PDA

View Full Version : PC FarCry3 doesn"t launch

martinlotus1
04-03-2016, 10:58 AM
I bought FarCry3 week ago and then i installed the game on steam (my pc is: win10 home). I could not play because the game is not started/work.
Please help. :):confused:

WID992007
04-03-2016, 05:04 PM
find the games .exe file
look in Program files X86 \ Steam \Steam apps \ common \ Far Cry 3 \ bin

right click on the .exe file \ select properties

select the compatibility tab

check the box that says "run this program compatability mode"

and set it to Windows 7 fixes it for some ...

you can also set the .exe to run as an Administrator right there
too .....

or run the windows 10 Compatability more troubleshooter from that same window
as some times that does work for some other games and older windows applications

and try launching both steam as well as Uplay as Run As Administrator

next verify your game file why you have steam run as admin

To verify your files if you bought the game thru Steam ..\EXIT Steam ..right click your steam icon ..select run as Administrator

to launch Steam

then go to your Steam games library

right clik on your game

select properties

select local files

select verify Integrity of game cache

it takes a few min to do but its faster the redownloading your entire game , if its only a few files that were corrupt or installed incorrectly .... this in many cases will fix your problems in case you got a bad download or your game is missing a required file

gravesmeister
04-15-2016, 03:27 AM
I bought FarCry3 week ago and then i installed the game on steam (my pc is: win10 home). I could not play because the game is not started/work.
Please help. :):confused:

I've been working with Ubisoft for weeks on this and finally fixed it myself. I opened the farcry3.exe properties and had to roll the compatibility all the way back to Windows 98/ME before it finally worked. I do have the "run as administrator" checked also.

radaron19401940
06-23-2016, 11:37 PM
Will try, but Far Cry runs OK???????

Linoa4Ever-Ever
05-09-2017, 11:14 PM
Far Cry 3 runs ok ;)

But i suggest you adapt the compatibility to windows 98/ windows me :) the other ones didn't work for me !

userone2012
05-13-2017, 03:52 PM
I decided to play this for the 4th or 5th time. Installed a few days ago, started first go perfectly. Have played about 5 times - All flawless. Today the loading screen hangs forever.

If I verify the files it tries to download the entire game again
If I tell Uplay where my install folder is it doesnt find Far Cry 3.

I wasted my time and download quota (9.3Gb) re downloading the game a 2nd time and . . . . . . exactly the same issue. Uplay client is the worst out of every game client on earth. So my end result is I'm going to play DOOM via STEAM because when I launch the game it will load. Then I play it instead of ****ing around for days!

Ayman1720
05-22-2017, 09:08 PM
this is works but the game is lagging more than before, and the game won't started because is installed in drive that managed by Storage Spaces, to users windows 8\8.1\10, there is device called "Mircrosoft Storage Space Device" this thing is cause problem for ubisoft old games, for exmaple: Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, Assassin's Creed III, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, the only way to fix is download the game in drive that isn't managed Storage Spaces, which means in C:\, the drive that windows installed in, the game will works without any problems or lags

ewgerm1956
09-01-2017, 03:04 PM
My system. Windows 10pro, i7-7700hq, GeForce 1060, Samsung EVO, 16MB. Mine would not launch with update installer opening or thru splash screen. You must set the game to OFFLINE ONLY!!. Now it opens every time and is the only way I have found it to work. I tried compatibility with the update installer file but that did not work.

sheepang2
10-05-2018, 08:40 PM
I've been working with Ubisoft for weeks on this and finally fixed it myself. I opened the farcry3.exe properties and had to roll the compatibility all the way back to Windows 98/ME before it finally worked. I do have the "run as administrator" checked also.

thanks gravesmeister