PDA

View Full Version : Genuine request for extra control feature

kchickenlord
07-02-2004, 03:06 PM
This may have been asked already but if it has its not v/ current.
I like many other people do not have a ffb joystick, that combined with the limited keys on my keyboard makes trimming a real pain.
Since trimming is really only realistic with a ffb joystick would it be possible to include an autotrim button?
It should kick in slowly as if the trim was being applied properly.
Perhaps the feature could be on te realism options so ffb users can switch it off.
Trimming as it is takes so long without te sliders and forces.

Cheers, hopefully someone from the design team will come across this

kchickenlord
07-02-2004, 03:06 PM
This may have been asked already but if it has its not v/ current.
I like many other people do not have a ffb joystick, that combined with the limited keys on my keyboard makes trimming a real pain.
Since trimming is really only realistic with a ffb joystick would it be possible to include an autotrim button?
It should kick in slowly as if the trim was being applied properly.
Perhaps the feature could be on te realism options so ffb users can switch it off.
Trimming as it is takes so long without te sliders and forces.

Cheers, hopefully someone from the design team will come across this

Flygflottilj16_Sulan
07-02-2004, 03:10 PM
I agree! Don´t have the problem any longer though (Ms racing wheel as trimwheel lol)...

Like throttle/prop.pitch/mix settings can be set in %, so should trim I think. Still with the delay that everyone (except me and a few others) hate...

WWMaxGunz
07-02-2004, 03:22 PM
Asked for already. Refused.

Also asked for a key to stop trim motion in progress or have trim input while trim
motion is in progress then to stop the delayed motion and take the new input. That's
for that delayed trim where you find out how much you entered, by like holding a key
down for 2 seconds, only when your nose passes trim and keeps going which is UNREAL
AS ALL GETOUT considering when you enter trim for real, you STOP when the stick force
is neutralized instead of keep going X # of turns you might have to estimate or even
being STUCK with not moving the wheel less than 1/4 turn kind of motion.

The latter probably can't be done due to the way the code works. You'll get that.
So please don't ask or start some insane thread howling for the usual impossible!

Neal

kchickenlord
07-02-2004, 04:41 PM
No problem, think i might invest in a ffb joystick so.
Do you know anything that would have proper trim wheels and the like?

HalisMojab1
07-04-2004, 05:03 AM
I use the trim wheels on my CH Combat Stick, because then I can see where the wheel is positioned, and know that I've placed it correctly for a given airspeed. The problem with trimming in IL-2 is that you have no visual feedback, so you have no idea how much trim you've fed in, and you have to wait to see if the result has come through, which makes it time-consuming. In CFS2 there was a trim gauge, so you could add it to aircraft cockpits and instantly see when you'd applied one notch, two notches, three-and-a-half, whatever. I never had problems trimming when I could pop this up on screen.
A toggleable trim-gauge in IL-2 would solve everything.