PDA

View Full Version : Can I make a purchasble DLC for my game?

Joey2bost2016
04-09-2016, 09:17 PM
My game is free the full version and it has assassins creed look like characters and if you want i will take it down. Its free for the full version.
Here is what im making this post question for, can i make a DLC for it that changes the way the player looks to make it look like ezio. The DLC will cost 0.50. I want to know if its okay to do this without being sued and me keeping the DLC money. All it does is change the character sprite and add a few more missions on.
if you want to know what my game looks like vist the link here:

MnemonicSyntax
04-09-2016, 10:18 PM
No, no you can't.

I don't work for Ubisoft and I can tell you it's a no. They have an IP to protect, and so even if it was free and you made zero money off of it, they're not your characters and therefore, don't want that reflection against their characters.

Joey2bost2016
04-09-2016, 10:26 PM
No, no you can't.

I don't work for Ubisoft and I can tell you it's a no. They have an IP to protect, and so even if it was free and you made zero money off of it, they're not your characters and therefore, don't want that reflection against their characters.

Actually here in amarica if you change 25% of the something like the art style like change the hood color and have no jumping and not have the same color and a diffrent story then it by law is my own creation.Also my character or "Player" does not have a name.

what im asking is, is it okay to use ezio as a dlc character

Venetica1
04-09-2016, 10:43 PM
..........Ubisoft OWNS all characters

Joey2bost2016
04-09-2016, 10:54 PM
..........Ubisoft OWNS all characters

Yes i know this, but the character cloths can be changed by color and the clothing cannot be copyrighted. See here: https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2010/01/08/5-things-that-cant-be-copyrighted/

Also i am asking for permission if i can do the dlc

MnemonicSyntax
04-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Actually here in amarica if you change 25% of the something like the art style like change the hood color and have no jumping and not have the same color and a diffrent story then it by law is my own creation.Also my character or "Player" does not have a name.

what im asking is, is it okay to use ezio as a dlc character

Well, you seem to have it all figured out. Good luck.

Black_Widow9
04-11-2016, 11:02 PM
No you can not. Please do not post your link again and read over both the Forum Rules and the Ubisoft Terms of Use (https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/terms-of-service.html).

Thanks