PDA

View Full Version : Did you grow up with AC?

SixKeys
04-10-2016, 03:49 PM
It makes me feel old to think this question is even possible, but the series is close to 10 years old now. Despite being rated M, we know there are plenty of pre- to mid-teens who play these games. Some of them have been regulars on these forums.

I'm curious: at what age did you start playing AC, and do you think your current opinion of the series is in any way influenced by emotional maturing?

MikeFNY
04-10-2016, 07:35 PM
I started three years ago, at the age of 29.

Been a gamer since the age of four I think but had to stop in my late teens because I wasn't the typical bookworm at school when I was young so at the age of 19 I returned to school to give a meaning to my life.

I then spent almost a decade working hard to earn a living, as they say.

Three years ago, aged 29, I had enough free time to get back to gaming with the Uncharted trilogy being the first series I played.

It felt special but maybe because it was the first game I was playing after such a long time. I will incidentally replay this trilogy next month ahead of the fourth chapter to understand if it's really as good as it felt the first time.

I then moved on to Red Dead Redemption which continues to be a close call with the Ezio trilogy in respect to what is the most special game I played in these last few years.

Since then I played many other games but none of them came close to the above two. Maybe Far Cry III where in the end I sincerely felt connected to the island.

As far as AC is concerned, I remember clearly how the mate who got me into gaming told me, "Skip the first one, it's repetitive!". I understand what he meant but I didn't listen.

I love to start a series from the very first chapter and clearly I don't regret doing so for AC. I moved from one to the other to the next and onto the next without never taking a break, if not after Rogue because I was waiting for the eco-friendly PS4 to be released last summer.

In fact this is the first break I'm taking from the series and it does feel awkward.

The question you ask is a very good one because I more or less asked the same in another thread months ago.

I mean someone who played AC1 ten years ago at the of 18 is 28 today and I don't think someone close to his 30s will find the not-so-amusing banter from the Frye twins or the predictable love story between Arno and Elise amusing which is why I believe the next game should be much more mature in respect to the story and especially the characters.

MnemonicSyntax
04-10-2016, 10:46 PM
I didn't "go through puberty" with AC, as I was 25ish when it began. But, I've gone through a lot during that time, including getting married, divorcing, getting married again and having a son who is almost the same age as Assassin's Creed.

SixKeys
04-11-2016, 03:15 AM
The question you ask is a very good one because I more or less asked the same in another thread months ago.

I mean someone who played AC1 ten years ago at the of 18 is 28 today and I don't think someone close to his 30s will find the not-so-amusing banter from the Frye twins or the predictable love story between Arno and Elise amusing which is why I believe the next game should be much more mature in respect to the story and especially the characters.

I'm over 30 and I enjoy the banter between Evie and Jacob. ;) And my problems with Arno and Elise are less to do with predictability and more with how the Templar/assassin love story theme was handled, or rather not handled. The predictable course would have been to have them be madly in love despite opposing ideologies and discussing those ideologies from two different viewpoints. It would have been predictable, but it also would have been more satisfying than what we got, which was essentially one-sided puppy love from Arno who would have happily sacrificed everything for Elise.

Anyway, my point is don't assume so much based on age. :) My favorite game is ACB which many fans would tell you is one of the most straightforward, Disney-like, black-and-white storytelling in the series. And it is, and I don't care, I enjoy it anyhow.

LoyalACFan
04-11-2016, 06:01 AM
I guess I kinda did... I'm 23 now, and I started playing in '09, so I guess I would have been 16, but it was really one of the first games I got into; my parents were "do your chores and play outside" conservatives, and I didn't get to play too many video games as a kid as a result. I'm a much different person now than I was then, so I suppose you could say I "grew up" with AC despite being semi-grown when I started playing.

Senningiri_GR
04-11-2016, 08:28 AM
Well if one started playing as a child, for example 10 years old, now he would be around 17 and that is grown from Assassin's Creed. But I must say there is probably a problem with this as I suppose when remembering games before Assassin's Creed Revelations there would be a nostalgia as it would have different feeling

ModernWaffle
04-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Well if one started playing as a child, for example 10 years old, now he would be around 17 and that is grown from Assassin's Creed. But I must say there is probably a problem with this as I suppose when remembering games before Assassin's Creed Revelations there would be a nostalgia as it would have different feeling

That would be me; started AC2 when I was 11. Actually played AC1 when it came out, but couldn't get into it, probably due to a mix of its repetitive gameplay and my young age - i.e. lack of patience - at the time and have since played every following entry. I have a sense of nostalgia with all the AC games I've played but I certainly don't remember that much about AC2 / Brotherhood, along with most of the things in my late childhood, so I have to replay them some day.

