PDA

View Full Version : Bombing questions

Cuban_Missle
09-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Been trying to do some bombing with the He-111. The manual says that you need your true not indicated airspeed and that you can get it by looking at the instrument in the no cockpit view. I'm assuming that by true airspeed they are referring to ground speed. Is this correct. If so, how can you get your ground speed, when you don't have any wind info and you don't have the "no cockpit view"?

Also, you need to enter distance info. What if you took off from a altitude above your target? What if you are bombing a target that is at a completely different elevation? Do you basically have to estimate these settings?

thanks

Cuban_Missle
09-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Been trying to do some bombing with the He-111. The manual says that you need your true not indicated airspeed and that you can get it by looking at the instrument in the no cockpit view. I'm assuming that by true airspeed they are referring to ground speed. Is this correct. If so, how can you get your ground speed, when you don't have any wind info and you don't have the "no cockpit view"?

Also, you need to enter distance info. What if you took off from a altitude above your target? What if you are bombing a target that is at a completely different elevation? Do you basically have to estimate these settings?

thanks

WTE_Galway
09-11-2004, 11:20 PM
ground speed is not true airspeed

TAS adjusts for altitude, ground speed adjusts for both altitude AND wind

but there is no wind in FB so they are close enough to the same thing for game purposes

from memory I believe there are tables on one of the CD's to convert IAS at different altitudes to true air speed