PDA

View Full Version : What is the best AC character from your point of view and why? ^-^

ERICATHERINE
04-03-2016, 04:23 AM
It can be any character of any ac game from a civilian to a character we controled, from the isu era to the md.

Here is mine :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUwhFYEqro

The reasons : he is the very first Assassin I controlled and I think he have the best boss battle and the best counter kills animation. ^-^

ModernWaffle
04-03-2016, 12:28 PM
In terms of the protagonists, probably Connor - I liked his story arc the best among the main assassins of the series and I'm also quite keen on his ruthless fighting style and personality. Shay would've probably been my favourite if Rogue's story was written better and made him seem more like a justified anti-hero since as far as I'm concerned, he was in the wrong for accusing Achilles of making him 'slaughter innocents' which really felt like a subversion of the truth as a way for him to deal with his own guilt of the events that happened at Lisbon.

As for side characters, I think either Clay Kaczmarek or Hope Jensen get my pick - wish we got to see more of these characters. Clay since he was really mysterious and his character was built up well before his actual appearance. It's because of this context that I initially thought he was going to betray Desmond at some point in Revelations, but by the end of the game it's obvious that he held a genuine interest to help Desmond and by extension the assassin order even after all he's been through.

Although I believe Shay was wrong in what he did, I can't help but think his former assassin allies were way too quick to turn on him - which definitely provoked him into properly leaving the assassins - with the exception of Hope who seemed to be a bit more sympathetic towards Shay's situation and even by her death she doesn't show any animosity towards him. Also, she felt like quite a competent and dangerous assassin to take on.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-03-2016, 02:49 PM
It can be any character of any ac game from a civilian to a character we controled, from the isu era to the md.

Here is mine :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcUwhFYEqro

The reasons : he is the very first Assassin I controlled and I think he have the best boss battle and the best counter kills animation. ^-^

Freaking LOVE that video. AND the character.

There were numerous threads on this already, so I'd rather not post my answers here again, because they were too long.

You should have seen my letter I wrote here and send to Ubisoft (and Darby) :p

AdrianJacek
04-03-2016, 03:08 PM
There is only one true choice.
http://media.tumblr.com/d2b94858c278c96551e6329c8cba8839/tumblr_inline_mj223zpCsK1r5e7se.gif

Megas_Doux
04-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Because he chose to join his order out of conviction and NOT vengeance/daddy issues while becoming a better man in the process and my purely personal BEST VA job so far I pick the rowdy Edward Kenway!!!

You would see all of mankind corralled into a neatly furnished prison, safe and sober, yet dulled beyond reason and sapped of all spirit. So, aye... with everything I've seen and learned in these last years, I do believe it.

http://img01.deviantart.net/7c27/i/2013/255/1/7/edward_kenway____digital_painting_by_jodeee-d6m03eb.png

ERICATHERINE
04-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Freaking LOVE that video. AND the character.

Me too. ^-^

Xstantin
04-03-2016, 10:59 PM
Character development: Edward
Voice acting: Haytham
Design wise: either default Arno or Altair

pacmanate
04-04-2016, 12:01 PM
Edward by far.

His story wasn't a revenge story.
You saw both sides of the Templars and Assassin's from an outside view.
Matt Ryan is an amazing voice actor. Fair enough he used his own voice, but there was not one moment where he was off in tone which can't be said for others. He was very consistent.
Character development is also another reason. You saw him start off selfish and you grew with Edward as the story progressed and saw him grow wiser.

Personally, I think Edward has the best written story and the best character development. Add in the gameplay mechanics and it's my favourite Assassin's Creed.

To link into another thread about trilogys for characters to see character development; I can honestly say that Black Flag was so well written that Edward only needed one game. Sure, I wouldn't say no to a sequel if it ever happened, but I'm very content with what we have. Every sequence progressed Edward in some way or form.

dxsxhxcx
04-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Protagonist: Altair (2nd: AC2's Ezio; 3rd: Connor);
Support role: Leonardo;
MD: S16 (up to ACB, Revelations' S16 sucked);
MD support role: Shaun;

Sorrosyss
04-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Gosh, I have too many to choose but one. :p

Thing is, there are characters we know, and some we barely know that I'd like to see more of.

Hmm. I'll split it by era.

Isu:

I absolutely love Juno. Her little speeches to Desmond throughout AC3 revealed her torture, to the point that I honestly felt great empathy for her. I look forward to the day she returns, as she is a great character.

Then there was Eve. If there was one character I'd love to see the backstory to its her. I'd like to see how she and Adam came to the conclusion to rebel, and how she lead humanity in the great fight.

Historical:

I adore Evie. A great outfit, and I like her ideals in sticking to the Creed. (or trying to). Despite that, she still had a great sense of humour and I thought Victoria Atkin did a good job with her mocap and VA.

Edward. As others said, Matt Ryan arguably did the best performance by a VA in the whole franchise. He was a rogue, but he had a big heart that made him so likeable. I think it's shame he never got a sequel, but then his story was kind of done I guess.

Haytham. Arguably the best antagonist in the franchise. He just oozed charisma. I loved his sharp wit, and having a Templar with Assassin skills was great to play as.