I guess in terms of emotional maturing, as I grew older I became a lot more critical with the series rather than blindly loving it plus I hold higher expectations for story-writing now hence why I couldn't fully appreciate Syndicate's more simple narrative whereas I was quite satisfied with AC's 2 story after finishing the game (though undoubtedly the MD section was a lot better back in the old days ;) ).

VestigialLlama4
04-11-2016, 12:48 PM
I started playing the games in 2012 at the age of 22, in expectations for AC3.

In late 2011, I bought the XBOX 360 after spending my entire college years out of gaming entirely. I played games as a kid but decided that the graphics upgrades was more trouble than it was worth sinking cash in. I must have spent say 7 years out of gaming completely. Then the X360 price went down, it became affordable and it released at a time when there was a backlog and new releases coming soon, always an exciting time to purchase something. So Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, GTA4, Portal played all those games simultaneously, and then I played AC2, Brotherhood, then AC3 was released. And between AC3 and Black Flag, I played AC1 and Revelations.

Assassin's Creed was overall the series that really won my heart on that generation of consoles. As a kid I used to love action-adventure games like Prince of Persia, Quackshot and others, and I love old adventure stories with platforming. Assassin's Creed was the only major console (aside from Uncharted) brand that really revives and updates that old spirit to contemporary gaming. It also made open world into something other than running over pedestrians with a car, so it was awesome.

One reason I am more forgiving of MD/Lore and expectations with AC3, is that I kind of binged the franchise...for me AC3 didn't come with a long wait, it was hey, new AC game with better graphics and new setting. So you have a different perspective and without any fan baggage.

col_96
04-11-2016, 05:02 PM
I started playing Assassin's Creed when I was 14.

My Mum randomly bought me AC2 one day and I absolutely loved it!

GunnerGalactico
04-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Coming fresh off the PoP franchise, when Ubi announced they were releasing another game that involved free-running... I knew that I was going to love AC. The screenshots and gameplay footage with Altair looked amazing. I played the first AC when I was 12 which was around early 2008. A full year and a half later, I was overhyped when they announced AC2. Since then, I've always been a fan of this franchise.

in terms of emotional maturing, as I grew older I became a lot more critical with the series rather than blindly loving it plus I hold higher expectations for story-writing now hence why I couldn't fully appreciate Syndicate's more simple narrative whereas I was quite satisfied with AC's 2 story after finishing the game (though undoubtedly the MD section was a lot better back in the old days ).

I agree fully with the above post.The MD was definitely better and more relevant in the first 4 games. I was happy with the direction that the series was going until Desmond was killed of at the end of AC3. In short, my opinion of AC has changed over the years.

joshoolhorst
04-11-2016, 07:13 PM
I grew up with it when I was a little kid wow looking back this is nostalgic it was one of my favorite franchises:)

I remember playing AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3 everyday and ressearching the lore. I personally found Blag Flag not that good but not bad (had some good characters that kept me interested in the stor)... And Unity was so bad in my honest opinion I tried to forget that AC ever happened LOL.

But going back to the nostalgic parts. I still remember climbing buildings for the first time ever, fighting guards and the AC VS Templars and the Isu was mindblowing for me! seeing Assassin's Creed comming to the big screen is fantastic in my eyes and I hope that some friends of my that can't get into the games, comics or books will find out why I loved it so much.

But when I matured I changed and wanted more things to happen in AC that never happened and the MD has become awfull

That would be me; started AC2 when I was 11. Actually played AC1 when it came out, but couldn't get into it, probably due to a mix of its repetitive gameplay and my young age - i.e. lack of patience - at the time and have since played every following entry. I have a sense of nostalgia with all the AC games I've played but I certainly don't remember that much about AC2 / Brotherhood, along with most of the things in my late childhood, so I have to replay them some day.

I guess in terms of emotional maturing, as I grew older I became a lot more critical with the series rather than blindly loving it plus I hold higher expectations for story-writing now hence why I couldn't fully appreciate Syndicate's more simple narrative whereas I was quite satisfied with AC's 2 story after finishing the game (though undoubtedly the MD section was a lot better back in the old days ;) ).

