PDA

View Full Version : What I miss the most. Few suggestions

Wickushh
03-22-2016, 12:53 AM
Big fan of the trackmania series! Can't believe its come to xbox super excited.

We need some type of global record system like dedimania for the more competitive player. (this is what I miss the most and I think a lot of the 'old-school' players will)
If you come online and no one is playing on your favourite server there is still a reason to join and play by yourself. Setting those records was something to aim for.

Currently each time I play a track I have no idea my personal record as it resets itself every time even if I've played that track 50 times before, I'd like to know my personal record for that track and keep trying to improve it. (another reason for something like dedimania).

Being able to name your tracks & servers.. When making a server with all your tracks the thumbnails are hard to tell apart sometimes and just numbers can be a little confusing when deciding what tracks to upload (especially once you've built a-lot of tracks)

I feel like user created tracks were always a big part in any of the trackmania series so some type of filter for searching for tracks instead of scrolling through pages...(like highest rating, most downloaded, environment, length etc). Also need some type of leaderboards for user created tracks.

Having the option to find/sort rooms by the players skill level (higher/lower)

Being able to see the players global rankings when a track is finished instead of just the echelon rank (displayed next to name)

Maybe a voting system for the next track?

Track Building
Transitioning from grass to road in stadium mode is no were near as 'smooth' as any of the other stadium series.

The option to go back and delete individual track pieces, so frustrating having to delete your whole track just to fix a block near the start of your track..

Where are all the signs and decorations to help players find the right way to go??

There's no option to remove/delete a private uploaded track, why?

Options/Settings
Turn on & off players ghosts, it can get hard to see at times when you've got 100 people racing

Where's all the options? Like music and SFX volume, Sensitivity, brightness etc??

Button mapping to change controls to play with whats comfortable for you.

The Option to save and download replays (everyone plays differently, helps to find certain lines and ways to hit certain parts of a track)

Option to change next or back on the music player, and the song shouldn't restart EVERYTIME I restart.

Customisaton
Customisable skins or just more unlockables like rims and horns
Also I loved the neons you could get back in the day maybe eventually we can get something similar to bring more individuality to the game.

http://s16.postimg.org/h2vvb64cl/E_KGapo_camel_neon.jpg

All in all this is great fun game, put a-lot of hours into the beta. I've already pre-ordered myself and looking forward to the full game. I really hope you guys bring in some type of leaderboard or record system! P.S if it isn't obvious stadium is and always has been my favourite mode :D

mobydeux
03-23-2016, 10:18 AM
We need some type of global record system like dedimania for the more competitive player. (this is what I miss the most and I think a lot of the 'old-school' players will)
If you come online and no one is playing on your favourite server there is still a reason to join and play by yourself. Setting those records was something to aim for.

Currently each time I play a track I have no idea my personal record as it resets itself every time even if I've played that track 50 times before, I'd like to know my personal record for that track and keep trying to improve it. (another reason for something like dedimania).

This is a no brainer, a must have feature for a game called Trackmania. Where is the replay value if you don't have a server ladder or a dedimania system in place? Grinding the ranks up to 9 will get old really quickly,

edit: now that I'm thinking about it, maybe the feature was disabled to not impact the ranking for the official launch date. Let's hope...
Also thinking that if ladder there is, there must be two of them, one for race and one for the stunt mode as you get few seconds different on the same track using the stunt mode...

DormaTrauma
03-24-2016, 05:02 AM
Totally have to agree, what a f****** joke. Let's play a time trial game with no record of pb's - how stupendous. Doesn't surprise me coming from Ubisoft though, to say the least.