PDA

View Full Version : Post BoB references.

ImpStarDuece
04-22-2004, 09:53 PM
All the reference books that i can find for the RAF 1939-1945 period seem to cover two things: the Battle of France/Battle of Britain and the lead up to Normandy and tactical use of airpower in the invasion of western Europe.

But what i wan't is information on how the RAF took the fight to the Germans in the 1941-1943 period.

Specifically i'm looking for information on the circus and rodeo serise of operations as well as the night bombing campaign, how practical combat experiance changed tactics, the development of the Spitfie as a weapon in the western front.

the 41-42 period seems to be dominated by the Med and the 43 period the domain of Italian opps.

can anyone help me?

"There's no such thing as gravity, the earth sucks!"

ImpStarDuece
04-22-2004, 09:53 PM
All the reference books that i can find for the RAF 1939-1945 period seem to cover two things: the Battle of France/Battle of Britain and the lead up to Normandy and tactical use of airpower in the invasion of western Europe.

But what i wan't is information on how the RAF took the fight to the Germans in the 1941-1943 period.

Specifically i'm looking for information on the circus and rodeo serise of operations as well as the night bombing campaign, how practical combat experiance changed tactics, the development of the Spitfie as a weapon in the western front.

the 41-42 period seems to be dominated by the Med and the 43 period the domain of Italian opps.

can anyone help me?

"There's no such thing as gravity, the earth sucks!"