PDA

View Full Version : Possible Scrolling Problem

XyZspineZyX
12-26-2003, 03:42 PM
I recently purchased the Prince of Persia game.(It is excellent!) I started playing it, and then took a break. I saved my game and took the disc out of my Playstation 2, and put another game in. When I came back to Prince of Persia, I put the game back in the playstation and everything loaded up fine. Until, when I got to the main menu. It was scrolling through the choices very fast, as if I was holding the left analog stick down. I managed to get to the playing part of the game and when it started, the Prince was running and the camera swinging around him until both hit a wall and stopped. I do not think it is a PS 2 problem or a controller problem. None of my other games do this, and it does the same thing with several different controllers. Any idea on how it could be fine at first, but then later it is screwed up?

XyZspineZyX
12-26-2003, 03:42 PM
I recently purchased the Prince of Persia game.(It is excellent!) I started playing it, and then took a break. I saved my game and took the disc out of my Playstation 2, and put another game in. When I came back to Prince of Persia, I put the game back in the playstation and everything loaded up fine. Until, when I got to the main menu. It was scrolling through the choices very fast, as if I was holding the left analog stick down. I managed to get to the playing part of the game and when it started, the Prince was running and the camera swinging around him until both hit a wall and stopped. I do not think it is a PS 2 problem or a controller problem. None of my other games do this, and it does the same thing with several different controllers. Any idea on how it could be fine at first, but then later it is screwed up?

XyZspineZyX
12-27-2003, 09:34 PM
I have the exact same problem. I recieved the game for christmas, and when I popped it into my friends PS2 (mines back at my college apt) it would just scroll really fast through the options. At first I thought it was the controller but my friend tells me it's a brand new controller so it's highly unlikely it's a controller problem. I don't know...I hope it's not the game..it's going to be a pain in the *** to get it exchanged without a reciept.

XyZspineZyX
12-27-2003, 11:29 PM
I firgured it out:

Do you have a DVD remote for your PS 2? if so, take out the little black thingy from the PS 2, that should be it.(i can't think of was that thing is called, maybe a receiver or somethan)
Kartmn17 wrote:
- I have the exact same problem. I recieved the game
- for christmas, and when I popped it into my friends
- PS2 (mines back at my college apt) it would just
- scroll really fast through the options. At first I
- thought it was the controller but my friend tells me
- it's a brand new controller so it's highly unlikely
- it's a controller problem. I don't know...I hope
- it's not the game..it's going to be a pain in the
- *** to get it exchanged without a reciept.
-
-