PDA

View Full Version : AC Syndicate - I'm 60% done!

Barneyboy69
04-06-2016, 08:01 PM
I am nearly two thirds of the way through Syndicate now on PS4.

I like the game but I don't love it. For some reason all of the recent AC games from AC3 onwards have been biased toward collectibles and trophy achievement. For instance in this game you have to collect chests, big chests, pressed flowers, glitches posters and secrets.

Apart from this, there are Perks where the same task has to completed over and over again to gain a small percentage improvement in some aspect of the game. It becomes monotonous. Its as though the imagination machine has run out of gas!

Add to this the extremely long loading times and when you adds it all up, you seem to spend more time looking a guy, (or girl) in some sort of dreamscape than actually playing the game.

I bet in a 5 hour session, (and believe me it happens to the best of us!), 1 hour is spent waiting.

Come on Ubisoft, you have to improve on this.

MikeFNY
04-06-2016, 08:20 PM
There is a very easy solution for the collectibles problem, one I have been stressing on for years.

1. Do not include them in the 100% completion list
2. Add a filter in the map, FarCry-style to turn them off

The moment you turn them off you can forget about them, unless you stumble upon one of them of course.

I like them, I like to ignore them so as to go back to the game after a 1-month break and have something to do, remembering the "good old days". Unity was insane in respect to the number of chests but it was fun roaming around after taking a 1-2 month break from the game to collect chests, it did help to remember some of the areas of the map and what happened there during the main story.

Clearly there is a much better solution, give them a better purpose than just monetary or purely aesthetic value.

I do agree on the Perks, forcing you to do stuff you don't really want to do is not that fun. I prefer to have some sort of screen illustrating what sort of assassin I am. I believe there was something similar in the Initiates website, with a bunch of statistics about the number of cover kills, air assassinations and what type of assassin you are.

The loading time never bothered me to be honest.

Venetica1
04-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Congrats, it loads super fast for me

ERICATHERINE
04-06-2016, 11:23 PM
Actually, many of the collectibles of syndicate give something back. The golden chest give better gear. The flower give a cutscene at the end of the game. The helix glitches give helix credits and info about md. The bears give us a funny opinion of Shaun about them and a level 10 gear for Jacob. The royal letters give a gear for Evie. Finnaly (I think), the music box give the Minerva outfit for Evie and a video of her and Jacob when obtaining it. ^-^

MikeFNY
04-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Actually, many of the collectibles of syndicate give something back. The golden chest give better gear. The flower give a cutscene at the end of the game. The helix glitches give helix credits and info about md. The bears give us a funny opinion of Shaun about them and a level 10 gear for Jacob. The royal letters give a gear for Evie. Finnaly (I think), the music box give the Minerva outfit for Evie and a video of her and Jacob when obtaining it. ^-^

You're right, I edited my original post to change "than just monetary value" to "than just monetary or purely aesthetic value."

Ultimately all you mentioned is of little or no use at all.

The ship schematics in Black Flag and Rogue made sense as one could clearly appreciate a ship upgrade, like the mortar.

ERICATHERINE
04-07-2016, 03:30 PM
You're right, I edited my original post to change "than just monetary value" to "than just monetary or purely aesthetic value."

Ultimately all you mentioned is of little or no use at all.

The ship schematics in Black Flag and Rogue made sense as one could clearly appreciate a ship upgrade, like the mortar.

It's not because you think it's not important that everyone think that way, you know. The md info from my point of view are the most important. They make us learn that Desmond have a son or that we will no longer be an initiates in the md, for exemple. These two thing are important facts for speculation about the next game. :rolleyes:

MikeFNY
04-07-2016, 03:47 PM
It's not because you think it's not important that everyone think that way, you know. The md info from my point of view are the most important. They make us learn that Desmond have a son or that we will no longer be an initiates in the md, for exemple. These two thing are important facts for speculation about the next game. :rolleyes:

I'm not entirely sure what part of my post made you think my comment was echoing the sentiments of everyone.

Having said that, BarneyBoy was speaking about Syndicate so any mere speculation about upcoming games is of no use especially if he has no intention of purchasing the next game.

Besides, any text or audio unlocked through a helix glitch can eventually be found online.

ERICATHERINE
04-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Besides, any text or audio unlocked through a helix glitch can eventually be found online.

Maybe, but why do you think we can read/listen it online? Anyway you look at it, for someone to be able puting that online that person have to collect the helix glitches first to gain access to that. If we would have that by playing or right from the start nobody would probably feel the need to put that online since anyone playing at least the main game could read/listen about it without the need of a video. By reading/listening to those Assassin intel, I actually feel rewarded and it's the same thing for my brother. ^-^'

MikeFNY
04-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Maybe, but why do you think we can read/listen it online?'
It's the same old subject of "give me a reason to do it".

Why should I chase a helix glitch when what is behind it is available online?

You can feel as equally rewarded by just reading them over at the Wikia since the end result is the same. Actually, I believe it's better since they are in the correct order.

The blueprints in Rogue, however, were vital for the Morrigan as they were pivotal when taking on the legendary ships.

ERICATHERINE
04-08-2016, 04:22 PM
It's the same old subject of "give me a reason to do it".

Why should I chase a helix glitch when what is behind it is available online?

If you don't want to do it, don't, but it doesn't change the fact that for these Assassin intel to be online the persons who put them there first had to find them all and then puting them online.

Actually, I believe it's better since they are in the correct order.

They also are in the correct order in syndicate. Once you have every intel they are all there and in order. And no it doesn't feel rewarding to see them online. If I said I felt rewarded when having them all in syndicate, it was because I worked to get them. Not because I let someone work for me. :rolleyes: