PDA

View Full Version : PC Logged in missing items, twice.

Tmbrland
04-03-2016, 05:43 AM
I have logged in now on two seperate instances and have lost many high end items equipped as well as inventory items. I thought at first "I am dumb I must have dismantled them". So I spend a ton of crafting mats on making new items only to log in a couple hours later missing new items created as well as some older ones. Apparently I am done playing until this is fixed. I have lost time and materials due to this error and would love to know how the compensation will be working.

Natchai_Ubisoft
04-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Can you please make sure your inventory is not over capacity? Please also strip any weapons that you're not using and put whatever you don't need in your stash. That should fix your issue

keysha88
04-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Can you please make sure your inventory is not over capacity? Please also strip any weapons that you're not using and put whatever you don't need in your stash. That should fix your issue

i like to note that i got the same issue just now and i think it is cause by some magical way when i just logged in my backpack was un equipt.And i seem to have lost my high end muzzles.I re equipt my backpack and then logged out and quit the game and now the server wont let me back in as i think it does not compute with the stuff i had in my bag before.Can not play the game anymore as due to this bug/issue.A real bummer to say the least.

Tmbrland
04-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Can you please make sure your inventory is not over capacity?

Yes, my inventory has been over capacity, BOTH times... I think it has something to do with the fact that MY BACKPACK HAS BEEN LOST BOTH TIMES! I cant control the size of my inventory when I logout and have space, then my bag get DELETED and I have more items then I can carry. Don't make that the highlight of your post like that is MY fault...

Please also strip any weapons that you're not using and put whatever you don't need in your stash. That should fix your issue

So wait, I should strip all of my weapons that I am not using? Its how I actually KEEP atachments since there is a VERY limited amount of stash space for a single character and no I dont want to level a mule to hold items. Maybe making gun skins not take up space just like articles of clothing would help? Thats like 16 more spaces at the moment isnt it?

So I wont be logging in and DELETING my weapon atachments that I am using on other guns to add to the items I have already lost and I am betting would lose even more if I were to log in do complete your solution.

Nothing about compensation has been mentioned either.

keysha88
04-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Yes, my inventory has been over capacity, BOTH times... I think it has something to do with the fact that MY BACKPACK HAS BEEN LOST BOTH TIMES! I cant control the size of my inventory when I logout and have space, then my bag get DELETED and I have more items then I can carry. Don't make that the highlight of your post like that is MY fault...

So wait, I should strip all of my weapons that I am not using? Its how I actually KEEP atachments since there is a VERY limited amount of stash space for a single character and no I dont want to level a mule to hold items. Maybe making gun skins not take up space just like articles of clothing would help? Thats like 16 more spaces at the moment isnt it?

So I wont be logging in and DELETING my weapon atachments that I am using on other guns to add to the items I have already lost and I am betting would lose even more if I were to log in do complete your solution.

Nothing about compensation has been mentioned either.

the items are not lost as they are server side and registered within the logs.If you manage to log in in to the game just go to your stash and put some stuff in them then relog and the stuff will re appear. But fact of the matter is this should not happen in the first place.Equipt gear should not be gone in the first place or gear,mods should not be unequipt between log outs and log ins.This is a flaw with in the games coding and needs to be adressed by the devs as fast as possible as it prevents players from progressing in the game.

Neolitejukebox
04-03-2016, 02:22 PM
[Shamefull copypaste from another post of mine]

Are you passing the 40 items in inventory ? :/

The best that can happen is that your just getting the "backpack bug" since it's usually aggravated by mods/skins in guns.

When you log-in , does the gun STILL appear ? ( before you press continue game ) and then in-game you don't see it ?

If it does try to do what is stated here : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1420319-Bug-Help-please!?p=11530173&viewfull=1#post11530173

So, clear backpack , put it on a really low number , relog , check if guns are back.

As a general rule , until this bug is sorted , I recommend everyone to not have more than 40 items with them as you can be locked out of your account ( IF this happens you probably can only log back in in the 12th of april when it's fixed )

If it's not related to that specific bug , I really don't know what could cause that :/

edit : ups seems keysha88 has already got it covered :) ( I think the 12th april update will fix this bug )

keysha88
04-03-2016, 02:31 PM
It would be a shame if i actually have to wait till the next expansion till i am able to log in again,My goal of the day was to finally hit DZ50 today so i can start crafting.if this waiting till the 12th is actually so then that would be most unfortunate for me indeed. 8(

Tmbrland
04-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Are you passing the 40 items in inventory ? :/

Yes, I had a backpack that when equipped allows me to have 63 items so of course I was using that space...

