PDA

View Full Version : Ch flight sim Yoke LE Gameport version?

oeqvist
02-05-2004, 12:47 PM
I can get this for like 38$ approx. But I have some questions. I have windows XP and it says that I need a high speed gameport to be able to use it.

I got an Audigy 2 so I guess I am home free?

Also it says you can´t use USB devices at the same time with this yoke? So I can´t use my MOMO pedals in combination with this or my Cyborg Force stick?

Also do I loose performance by running gameport and usb devices at the same time?

Also win xp don´t support "speed buttons"? What does that mean?

oeqvist
02-05-2004, 12:47 PM
I can get this for like 38$ approx. But I have some questions. I have windows XP and it says that I need a high speed gameport to be able to use it.

I got an Audigy 2 so I guess I am home free?

Also it says you can´t use USB devices at the same time with this yoke? So I can´t use my MOMO pedals in combination with this or my Cyborg Force stick?

Also do I loose performance by running gameport and usb devices at the same time?

Also win xp don´t support "speed buttons"? What does that mean?

Sabla
02-05-2004, 10:32 PM
A Gameport to USB converter may help with some of that. At least for basic flight sticks, pedals, etc.
Not sure if they work on all older Gameport devices.
You can get them at Radio Shack or on Ebay for about $15 US.
With one of those converters you could make your own controls to Gameport specs (multi engine throttles, homemade rudders, other sliders, etc.) and attach it via the converter. The XP system will see it as a flight stick or "human interface device". The converters have switches on them to emulate different types of flight sticks.

http://img7.photobucket.com/albums/v18/revwarnut/P40-skulls-small.jpg
Burma Banshees! 10th AF 88th, 89th & 90th FG
Dad was a Crew Chief in the 88th.

JR_Greenhorn
02-05-2004, 10:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sabla:
With one of those converters you could make your own controls to Gameport specs (multi engine throttles, homemade rudders, other sliders, etc.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I just had a thought thats not necessarily on-topic.

I remember quite a while back the question was posed as to running multiple throttles in FB, but it was determined that the game engine would not support it because each engine must be selected first.

Why couldn't a guy make a rack of throttles and have buttons integrated into the ball handles. Light pressure on top of the ball would select the engine, then throttle ajustment could be made. A mechanical catch could also be included to prevent movement of unselected throttles.
I guess "Select all engines" would be more difficult to pull off.

Does prop pitch have a similar selection scheme? Could it work similarly?