Kinda me now:)

Black_Widow9
04-11-2016, 11:34 PM
Assasin's Creed was my first 360 game and I remember being awestruck at how absolutely beautiful it was at the ripe old age of 28. :p Every single one has held its own little place in my heart and each time I play a new one I still have that "OMG it's so beautiful!" feeling as I wander around. Now the ambient sounds, textures and ai voices hold my attention even more. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with maturing or the fact that they just get better.

Sigma 1313
04-12-2016, 04:27 AM
It makes me feel old to think this question is even possible, but the series is close to 10 years old now. Despite being rated M, we know there are plenty of pre- to mid-teens who play these games. Some of them have been regulars on these forums.

I'm curious: at what age did you start playing AC, and do you think your current opinion of the series is in any way influenced by emotional maturing?

Let's see, I started playing in April 2008 when I got my xbox. I got it on craigslist along with Beowulf, Guitar Hero, a controller, (AC obviously), a mic, a controller, the xbox and cords, and fantastic 4 all for 200 bucks. I saved for months to get it. My mum was less than pleased with the strong language in the rating, but after talking to my dad, they let me have it (I was just about to turn 12). I had no idea what it was about until I played it, and I thought it was so cool to be able to travel through time and play as an assassin. I still remember hyping with some friends throughout highschool about how awesome AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations, and 3 will be. After 3, we stopped hyping as much, but we still talked about it every once in a while, and I'd keep my friends up to date on recent rumors, leaks, and ideas about where the story might go.

Ureh
04-12-2016, 05:18 AM
Yep, same here. I was 17 when I played the first game on a laptop (could barely get it to run at 800x600 with lowest graphics). AC2 was my second ps3 game.

I can't be sure how the 17 year old version of myself would react to the recent ACs. But let's give it a try:

1. Free roam music is one of the things that helped me get "lost" in the city. I didn't need side missions or other diversions... I could just run or walk around the city and the music somehow brought the cities to life. I haven't played ACL, ACRo, or ACS (although I remember you guys mentioning that ACS has free roam music) so I can't comment on those. But AC3 and ACU sure felt lacking in this department. It's amazing how a few good tracks can add more soul to a city then a giant mountain of side missions and pretty graphics. I think my 17 year old self would agree with this.

2. Modern day. There's too much to talk about. Back in AC1, there was so much left unexplained, so much mystery. When Lucy revealed that she was an Assassin, I was like... oh my goodness. But in ACU, Bishop just barges into my console and she's like... "Yo I'm an assassin, press the play button to join us or else you can't continue your game." I'm hearing some good things about the present day in ACS, especially from you guys, so I can't wait to experience it real soon. At the end of AC1, you see the location of other PoEs and we were all like... "woah which place are we going to next?! and what are the other artifacts like? how are we going to stop the satellite?!?!" That scene only last for a few seconds, I think? Yet it felt like it was just right. But in AC4, you got a short meeting with Juno but it felt insubstantial and I didn't have any questions that I needed to be answered. I was like, "Oh okay, guess I'll just pick up the next game. (which I haven't yet)."

3. One of the things I was always concerned about, even when I was in high school, is bugs. I avoided most games that had issues with stability (framerates, crashes, game breaking bugs, etc) and to this day that hasn't changed. I still plan to get Syndicate but only after they fix the most glaring issues.

Any typed this as fast as I could, laptop battery running out.

cawatrooper9
04-12-2016, 10:53 PM
I was 16 when the first game came out in late 2007, and I got it for Christmas, the same week I started my first job as a lifeguard. I loved the idea of the game, and had been following it for a while online before release. I remember thinking how similar scanning crowds while lifeguarding is to the game, and how much easier it would be with Eagle Vision. Unfortunately, I had a glitched copy and couldn't finish it.

I got ACII a few months after release in 2009, after hearing one of my friends raving about it in homeroom. I picked up a new copy of AC1 (after having sold my old one a year and a half earlier) and finished it for the first time before starting ACII. I was more of a COD gamer then (gross, I know) and didn't really enjoy it that much.

I wasn't going to get Brotherhood, but one of my friends in my dorm Freshman year talked me into it. I enjoyed it, and while I wasn't blown away, it renewed a little of my faith in the series again.

I wasn't really planning on getting ACR either, but I saw it on sale for $20.00 a month after release at Best Buy, so I got it. I was actually really impressed with the game, and the ending had me very hyped for ACIII.