The best that can happen is that your just getting the "backpack bug" since it's usually aggravated by mods/skins in guns.

When I noticed items missing the first time it was more then just my backpack unlike your link of people who were only missing the backpack...

So, clear backpack , put it on a really low number , relog , check if guns are back.

No I wont be deleting items to make my backpack lower to fix a bug that deleted my items...

( I think the 12th april update will fix this bug )

So, I lost a bunch of items, time and materials and now you are saying I shouldnt play for almost two weeks?

I think I will wait to see what someone from UBISoft says...

Neolitejukebox
04-03-2016, 03:22 PM
Yes, I had a backpack that when equipped allows me to have 63 items so of course I was using that space...

When I noticed items missing the first time it was more then just my backpack unlike your link of people who were only missing the backpack...

No I wont be deleting items to make my backpack lower to fix a bug that deleted my items...

So, I lost a bunch of items, time and materials and now you are saying I shouldnt play for almost two weeks?

I think I will wait to see what someone from UBISoft says...

Sorry , english is not my main language so probably I expressed my self wrong.

What I mean is , You just move your items from your backpack to your stash untill you have lots of space in your backpack. I don't mean deleting nothing.

Log-out and log-in , and the items should re-appear ( since you now have a lot of "backpack space" the game wont bug)

When I stated about the 12th, it's because that is the date that this bug will be fixed AND until then it can trigger to you, so the best way is , until that date , to not carry around extra modded guns and not getting near the inventory limit. ( so items don't dissapear or in worse case scenario you get locked out untill the 12th :/ )

So, I never stated you shouldn't play ( or at least that wasn't my intention ) , I stated that you should avoid having more than 40 items in the backpack until it's fixed ( 12th of april ) so you don't trigger it.

Tmbrland
04-03-2016, 03:39 PM
Sorry , english is not my main language so probably I expressed my self wrong.

What I mean is , You just move your items from your backpack to your stash untill you have lots of space in your backpack. I don't mean deleting nothing.

Log-out and log-in , and the items should re-appear ( since you now have a lot of "backpack space" the game wont bug)

My stash is close to, if not FULL. So I would have to DELETE items to free up space to put items there. You assume that I would magicly get my items that were missing back due to this bug. However, the items I delete to make room for this magic to happen would be, gone.

I appreaciate your help but as stated I will wait to hear from the staff in regard to my recent posts.

Neolitejukebox
04-03-2016, 03:51 PM
My stash is close to, if not FULL. So I would have to DELETE items to free up space to put items there. You assume that I would magicly get my items that were missing back due to this bug. However, the items I delete to make room for this magic to happen would be, gone.

I appreaciate your help but as stated I will wait to hear from the staff in regard to my recent posts.

lol.
I though you missread , now I understand your just being arrogant :P

Ok , since you were unnable to search here's ubi's reply : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1418016-Connectivity-Infinite-Loading-Crafting

If you get bugged , wait for 12th , was just trying to help :P

Natchai_Ubisoft
04-03-2016, 03:54 PM
You've been told on two occasions now what the issue is, yet you refuse to take steps to fix it for yourself...
It's simple, Strip any weapons you're not using, Get your inventory as empty as possible, either by deconstructing things you don't need or putting things in your stash. Then relog.

If you don't want to do that, that's up to you, but that's the current workaround.

Tmbrland
04-03-2016, 04:24 PM
lol.
I though you missread , now I understand your just being arrogant :P

Its cute that you're some little forum helper guy, you dont have Ubisoft in your name so I could care less about what you post.

You've been told on two occasions now what the issue is, yet you refuse to take steps to fix it for yourself...
It's simple, Strip any weapons you're not using, Get your inventory as empty as possible, either by deconstructing things you don't need or putting things in your stash. Then relog.

If you don't want to do that, that's up to you, but that's the current workaround.

I have been told ONCE in some vague manner by an employee which is the only advice that I would consider.

Customer service isnt hard. If your customer has an issue with something its better to explain rather then posting a knee jerk reaction which in the first part
Can you please make sure your inventory is not over capacity implies that its my fault... or the second part...
Please also strip any weapons that you're not using and put whatever you don't need in your stash. That should fix your issue Stripping my weapons would be in direct conflict to your first request as it would add items to my inventory, that is when I log in to make yet another backpack. If its in my inventory and not already deleted its because I feel that I need it, telling me to deconstruct items to fix an issue is stating "Thanks for playing The Division all that time is now wasted due to our error"

A simple, sorry that this has happened to you and we understand that you have lost time and materials due to this and maybe throwing some crafting materials my way would have been much better then leaning on a forum fanboy.

Thanks for your help, its been a great time for me.

Neolitejukebox
04-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Its cute that you're some little forum helper guy, you dont have Ubisoft in your name so I could care less about what you post.

Yet both of us are here , me alt+tabbing from game to check if there are issues that I can help ( a thing that seems to be bad in the way you phrase it ;P ) , and you simply "QQing" :)

I do not understand how you can act so arrogant in such a situation were people are helping you. I'll refrain from replying any more to you then ( in this thread that wasn't even created by you ).

I'm not an ubisoft representative , and thank god I'm not , cause then I would have to read your posts and act nice to you, and not just state your just useless and arrogant even to the people that are trying to help you like your in some way superior .

Tmbrland
04-03-2016, 05:15 PM
It looks like now I am being effected by the...

[Connectivity] Infinite Loading
Some users are unable to load the game. The game will start up but the initial loading screen will not complete the loading. The cause of the issue is currently unknown, some players said the issue started after some items went missing and when they logged back in, they could not load the game again. Issue under investigation.

...this just keeps getting better and better.

Niko9er
04-03-2016, 06:17 PM
This bug is not the backpack bug. When you DECON an item, the glitched item in inventory throws everything off by 1 or some other variable and then decons/sells the other items... so how is it that they will just magically show back up again? Your fixes rely on the 'equipped safeguard' to try to prevent this and nothing more.

Tmbrland
04-03-2016, 06:33 PM
This bug is not the backpack bug. When you DECON an item, the glitched item in inventory throws everything off by 1 or some other variable and then decons/sells the other items... so how is it that they will just magically show back up again? Your fixes rely on the 'equipped safeguard' to try to prevent this and nothing more.

At least you understand.

keysha88
04-03-2016, 06:37 PM
all items are logged server side but the whole cause of the issue that somehow gear meaning a backpack and weapon mods (that are crafted) get glitched and get unequipt during a relog.And so when you log in to your account and the server verifies its log with your account it becomes incompattible if you do not meet the slot requirements the server does not know where to place the items and like in my situation i can not even log in to my account even.The items are still there but invicible to you as a player.In my case about 15 crafted muzzles got unequipt from my weapons as well as my backpack and now i am locked out of the server and end up in a server does not compute with your accounts infinite loadscreen before even getting to character selection screen.

Niko9er
04-03-2016, 06:43 PM
I've lost items to the Server Sync as well in the past. This just seems too much like juggling broken bottles. How about a game that just works? Wait, we haven't seen that in over a decade.

Tmbrland
04-03-2016, 06:47 PM
i am locked out of the server and end up in a server does not compute with your accounts infinite loadscreen before even getting to character selection screen.

I am also now having this exact issue on top of the missing items. I guess we cant play until the 12th. If that update even fixes this issue. I have stated a couple times about compensation for this and the mod has yet to even acknowledge that I brought it up.

keysha88
04-03-2016, 07:12 PM
I have send in a ticket to delete all my high end crafted muzzles from my account and hoping that will fix it.I am not fuzzed about loosing my self crafted muzzles as long as i can keep my pakhan and the muzzle schematic itself,i will just craft more later.It is a different issue when it comes to stuff mmade with division tech,as that is a big grind itself.

U4G-Taffy
04-03-2016, 07:21 PM
Same here can't login all weapons dropped there mods an backpack, when i could login i deconstucted a lot of stuff so i was under the carry limit an now i can't connect at all to the game.

Niko9er
04-03-2016, 08:21 PM
The 'fix' recommended; as in removing weapon mods and clearing room in stash for your backpack items will 'work', but you will lose anyway; you just get to choose the multiple items you have to ditch is all.... Personally I'd say give the community @ 30: 100x of each high end. :B

It took damn near wiping out my stash completely and every weapon mod I had, dealing with 9 different stuck weapon mods in mod list. These wouldn't decon or go to the stash. Finally after relogging and decon, relogging, strip wpn, moving to stash, decon, move to stash, strip wpn... in varying orders; BTW I tried not to decon from MY inventory, I sent it to stash and then decon'd for this from there. I have had to throw away about 50-60 items; rough guess so far, just to get the latest items I had ground for back. As I had to do this on the advice of a Ubi Rep; this is not a blind action and should be compensated.

