PDA

View Full Version : Ziplining in Syndicate...

phoenix-force411
03-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Anyone here notice how bad the animations and seamless transitions while ziplining got worse and worse with each patch?

1. After a certain patch, you were unable to perform a particular action while zipling to rooftops or a higher platform. This action was performed by holding the left analog stick up and holding the high profile button. If platform or rooftop they ziplined up to is a flat enough surface for them to freely walk on or beam shimmy on, they would pull themselves up onto it instead of hanging on to the ledge. With recent patches, they did not fix this, and now, you are unable to do this anymore.

2. Jacob and Evie's animations for when they shoot out a zipline and when pull themselves up from the zipline(when you've reached the other side of the destination and they go into beam shimmy mode or they pull themselves up onto a flat surface)are no longer smooth. Jacob and Evie take a bit more time before they actually jump onto their zipline now which makes the overall time of traveling a bit slower than usual. As for the animation where Jacob and Evie lift themselves up from their zipline, well, if you have been paying attention to it(I don't know how it is if you have never installed JTR DLC), you would have noticed that Jacob and Evie get their position auto-fixed and it's no longer a seamless transition like it once was. I am not sure if I explained the second point as clearly as I could have, but if you have played the game with the JTR DLC installed/or with the latest update, you will notice these changes should you delete your entire game and start the game unpatched and with no DLCs. The zipling is just smoother--same with the game.

phoenix-force411
03-29-2016, 07:08 PM
I made two videos showcasing unpatched ziplining with both twins. Compare them to your patched game and you may be able to tell the difference and see the said issues I discussed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb4Zlg9qVjI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHR42fUgoDM

BananaBlighter
03-29-2016, 10:13 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about.

With point 1, I at first though it was only an issue that had happened on my end when installing. I couldn't believe that such a noticeable bug would have been let through. However, after making a thread on it in the technical support forum, I realised this was happening with everybody else too and I eventually ended up thinking the feature was purposefully removed.

And in regard to point 2, wow it's incredible looking at the unpatched footage. I definitely noticed it after installing the first patch, almost immediately, but it was too subtle for me to be sure. Eventually I got used to it, and until now I'd completely forgotten how smooth it used to be.

I hope it gets fixed, but I seriously doubt it will at this point.

phoenix-force411
03-30-2016, 12:58 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about.

With point 1, I at first though it was only an issue that had happened on my end when installing. I couldn't believe that such a noticeable bug would have been let through. However, after making a thread on it in the technical support forum, I realised this was happening with everybody else too and I eventually ended up thinking the feature was purposefully removed.

And in regard to point 2, wow it's incredible looking at the unpatched footage. I definitely noticed it after installing the first patch, almost immediately, but it was too subtle for me to be sure. Eventually I got used to it, and until now I'd completely forgotten how smooth it used to be.

I hope it gets fixed, but I seriously doubt it will at this point.

What's good about removing all DLCs and patches is that you can still play your save without the game telling you you can't play it because you lack the DLCs needed to play your save. I think I'm going to play Syndicate without DLCs and patches for awhile, 'cause it just feels so much better. If there's one negative thing about removing the patches, though, it's the low framerate in the customization menu. You can just tell that you're getting potato frames.