PDA

View Full Version : Is there a beta I can sign up for?

Arkkenshield
04-05-2016, 06:01 AM
I'd really like to play test this game before I buy it. Is there any beta sign ups as of now?

FredEx919
04-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Hello Arkkenshield,

Welcome to the forums! At the moment we haven't announced any beta events. Keep an eye on these threads though. Once we have some new info to share, we'll be posting the details for everyone.

V4nClief
04-20-2016, 03:42 PM
I definitely look forward to playing this game and hearing more about it on E3. How does one become a community manager?

newt0714
04-22-2016, 03:18 AM
I too look forward to play testing this game. I think the concept for a blockbuster is there. It would be nice to help mold the game for release. I have played so many beta's over the years and I love providing that feedback.

V4nClief
04-22-2016, 04:03 PM
I truly do hope they release a beta or even a closed beta for us forum members. I worked with EA in their closed betas helping tweak the game and it was very fun to find the bugs and possible glitches within the game. Providing the necessary feedback and constructive criticism to make a game better for launch. No game is perfect, but I would love to help the For Honor team get the best results and a smashing review from the popular sites. Ubisoft loves it's fans for sure and out of all the video game companies they honestly do seem to listen the most to their fans.

MisterWillow
04-22-2016, 06:27 PM
I truly do hope they release a beta or even a closed beta for us forum members. I worked with EA in their closed betas helping tweak the game and it was very fun to find the bugs and possible glitches within the game. Providing the necessary feedback and constructive criticism to make a game better for launch. No game is perfect, but I would love to help the For Honor team get the best results and a smashing review from the popular sites. Ubisoft loves it's fans for sure and out of all the video game companies they honestly do seem to listen the most to their fans.

There was a closed Alpha a few(?) months ago that was PC only, presumably to test server stability and get feedback, with an Alpha-specific forum that non-perticipants (like me) were locked out of. There was a post made by the devs concerning the feedback they received and a thread made (here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1338276-What-They-Learned-From-Player-Feedback-Discussion)) discussing that.

Other than that one test, though, nothing else has been announced. As with most things For Honor, at the moment, I'm guessing they're waiting for E3 to announce or reveal anything, simply because it's so close and they can just have a massive info-dump of new modes, Hero/classes, campaign details, Viking gameplay, etc. etc.rather than drip-feed it to us. There was a rumour I saw somewhere that they had planned on doing the latter, but started reworking things (like adding the stamina system mentioned in the thread linked above). I personally think the reason they've been so lax on information is because what they showed at E3 was literally all they had anywhere close to finished and they've been so busy completing the other Hero/classes, units, maps (even though two more were in the Alpha) and whatnot, and they're doing so all at once, that they either don't know what bit of information they should put in the IV or they're just so focused on it that they've lost track of time (that would also explain why the Backstage Program all but disappeared after the first couple of months), or maybe a combination of the two

V4nClief
04-22-2016, 06:35 PM
Yeah I was aware of the closed alpha, but I don't really do PC gaming and plus my system I have is so old and crappy it couldn't even have handled it. Thus, I'll wait for there to be a beta. Honestly I'm more than willing to remain patient and let Ubisoft Montreal concentrate on the game and be fully focused. Allowing them to take their time and be intricate with the details is going to result in a very amazing and polished end result. After all wouldn't us gamers want that as the end result instead of a rushed potentially bugged version of the game?

MisterWillow
04-26-2016, 03:52 AM
Yeah I was aware of the closed alpha, but I don't really do PC gaming and plus my system I have is so old and crappy it couldn't even have handled it. Thus, I'll wait for there to be a beta.

Sorry. It's difficult to know how much new people to the forums are aware of. ;)

In the same boat, myself, though. Waiting for something on PS4...

Honestly I'm more than willing to remain patient and let Ubisoft Montreal concentrate on the game and be fully focused. Allowing them to take their time and be intricate with the details is going to result in a very amazing and polished end result. After all wouldn't us gamers want that as the end result instead of a rushed potentially bugged version of the game?

Absolutely.

Blazetwin2014
04-29-2016, 08:01 PM
A announcement on when the beta would be great to hear.#IamChosen

Sparley
05-05-2016, 10:18 PM
I'm craving to try the game, hope they will have the beta soon.:eek:

Lazerblade29
07-27-2016, 04:09 AM
Any word on how to get into Beta?

ksatnodesaelp
07-27-2016, 04:30 AM
Any word on how to get into Beta?

Report all the chinese and not so chinese spam advertisers, then go to the for honor website and sign up for the beta and then hope we have another one before release. You can only send one report every minute so feel free to sign up for the beta as you're reporting.

Lazerblade29
07-27-2016, 04:43 AM
Report all the chinese and not so chinese spam advertisers, then go to the for honor website and sign up for the beta and then hope we have another one before release. You can only send one report every minute so feel free to sign up for the beta as you're reporting.

Disregard. Figured it out. Thanks.