PDA

View Full Version : AC Syndicate won't load PLEASE HELP

Screamingninjay
04-01-2016, 02:03 AM
logo stays on screen until i close the program, tech support says to wait it out and it will load. game wont load. i have tried running it over night and even all day. it wont work. tried running as admin. tried adding it as non steam game on steam. tried reinstalling. tried verifying. i have tried everything. i have looked online and it says to extract sound files then drop links into installation folder, but i dont know how to do that and that seems dangerous t do even if i did know how to do it. does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?
uplay wont help, this is getting irritating. i have also tried the graphics card driver thing. the one thing i havent tried which doesnt seem like a legit solution is hooking my computer up to a TV through HDMI. PLEASE HELP

Jessigirl2013
04-02-2016, 06:37 PM
logo stays on screen until i close the program, tech support says to wait it out and it will load. game wont load. i have tried running it over night and even all day. it wont work. tried running as admin. tried adding it as non steam game on steam. tried reinstalling. tried verifying. i have tried everything. i have looked online and it says to extract sound files then drop links into installation folder, but i dont know how to do that and that seems dangerous t do even if i did know how to do it. does anyone have any suggestions or solutions?
uplay wont help, this is getting irritating. i have also tried the graphics card driver thing. the one thing i havent tried which doesnt seem like a legit solution is hooking my computer up to a TV through HDMI. PLEASE HELP

Have you contacted support?

Screamingninjay
04-04-2016, 12:36 AM
Have you contacted support?

yes i have

Dolgothir
04-04-2016, 08:22 AM
yes i have

Then prepare yourself for a long wait or no help. It is Ubisoft support. Worst in business.

Best thing you can do is to hopefully find a solution for your problem elsewhere, solve it yourself or play other games.

strigoi1958
04-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Hi Screamingninjay.... can you please post your PC specs including which version of windows. The only possible solutions I can suggest at the moment are to ..... make sure steam and Uplay are marked as run as administrator under the properties tab (set it for ALL users). Check your firewall settings to make sure it is not blocking Syndicate. And go to device manager, network adapters... right click your network adapter properties and under the link speed tab set it manually ... do not allow it to auto negotiate... as it seems to cause connection problems with lots of different games. I'm sure these are very basic suggestions but as more people offer then hopefully it will be working soon.

Have you tried steam support ?

Also the known issues thread is here > http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1304652

ChelsieDemon666
04-10-2016, 09:37 AM

I was searching for the answer too, I updated my Nvidia drive to the newest version - still didn't work. Its already downloaded in the C drive.

Try opening Nvidia GeForce Experience (If you have it) - setting the settings to optimal and also on the Nvidia control panel, check it is using the correct processor, Mine was set to auto, which was using my Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 processor, so I set it to use the GeForce GTX 960M (Forgive me if this isnt the correct terminology I am not a computer Whiz), but I tried loading the game after I did that and it worked fine :)

Not sure if this will help, as I said, I am no computer whiz, I just played with a few of my settings and it worked for me

PointyEBT
04-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Hi.

I'm having the same problem after the game updated last night. It now won't load past the on-screen logo.

Screamingninjay
04-10-2016, 11:14 PM
I was searching for the answer too, I updated my Nvidia drive to the newest version - still didn't work. Its already downloaded in the C drive.

Try opening Nvidia GeForce Experience (If you have it) - setting the settings to optimal and also on the Nvidia control panel, check it is using the correct processor, Mine was set to auto, which was using my Intel (R) HD Graphics 530 processor, so I set it to use the GeForce GTX 960M (Forgive me if this isnt the correct terminology I am not a computer Whiz), but I tried loading the game after I did that and it worked fine :)

Not sure if this will help, as I said, I am no computer whiz, I just played with a few of my settings and it worked for me

i dont have nvidia graphics or drivers, just intel family(intel Graphics family 4400 i think), my computer can run black flags, which has similar graphics requirements. i can run skyrim and other games that require the same graphics as this game. graphics isn't the problem i dont think, i dont know what the problem is. i have done research and people with the same graphics card have encountered the same problem but were able to solve it. should i just give up? because i dont have the money nor time to devote to getting the correct stuff to possibly solve this.