I was very hyped for ACIII. This was the year that I first started my annual series playthrough (which has kind of gotten out of hand as the years have gone on). I got ACIII early morning on its release day. I didn't have a car then, so I literally walked to a Wal-Mart a mile away from my apartment and back at 6:00 in the morning, then (foolishly) skipped my classes that day to play. Honestly, I liked the game. I wasn't a fan of the ending (both past and MD) but I didn't feel too let down. Still, afterward I was not nearly as hyped for Black Flag as I had been for ACIII.

Regardless, I picked up Black Flag on its release day, as I had a soft spot for the series at this point. I was very poor at the time and had to sell 13 (seriously!) of my other games to afford it, but I got it. And boy was I happy I did! Black Flag remains one of my favorite games to date. A few months later, amidst whisperings of a new AC game in 2014, I joined these forums.

I got Unity and Rogue on release day- or I would have, if it hadn't been November 11th, and Veterans Day, thereby the post was not delivered in my city that day. I was pretty mad, as I was more hyped for these two games than I'd ever been for any other entry in the series. I was a little underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them. I'm probably at fault for hitting critical mass with my expectations. I didn't let it affect me too much, though, as I continued to participate in discussion on these forums, and to look forward to the coming releases. I also had done my playthrough of the series again that year, and had introduced my girlfriend to the series- she loved it, by the way, and got caught up herself.

The end of 2014 was weird for me. In early December I was only about a week away from graduating college, and I had no idea what I was going to do afterward. No jobs lined up, nothing. So, when tantalizing screens of a new AC set in Victorian London came up, I was excited, but also a little worried. Where was I going to play this? Would I even have money to buy it? What was going to happen to me?

A few terribly mundane months of unemployment later, I got a fantastic job. About a month or two after that, I remember taking an early lunchbreak so I could watch the Assassins Creed Syndicate live reveal. A few months after that, I was playing Assassins Creed Syndicate... not even on my PS4, but on my new XBox One on my new 65'' TV. The only problem was deciding who would get to play it first: me or my girlfriend (actually, my fiance by then)?

So yeah, I'd say I've definitely grown up with the series. I've gone from a punky teenager starting his first job who saw a cool Youtube video (in Youtube's early years, no less) of a new game to an employed adult... one who's about to get married in less than a month! Of course, we'll drive away into the sunset in my white car with an Assassins Symbol decal on the back. Assassins Creed has been with me the whole time (to varying degrees) and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Venetica1
04-14-2016, 12:37 AM
Grow up with, sheesh I feel old, what is this? Survivor? Blech

I got AC1 week it came out and own all of the AC games, how can you not love THE best series EVER?
Beats mass effect, halo, dragon arse. in fact any game I can think of, we're not staring at hands and a gun for hours, it has an actual storyline, no lame arsed romaneces ( though Evie/Henry are cute but I don't think I'd want some full nude scene)
I'll love this forever...I hope, just don't go 1st person or throw magic or spaceships at us

BananaBlighter
04-14-2016, 11:39 AM
I haven't really been around for very long, but I got into the franchise at the age of 13 with AC4, and right now I am only 15. Actually I technically started at 12, playing AC3 on my older cousin's and my friends' PS3s, which is how I got into it.

I have always loved gaming (since I was like 5, when I was playing LEGO Star Wars), but my mother was against it so I didn't have a console and the most complex game I had played up to that point was Minecraft. But with AC the parkour was so accessible and fluid, and gave me this great sense of freedom, that I instantly fell in love with it. Also it was my first open world game and generally I just liked going round pick-pocketing civilians and seeing how, what to me seemed at the time like a living breathing world, reacted to my actions.

The main reason I play games games is to experience things that would be impossible in the real world. And with so many regulations, rules and expectations in today's society, freedom is a big part of that. So the ability to freerun and explore every inch of these beautiful cities was basically all the freedom I could ask for. Top that with the fact that these weren't just any ordinary cities, here I was experiencing history, something that would otherwise be impossible in 'real life'. And I look back now and realise that freedom was a massive part of why I was attracted to Minecraft as well (just in a different way) - that and my love for LEGO too. Its also why I liked climbing to the top of trees when my mother told me to not go higher than the first few branches, which sort of led on to my love for parkour and why I'm regularly attending classes now.

