? ... that is highly unlikely

Loomynartyflw47
09-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Hi Mnemonic,

yeah so what about xbox one?

i'm going to buy the season pass voor syndicate and i want to get all the dlc so i am willing to pay an absurd amount of money for it just for completing the syndicate collection

are you guys over on ubi gonna releasi it for xbox one? or is this brotherhood all over again?

khalidakhtar
09-22-2016, 04:54 AM
Hello Assassins,

JollyCharly

I was going to buy Season Pass but you all just gave a reason not to buy..

JohnDrMg83
10-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Hi Mnemonic,

I was looking around the web to find out why this wasnt included in the season pass, and I admit I was getting pretty frustrated.
But then I was lucky and found this thread, the answer from Ubi-Banshee is a perfect example off how so many other companys including other ubisoft threads should answer questions. Even when the guy is obviusly frustrated and using foul language, this Ubisoft rep keeps his answer personaly, polite and very, And i meen VERY, informatiive.

It makes perfect sense that this is not included in any preorder or season pass, we are lucky to be able to get it on other platforms at all.

So thank you Ubi-Banshee for a great answer and I realy hope Ubisoft uses this post as an example to new support emlpyes on how to answer frustrated customers.

Lysette88
10-18-2016, 04:52 PM
I was going to buy Season Pass but you all just gave a reason not to buy..

Buy season pass and dreadful crimes - it is content, which makes the game even more interesting and fun to play. The outfits coming with it complete the set so that both characters have about equal options in regards to the benefits those outfits provide. As far as weapons go, there is as well a quite useful silenced pistol, which is not in the base game afaik. The game gets easier with this gear though, what makes a new play through eventually more enjoyable, because you can approach missions earlier than before. Jack the Ripper is interesting to play as well, it is further in time so Evie is a mature woman at that time, no longer in her early 20s - and the situation in London has changed a lot. Dreadful crimes is good if you are interested in crime stories of that period - if not, then you do not need that, it is just 10 crime missions to be solved by investigations.

NenasCruvz
01-29-2017, 03:29 PM
Hi Mnemonic,

It is paid because it's a PS4 exclusive? Well, I recently (2017) got the Gold Edition for PS4 and Dreadful Crimes WERE NOT included. Why? Am I really supposed to buy additional content even while having the Season Pass? Really? What's even the purpose of a Season Pass then, if it doesn't include everything? Or is this a bug (hopefully)?

strigoi1958
01-29-2017, 04:57 PM
@NenasCruvz

Perhaps I can explain it.

People think, season pass means everything free forever but that is wrong, a season pass buys all the items listed in the season pass package, all the DLC that is made to be included in the game. Even if that DLC is going to be finished and released at a later time.

The Dreadful crimes was never going to be a part of Syndicate. It is additional work that got made when Sony went to Ubisoft and negotiated a fee for a bonus DLC (Dreadful crimes) to be made as a promotion to sell PS4 bundles. Sony paid for all those Dreadful Crimes copies that were given away with new PS4 bundles bought during a certain time. (So technically they were not free as Sony paid instead of the people buying the bundle).

Only people who bought those promotional PS4 bundles at that particular time were entitled to have Sony pay for the dreadful crimes DLC
Everyone has to buy it now if they want it. Ubisoft could have chose to remove it from sale after the promotion ended but instead offered it as an extra DLC for existing and new PS4 owners who might want it but it was never free, Sony has just stopped paying for it.

Also Ubisoft kindly made it for PC players BUT it is not part of the season pass.

I hope that helps.

Choncie
02-09-2017, 02:55 AM
Gotta say, this is some shady s41+. Ok sure let's argue the semantics. "Season pass" - what's a "season"? What's a "pass" for that matter?

It's obvious based on 4 pages of this thread that "most" people assume that "season pass" means "all DLC over the life of the game" (probably in part because that's what it's meant for ages both from Ubi and other devs), but I guess this bait-and-switch just illustrates the old saying about "never assume" and what it does to you and me.

New lows Ubi, well done!

strigoi1958
02-09-2017, 03:37 AM
ASSUMPTION is not a valid contract. Anyone who googles Assassin's Creed Syndicate season pass will find exactly what is included.... people can argue semantics as much as they like but if someone sells a collection of items and lists everything being sold, anyone who buys cannot then argue they assumed they were getting more than the items listed.

Considering how many thousands of season passes sold... the handful of people in this thread (some have not even bought the season pass) are a tiny amount of people who made a simple error by assuming without checking.....

Choncie
02-10-2017, 07:34 AM
ASSUMPTION is not a valid contract.

We'll assume YANAL. Regardless, no s41+ sherlock. It's not about a contract, it's about doing right by the community.

Anyone who googles Assassin's Creed Syndicate season pass will find exactly what is included....

What about those of us who bought the SP before this DLC even existed? Alrighty then. But even ignoring that - it's about doing right by the community (did I say that already?). For a measly 5 bucks from a few suckers, Ubi's gonna squander the good will of the community which is willing to spend plenty of $$ to begin with for a positive, seamless experience? Most who buy the SP want to spend a flat sum up front and not worry about being nickeled & dimed to death for stupid incremental cr@p.

Anyway, I "assume" you don't work for Ubi and can't answer for them in the first place, so shove off.

If anyone who actually represents Ubi cares to try to justify this dipsh1+ery, well feel free, would love to hear it. Yes, I've read the FAQ on it - not satisfying. From the perspective of someone who has spent plenty of hard earned cash on AC and Ubi in general, this approach is penny wise and pound foolish - do right by the community guys. They'll be willing to part with the big money if you keep it positive, and they'll remain loyal customers for the long term.

2 cents.
C

strigoi1958
02-10-2017, 12:13 PM
I'll assume you don't like facts as you prefer to try to attack the messenger because you cannot refute the message.

It has nothing to do with the community... the community asked (petitioned) for this extra work to be made for the PC when it didn't exist, AND the community has happily paid for the extra work... it's just a few who feel entitled to free stuff. Ubi just gave away 7 free games AND the sale prices recently were so cheap that it's ridiculous to complain about a few pounds/ dollars/ euros.

Anyone who has "spent plenty of hard earned cash" didn't earn it by working for nothing because someone felt entitled to not pay. It's about shareholders and employee wages.

Nobody from Ubi is going to pay any attention to someone who is just looking for an argument, they are not going to give you a platform to vent... but feel free to continue, I should find it amusing when people try to justify an unreasonable stance, blindly ignoring facts and imagining they are on some sort of crusade... but in truth it saddens me. :(

In life you'd have better understanding if you took a moment to see both sides of things rather than trying to justify why you think you are correct.

I'll do as you ask and I'll shove off. I've added you to my ignore list so I will no longer see any of your posts.

punisher12343
08-12-2017, 01:24 AM
Honestly that is kind-of Illegal to claim that a season pass grants you the ability to download missions, stories and other content and then claim that because something was exclusive that the royalties going to Sony are the problem of the season pass purchaser to still pay this fee, Yet I guarantee you that the PlayStation 4 owners who purchased the season pass and game later on still got the content. I'm sorry Ubisoft, but that is a load of garbage. You gave a season pass for content, you should be paying the royalties.

LynxedNull
09-14-2017, 01:46 AM
Bugsoft!!!!!!! I want my dlc freee! I bougth gold edition pack