strigoi1958
04-11-2016, 12:16 AM
Hi Screamingninjay I'm afraid the intel HD 4400 isn't really good enough for syndicate and many of the latest games, sorry. I've checked online and all the videos are set on the lowest settings and can barely play. Yes it may well play skyrim but it is a very old game and needed a lot less PC to play it. Even Black Flag needed less. It would help if you knew exactly what is in your PC. The CPU, and RAM and Hard drive but as you do not have a graphics card just intel onboard graphics it is not going to play the demanding games sorry.

Syndicate requires 6GB of ram and run on a 64 bit version of windows.
It may help if you set the resolution as low as possible maybe 720p which will be 1280 x 720 and turn everything off but I'm not sure it will play very well.

Below shows the game with HD 4400 and an nvidia graphics card.

Here is a video of someone trying to play using a HD 4400 as you can see it starts the mission at 19 seconds and it takes nearly 3 minutes 3.10 in the video to load
https://youtu.be/PA_ZW4TmkmE

Here is the Nvidia card to show the difference.
https://youtu.be/oCvWz2ln5Vg

PointyEBT
04-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Strigoi, what does that mean for people like me who have been able to play just fine until what appears to be the most recent update (after the Maharajah DLC dropped as I've already played that)? I've had no problems with my game up until now, but since it did a required update, it won't load past the logo. How do I fix my game?

Black_Widow9
04-11-2016, 11:41 PM
Strigoi, what does that mean for people like me who have been able to play just fine until what appears to be the most recent update (after the Maharajah DLC dropped as I've already played that)? I've had no problems with my game up until now, but since it did a required update, it won't load past the logo. How do I fix my game?
Please contact our Support team so they can troubleshoot this with you. In your ticket, let them know exactly when this issue started to happen.
https://support.ubi.com

strigoi1958
04-12-2016, 03:55 AM

Hi Pointy. As I've said in another thread there are so many different PC configurations, components and software with conflicts... it will always be impossible for a game or update/ patch or DLC to work 100% with each one. That's why some people can not run syndicate then others run it fine until an update/ dlc or patch triggers the problem....

A few weeks ago I finished FC Primal and immediately started replaying Far Cry 4 and it kept crashing randomly and freezing the PC completely. The only solution was to log out as a user with task manager... now I know it ran perfectly before but I've added and removed lots of software and drivers but in the end I found the problem by accident. My gaming keyboard profile was set to play a game using keys and lights and when I pressed those keys mid game in FC4 it started the keyboard game and locked out my PC. I stumbled across the solution by sheer luck and I would never list my pc keyboard in a ticket but now I will.

If all the tiniest insignificant bits of information go to support and/ or the Technical forum then it will be in one place and eventually a common link might be found. I sympathize as I am the quickest person to get frustrated when I cannot make something work. Perhaps a thread where as much info as possible is written and maybe we can see a common link.

PointyEBT
04-13-2016, 05:44 PM
Well I followed earlier advice I was given and contacted support. I've not heard anything back yet. How long does it usually take?

strigoi1958
04-13-2016, 06:45 PM
Without knowing what is stopping your game running it is hard to say.... but a lot of people have found that it will run if they download the latest graphics driver and install it manually with a clean install. Personally I have had problems with Nvidia shadowplay and Geforce experience that have caused game problems so now I always use Wagnards display driver uninstaller (DDU.exe) to completely clean all the bits of driver software that Nvidia leaves behind and I custom install and I only install the graphics driver, HD audio driver and Physx.
That may work, it has solved a few cases according to Reddit, youtube etc...

PointyEBT
04-14-2016, 05:41 AM
I'm not running on Nvidia graphics. I haven't since before Unity. :)

strigoi1958
04-14-2016, 06:14 PM
I would still re-install the driver then after that it is the process of elimination. just going through the usual things like turning off overlays, any background programs like sweetfx, afterburner, Fraps or any other programs. Turning off antivirus and firewall then verifying the game.