While I am glad this 'works', for functionality at the moment, this is not a fix. Many people have lost so much in time and mats. I will post this in as many of the front runner threads that have this same issue in the hopes of helping for the moment, since no one else seems to want to completely break it down and say "Hey, so yeah... you're gonna just have to ditch all you've been working for and holding on to to get the latest things back." Cuz that's exactly it. Hope your stash isn't full of even more important things! Options seem limited here, Lose chunk of stash, keep losing more inventory on person, or don't play. Well, so much for all those mats eh? Make it right Ubi.

Hope this helps people figure out the best course of action.

Tmbrland
04-03-2016, 08:26 PM
The 'fix' recommended; as in removing weapon mods and clearing room in stash for your backpack items will 'work', but you will lose anyway; you just get to choose the multiple items you have to ditch is all.... Personally I'd say give the community @ 30: 100x of each high end. :B

It took damn near wiping out my stash completely and every weapon mod I had, dealing with 9 different stuck weapon mods in mod list. These wouldn't decon or go to the stash. Finally after relogging and decon, relogging, strip wpn, moving to stash, decon, move to stash, strip wpn... in varying orders; BTW I tried not to decon from MY inventory, I sent it to stash and then decon'd for this from there. I have had to throw away about 50-60 items; rough guess so far, just to get the latest items I had ground for back. As I had to do this on the advice of a Ubi Rep; this is not a blind action and should be compensated.

While I am glad this 'works', for functionality at the moment, this is not a fix. Many people have lost so much in time and mats. I will post this in as many of the front runner threads that have this same issue in the hopes of helping for the moment, since no one else seems to want to completely break it down and say "Hey, so yeah... you're gonna just have to ditch all you've been working for and holding on to to get the latest things back." Cuz that's exactly it. Hope your stash isn't full of even more important things! Options seem limited here, Lose chunk of stash, keep losing more inventory on person, or don't play. Well, so much for all those mats eh? Make it right Ubi.

Hope this helps people figure out the best course of action.

This ^

cypher_complex
04-04-2016, 06:32 AM
* munches on popcorn*

/passes the bucket/

( ・∀・)っ旦

Everyone else in the game just cleans out their crap. Get used to it. Not enough storage anyway *looks at ubi*.

Niko9er
04-04-2016, 07:39 PM
These were high end weapon mods, and other high end 'sets' as I'll call them. Geared for the DZ, but since the DZ is full of hackers anyway... I guess it doesn't matter if it was good stuff. Crap compared to being killed by hax.

Oh, you dropped this... *hands you troll hat*

Tmbrland
04-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Everyone else in the game just cleans out their crap. Get used to it. Not enough storage anyway *looks at ubi*.

You're right there isnt enough space however I like to keep more then one set of gear for running things. When you login and your items have just vanished and the fix is said, just delete some things and the things that were missing will just appear... not the best solution. However, since I cant even login anymore and apparently not until the 12th its even more annoying.

Tmbrland
04-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Hi, me again. Still have the infinite login bug. Been a couple days...

Seems that zero moderators have been posting in the PC Tech forums the past few days... I guess everything will just be fixed in six days?
You guys figure that if nobody responds and you launch the patch and problems fix themselves there is no need to talk to your community?

Feel free to let those of us effected by this login bug as well as missing items bug how we will be compensated, if you ever get to the forums that is...

Tmbrland
04-08-2016, 11:32 PM
Two more days that have gone by, has anyone seen anyone from Ubisoft post a single reply to anyone yet?

Dont worry UBI, I still have the login bug and have not been able to see how many more of my items are missing. I know you are VERY concerned about this problem from how attentive you have been to this post and others in the forums...

...thanks again for not reading this.

Tmbrland
04-11-2016, 10:48 PM
So, you forum mods have been ignoring everyone and their posts waiting and waiting for this patch. Now that its happening tomorrow is everyone going to return to the fourms and act like nothing happened? Ubisoft has to have the worst customer communication I have ever seen. Thanks for not helping people and ignoring issues.