So yeah, that's why I got in to the franchise, and eventually grew far more passionate/obsessed (depending on who you ask) than any of those that had initially introduced me to it. As I said before, I didn't have a console at the time, partly because my mum was very opposed to the idea, and partly because I'd never found a game that I truly loved for consoles. All my friends played CoD and some even played GTA, but there was nothing appealing to me about those games (GTA's open world can be fun for the first 5 minutes and but then running over civilians for me doesn't have the same long-lasting allure as parkour does). However finally I'd truly fell in love with a console game and so I eventually convinced my mum to get me AC4 and an Xbox 360.

But even though my initial attraction to the franchise had a lot to do with my childish sort of yearn for freedom, even after these past 2 years I feel that I've matured and come to appreciate it for more than just that, predominantly the history and the philosophy. It was rather interesting for me when I found that the Assassin's are basically fighting for universal freedom, which for obvious reasons reflects the gameplay which brought me here in the first place.

I've also become much more critical, rather than just, as modernwaffle says, blindly loving it. I still and hopefully always will love AC for WHAT it is, and I think most take for granted how unique it is, but I can definitely admit that HOW these games are executed can definitely been improved.

Part of this gained appreciation and becoming more critical is due to my time on these forums. Listening to others' opinions makes me reflect on my own, become less of a fanboy and less blind to the flaws with these games, but also more open to the other ways that they can be really special.

Rather than just giving hints, this is the first time I've revealed that I'm underage to play these games. Well, technically, my copies of AC1, ACB and ACR all say 15 on the box because they were rated by BBFC, not PEGI who seem to be far stricter, so I guess I'm OK to play those games? On these forums, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not the youngest, but I can't really say. Hopefully, now that you know my age, it does not suddenly lead to conclusions about my maturity and instead judge that on my interactions on these forums. It's fine to conclude that I'm not mature enough for these games, but I hate that most base it simply off one's age. There are plenty of over 18s who are less mature than many under 18s.

I haven't really grown up with AC since for me it's only been 2 years, but even in that time I think that I've somewhat matured.

MikeFNY
04-14-2016, 12:02 PM
Rather than just giving hints, this is the first time I've revealed that I'm underage to play these games. Well, technically, my copies of AC1, ACB and ACR all say 15 on the box because they were rated by BBFC, not PEGI who seem to be far stricter, so I guess I'm OK to play those games? On these forums, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not the youngest, but I can't really say. Hopefully, now that you know my age, it does not suddenly lead to conclusions about my maturity and instead judge that on my interactions on these forums. It's fine to conclude that I'm not mature enough for these games, but I hate that most base it simply off one's age. There are plenty of over 18s who are less mature than many under 18s.

Don't worry BananaBlighter, for what it's worth I like reading your posts and would have never guessed your age. Ultimately the beauty of the internet, part of it at least, is that we can debate, discuss and talk about what we like regardless of our age, gender and nationality.

Incidentally I don't think you're "not mature enough to play 18+ games", as you correctly said there are many grown-ups out there who behave like children and vice-versa, it's all down to the individual.

SixKeys
04-14-2016, 05:48 PM
I knew there were a lot of younger fans, but damn, I'm surprised how many started playing at 15 or younger. I've always assumed most people here were closer to my age. :p I started playing in 2010, close to the release of ACB, so I was...28, I suppose? AC1 was one of my first "modern" video games, I hadn't played much of anything since my SNES days as a kid. It took a while to get the hang of things, but the game was so intriguing and beautiful that I kept going. Beating it proved that I could handle modern games better than I had assumed and ultimately led to me becoming a gamer. I started AC2 immediately after finishing AC1. Frankly, it was a little disappointing at first due to the different tone, but I adapted and came to appreciate both games as their own thing. When ACB came out, my AC hype was at its peak. The next two games after that were disappointing, and I think the yearly release cycle began to take its toll on me. I became a lot more cynical about the series as a whole after having been invested in MD and seeing so many important questions answered poorly or not at all. It's entirely possible that the later games are objectively better than I sometimes give them credit for, it's just that they no longer give me that hyped-up anticipation and mysteries to ponder. So I don't know if my view of the series has become more negative because I've 'matured' or because I've simply grown tired of the yearly cycle.

ze_topazio
04-14-2016, 06:32 PM
Last March I reached the depressing age of 31, but judging from my sh*tposting you can guess that maturity passed by me, when AC1 came out in 2007 I was 22, as a dedicated gamer I followed all the news back then, but I only bought a PS3 in 2010, so I was already 25 when I played AC1, 2 and Bro, so I can't say that I grew up with this, but I went from a slightly hopeful 25 old guy in to a 31 old tired and cynical guy.

