PDA

View Full Version : Since I can't share any things in the game yet, here's a Creature of Nightmare

Splotchie
03-23-2016, 09:48 PM
So since I haven't got access to the game yet but I'd planned to have something to share today, to get into the spirit of things I decided to post a song I wrote that has a link, albeit a small and tenuous one, to this game. The visuals I've seen, especially of the Lagoon environment, were one of the main influences on the instrumentals here.
The song's called "Creature of Nightmare", it's kind of a mix between old-school industrial rock and a more modern 'indie' synthpop and you guys might like it. Who knows? Only one way to find out, yeah?
Vertigo Fox - Creature of Nightmare (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39155151/Creature%20of%20Nightmare.mp3)

The lyrics are about a beast attacking something or someone strongly implied to be his own reflection. Which is probably a metaphor for something, I dunno, I only wrote it. :P Actually I do know but I don't want to dictate what it should mean to you.
Anyhow enjoy, I'm sorry I can't share anything for you guys to actually play yet but this'll have to do for today.
Also to answer your inevitable question, I do have soundcloud. There's a reason I'm using dropbox instead and unfortuately it involves not one but two projects -- one of them is secret-secret -- that I can't discuss or explain. :(

MCYC-Shadow
03-25-2016, 05:15 PM
If it would be more powerfull and faster i would use this song in one of my vids.

Splotchie
03-27-2016, 03:26 PM
That wasn't really the idea of this song or why I posted it here. Thing is, I really think in this song's case at least that changing it away from the lower-key, weird-sounding-drums and creepiness it was meant to be would actually hurt it -- the song was really built heavily around those ideas.

That's not to say an absolute no, though. If you'd like, I could look into my other songs for any that fit the bill for you -- I've written so many over the years I know for a fact that search will turn up something. ;)
Otherwise, the next song I'm planning to write for the same album this one's on is going to be much higher energy, and I could give you a look at that when it's done.