PDA

View Full Version : Help needed: Forum search doesn't find Oleg_Maddox

Heine30
12-19-2003, 02:41 AM
Hi,

To be honest, I quite often search for new posts from Oleg. In the old forum it was almost impossible because of the sloooow back-end.
So - today I tried the search feature in this new forum - and it doesn't work!
Searching for "Oleg_Maddox" in the "Keyword Search" gives me all posts in the "Oleg_Maddox_Ready_Room". OK, so I try the advanced search and enter "Oleg_Maddox" (and "oleg_maddox" too) in the author box - it returns no results!!!!
Can anyone supply me with information of how to perform this search successfully?

TIA,

Heine

Heine30
12-19-2003, 02:41 AM
Hi,

To be honest, I quite often search for new posts from Oleg. In the old forum it was almost impossible because of the sloooow back-end.
So - today I tried the search feature in this new forum - and it doesn't work!
Searching for "Oleg_Maddox" in the "Keyword Search" gives me all posts in the "Oleg_Maddox_Ready_Room". OK, so I try the advanced search and enter "Oleg_Maddox" (and "oleg_maddox" too) in the author box - it returns no results!!!!
Can anyone supply me with information of how to perform this search successfully?

TIA,

Heine

Tully__
12-19-2003, 02:53 AM
You may find the search function won't work for user name searches until the user has posted at least once in the new software. I know none of my old posts showed in such a search on my name 'til I'd posted.

=================================================

http://members.optusnet.com.au/tully_78th/Corsair.jpg

IL2 Forums Moderator
Forum Terms of Use (http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm)

Salut
Tully

Heine30
12-19-2003, 03:12 AM
Thanks for your reply!
Hmmm - sounds weird to me, but I'm only a software developer, so how should I know? LOL

I did the same test - and you're right. However, I will still consider it to be a bug in the search feature as the old posts doesn't show up in the search.

As with news groups one of the major advantages of a forum is that it keeps a "common history" to be used as a reference. Not being able to search posts intensively from the old forum is very bad, I think. Somewhere there must be a bug!

Regards,

Heine

Hawgdog
12-19-2003, 07:26 AM
Search worked to find the last 6 months of my posts,using my user name- before I posted here.
So, maybe its more sinister

smells like fish to me