PointyEBT
04-25-2016, 03:28 PM
I would still re-install the driver then after that it is the process of elimination. just going through the usual things like turning off overlays, any background programs like sweetfx, afterburner, Fraps or any other programs. Turning off antivirus and firewall then verifying the game.

Did that and no change. I still haven't had a response to my ticket from the help team. It's been two weeks. Surely they should have responded by now?

strigoi1958
04-25-2016, 06:26 PM
As I said it is a process of elimination... it is possible that people have a common link that is causing a block to the game. But as many have fixed it by updating Nvidia graphics and you have AMD then it is obvious that it is more than just one thing on some peoples PC's that is blocking the game. I don't think Ubisoft can release a patch that will fix all these unknown problems because... well, they're unknown :( it might need going into task manager and turning things off or disabling them and trying to see if the game starts.

An_Army_Of_01
04-25-2016, 10:57 PM
Ever since the update, my game won't go past the logo as well... nothing on my computer has changed, so I don't know why it isn't working. Kinda bummed. I hope they fix it.

Ubi-JollyCharly
04-28-2016, 02:18 PM
Ever since the update, my game won't go past the logo as well... nothing on my computer has changed, so I don't know why it isn't working. Kinda bummed. I hope they fix it.

Hello An_Army_Of_01 and welcome on the forum!

Are all the drivers, graphic card, etc. up-to-date on your PC?
Otherwise, please contact our support as they will be able to help you according to your PC configuration.

JollyCharly

Dulcharn
05-05-2016, 11:49 AM
I had this problem too. Game didn't load beyond the initial logo.

The solution for me was to:
a) manually download and install the latest driver from the NVIDIA website. (without clean install, just the recommended install)
b) In the NVIDIA Control Panel I changed the 3D setting options under Program Settings to 'High-Performance NVIDIA Processor'. This I did for all the Uplay and AC exe files.
c) In the NVIDIA Control Panel I set the PhysX Processor to the right version, which for me was GT 710M (listed in the rig section of NVIDIA GeForce Experience.

The game loaded after that, without needing any fancy rebooting procedures.
I hope this helps others, as I was pulling my hair earlier!

D

Ubi-Banshee
05-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, Dulcharn!

Thanks for posting your solution :o

Luxidah
05-10-2016, 04:16 AM
Hi Guys,

I started to experience a problem when loading the game on my PC, when I click to open I will just get a black screen, tired to let it load for 10 mins, but still black. I hear the intro sound in the background though.

Any ideas?

PointyEBT
05-11-2016, 03:47 AM
Has there been any official word on whether this is a bug, or will be patched at some point? I *still* can't get my game to load, and you can see how long I've been trying from my post on the first page of the thread.

So far I've tried:
Uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers
Verifying files (which took AGES)
Uninstalling and reinstalling the game
Double checking everything.

Everything else works, just not Syndicate. It worked fine up until the last update/patch, which was well after the Maharajah content went life (I played through some of that). I think it was to activate Deadly Crimes, but I'm not sure.

I've submitted more than one helpdesk ticket on this issue and no one's responded, so what do I do now?

kareemali
05-13-2016, 04:21 AM
I had this problem too. Game didn't load beyond the initial logo.

The solution for me was to:
a) manually download and install the latest driver from the NVIDIA website. (without clean install, just the recommended install)
b) In the NVIDIA Control Panel I changed the 3D setting options under Program Settings to 'High-Performance NVIDIA Processor'. This I did for all the Uplay and AC exe files.
c) In the NVIDIA Control Panel I set the PhysX Processor to the right version, which for me was GT 710M (listed in the rig section of NVIDIA GeForce Experience.

The game loaded after that, without needing any fancy rebooting procedures.
I hope this helps others, as I was pulling my hair earlier!

D

This worked for me too! Thank you so much. I was wracking my brain trying solutions for days. These 2 simple changes fixed it for me