Rugterwyper32
04-14-2016, 07:12 PM
Started back in 2009 some time after I got my Xbox360 in my first year of college, back when I was 18. So it definitely was a big part of my college years which gives me a lot of love for the series. It boiled down mostly to AC1, Resident Evil 5, Sonic Unleashed, Fallout 3 and Oblivion back then. Good times.

strigoi1958
04-14-2016, 07:13 PM
OUCH I'm old.... I started playing Ubisoft games on an amiga 25 years ago when I was in my 30's. And a Ubi Star Player aged 56 :)

I think AC has matured and a lot of people including my son. I think AC helped him realise life is not always just black and white.

Now my grandson plays Ubi games with me and as soon as he's ready I'll have great pleasure in buying him the whole series.

Sickboy7979
04-14-2016, 08:46 PM
I only recently got into the series in the last 4 months or so. I snagged BF for free on Xbox Games with Gold. I was hooked immediately. What drew me to it was the open world experience. Far Cry got me into those games, so I figured why not give AC a try. I'm glad I did. I own them all now, and am working my way through the series. I've beaten 1, 2, and Brotherhood in addition to BF. Working on Revelations now.

I'm 40, FWIW and have been a gamer for as long as I can remember. I remember when the series came out. I thought it looked cool but, never bought one.

Locopells
04-15-2016, 12:15 AM
My first memory of AC is standing in front of the Game Chart in Sainsbury's, bleary eyed after an 8 hour flight from Kenya, while the folks brought lunch...

As it wasn't out for PC at the time, I didn't really think about it again until I read a magazine article on the, then upcoming, ACII (this being at some god-forsaken hour while changing trains on a wind-blasted station in the middle of no-where - are you seeing a trend here?!). This prompted me to look up ACI, and the rest is history...

RVSage
04-15-2016, 04:43 AM
Yes it bought me back to games after a break. The last one I played before that was Max Payne / Prince of persia sands of time . You can imagine , how big a break it was. And I have played this series , from a teenager, to adult. Loved the first 6 games, even if they had some flaws, Unity simply upset me, big time. Syndicate made me better(especially Jack the ripper). Eagerly waiting for the movie

Ubi-Banshee
04-18-2016, 03:50 PM
Started playing when the first one was released, though I didn't really know about it until my brother got it a couple months after release. I shoved him off as soon I saw what it looked like ;), actually the first Ubisoft game I played!

Assassin_M
04-18-2016, 06:49 PM
I suppose I did in a way. I still watch the old trailers and teasers and get so many memories of the moments I first saw the videos. I'm almost 23 so 9 years ago I was 14. I then blessed the forums with my presence 2 years later.

Markaccus
04-19-2016, 01:06 PM
I recieved AC1 as a gift. Cant remember if it was an xmas gift (so that would be close to release, and i think this was the case) or my birthday (june the following year. Less likely). Either way, i have been playing AC ALMOST from its release. I have played and completed all the main titles (not 100% synch. Yawn) and have enjoyed most of them immensely. I remember the tv add for the first game, and at the age of 30 couldn't believe it was making me that interested!
I got ac2 late, not long before ac3 release, and had to play catch up with the ezio trillogy before eventually getting ac3 (not my fave, to be diplomatic). Since then, i have been getting each game maybe 4 months after release.

Like sixkeys, my favorite is ACB, and for exactly the same reasons!

Edit. I did not complete rogue. I do not consider it a main title, and gameplay wise, it is just slimline Black Flag, without the fun.

Shahkulu101
05-25-2016, 07:40 AM
First game I played was AC2 at a friends in 2010 and later that year Brotherhood. Was around 13, so yes, guess you could say I have grown up with it. I'm not sure age has made me more jaded towards the series, just the fact that the mechanics haven't advanced enough and the stories have become dull to me, especially when the overarching story petered out. It's sad to look back at because at the time I loved them, the AC games gave me the absolute greatest of joys. I was just obsessed with the whole thing and want that feeling back more than anything to be honest. I don't think anything can ever amount to it, though... Tried replaying the series recently and gave up during the AC2 prologue, I find absolutely none of it interesting anymore. Part of it is the fact I know what's going to happen at every corner, was mainly just bored by the gameplay though. Felt like I was just walking through the game.

This is an indulgent, honestly rather pointless personal monologue but damn it I grew up with the series, let me have this! :p