Modern Day:

Warren Vidic. It was a shame to lose him, as his VA really instilled a great intelligence and mystery to the guy. He just had a great villain voice.

Galina Voronina & Charlotte de la Cruz. We are only now beginning to get to know these two within the comics, but I'm really enjoying getting to understand them. Galina is your typical no nonsense Russian Spy, and Charlotte has some really commendable ideals and morals that the Brotherhood are slowly eroding out of her. Look forward to more.

VestigialLlama4
04-04-2016, 01:56 PM
If we are judging from a dramatic and literary perspective then, Altair is the best character to me. He never asked our sympathy, he never lapsed into sentiment but he managed to win us over by being compelling and interesting, because his core and being, his stoic and curious personality, was enough to win us over. He's a guy who is never at peace with himself and he understood his life as a contradiction that could never be resolved. Those kind of contradictory characters who never find resolution are just automatically more compelling than others. So Altair and, and after him, I'd put Connor, because their conflict, their issues are genuinely interesting because there's no real resolution to their stories and they can never be at peace.

In terms of historical characters, it would have to be Blackbeard and Mary Reade...they were both historical figures and yet they were also characters we came to know and care about a great deal. Whereas in the other games, even Leonardo in AC2 to some extent, they were still kind of caricaturish.

In Modern Day, it has to be Subject 16...

ModernWaffle
04-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Personally, I think Edward has the best written story and the best character development. Add in the gameplay mechanics and it's my favourite Assassin's Creed.

To link into another thread about trilogys for characters to see character development; I can honestly say that Black Flag was so well written that Edward only needed one game. Sure, I wouldn't say no to a sequel if it ever happened, but I'm very content with what we have. Every sequence progressed Edward in some way or form.

Agreeing with this sentiment as the AC games with better story writing seem to simultaneously produce the better characters as well; lately for Unity and Syndicate apart from the main protagonists I find it more difficult to remember any other notable characters in either games, with the exception of Bellec and Henry Green respectively.

GunnerGalactico
04-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Character story/development/personality: Altair, Connor, Evie, Ezio and Edward

Voice: Arno, Haytham, Ezio, Altair, Al Mualim

Supporting characters: Mary Read, Yusuf Tazim, Leonardo

LoyalACFan
04-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Edward by far.

Matt Ryan is an amazing voice actor. Fair enough he used his own voice, but there was not one moment where he was off in tone which can't be said for others. He was very consistent.
Character development is also another reason. You saw him start off selfish and you grew with Edward as the story progressed and saw him grow wiser.

This exactly.

I haven't done one of those protagonist ranking things in a while, at least post-ACS, so here goes.

Edward>Ezio>Altair>Connor>Evie>Shay>Arno>Aveline>Jacob

BananaBlighter
04-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Edward by far.

This.

I don't think Edward needs a sequel. He's one of the main reasons for why AC4 is my favourite game in the franchise.

After that I'd have to say either Altair or Connor for the same reasons as VestigialLlama4. Their voice actors weren't great but their stories, their struggles and how they perceived the world were interesting.

jacqulina
04-06-2016, 02:41 PM
connor i loved playing him the whole ac3 story amazing,i also love black flag edward excellent too

ERICATHERINE
04-06-2016, 04:19 PM
connor i loved playing him the whole ac3 story amazing,i also love black flag edward excellent too

Welcome to the forum. It's a pleasure your first post is in my thread. I don't answer too much on this one because it's a thread based on the opinions of others, but don't worry, I still read every comment in the thread I make. ^-^

Venetica1
04-15-2016, 11:27 PM
Edward

Now, though Jacob for his recklessness, agressiveness, smartass comments, etc
Evie for her calm veneer, rational thinking, her focus on things important to her, plus her cute crush on Henry :p
Hands down those 2

Whys everyone love Ezio soooo much, I liked him so don't be hating, but just curious, he has a huge fan club

SixKeys
04-16-2016, 11:27 AM
Modern Day:

Warren Vidic. It was a shame to lose him, as his VA really instilled a great intelligence and mystery to the guy. He just had a great villain voice.

^ This. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's objectively the best character (or even my biggest favorite), but he is always the first one that comes to mind when talking about great AC characters. That voice could make the phonebook sound evil just by reading it aloud. The best moment for me in Rogue was when he appeared in one of Otso Berg's flashbacks, lol.

MikeFNY
04-16-2016, 02:11 PM
^ This. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's objectively the best character (or even my biggest favorite), but he is always the first one that comes to mind when talking about great AC characters. That voice could make the phonebook sound evil just by reading it aloud. The best moment for me in Rogue was when he appeared in one of Otso Berg's flashbacks, lol.

I agree with both, the original games had all the proper ingredients to succeed: a modern day hero, a modern day villain, a historical day hero, etc.

It's a shame the MD is such a mess today.

ERICATHERINE
04-16-2016, 05:16 PM
I agree with both, the original games had all the proper ingredients to succeed: a modern day hero, a modern day villain, a historical day hero, etc.

It's a shame the MD is such a mess today.

This. If only Desmond would not be dead. Hope the next md character we will control will do at the very least a job as good as Desmond (and I'm not talking about barman XD). ^-^