PDA

View Full Version : AC Syndicate will no longer load after Patch 1.5

blatchskree
03-22-2016, 12:33 AM
AC: Syndicate will no longer load after Patch 1.5.
I have an AMD Radeon HD 6900 card. Every time ACS loads it advises that the driver is not the latest despite this being wrong. After the patch has been applied it makes the sound to advise of this, but the box to dismiss this error does not appear and the game will not load. How can i roll the patch back to 1.4.

matuxlogan
03-22-2016, 04:16 AM
I got the same issue, hope for a fix

yarpyarp
03-22-2016, 05:57 AM
I've just installed clean to 1.5 and it won't get past the logo. Not sure if it's the same fault but optimistically logged a fault with support.

wamadeus
03-22-2016, 07:01 AM
Yep, same here. Started the game as usual, a dialog box said there was an update available, I downloaded it, now it won't start. All I see is the opening logo. It's permanently hung. Good old CTRL-ALT-DEL comes to the rescue.

nextkiller1
03-22-2016, 07:33 AM
Same here

EscoBlades
03-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Please be sure to report this issue to Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com).

blindhai
03-22-2016, 05:44 PM
Please be sure to report this issue to Ubisoft Support (https://support.ubi.com).

Are you sure this is a good idea? I have a ticket open since January 31 and still no answer. Isnt it better to use the support at facebook?

TaylorBlakeH
03-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Are you sure this is a good idea? I have a ticket open since January 31 and still no answer. Isnt it better to use the support at facebook?

Honestly your best option is to b1tch like crazy on these forums with everyone else here until the issue gets notices enough by community managers to pass it along to more capable people. Ubisoft support is an absolute joke and if they by some chance don't close your ticket within two days after opening it automatically, then they will have you going through senseless troubleshooting steps trying to fix a machine that isn't broken since it's their software until they tell you that you need to reformat your installation of Windows.

I'd open a single ticket with Ubisoft for the sake of the issue being initially reported, but you're going to get noticed a lot better here if multiple people join you. I updated Syndicate last night but never launched it. I'll test tonight and see if the same thing is happening to me.

matuxlogan
03-22-2016, 06:32 PM
I made the ticket, so I hope some solution. BTW I got a 960 gtx, and IDK if I should download the 362.00 drivers to play. I have issues with drivers in the past so... some advice?

TaylorBlakeH
03-22-2016, 08:27 PM
I made the ticket, so I hope some solution. BTW I got a 960 gtx, and IDK if I should download the 362.00 drivers to play. I have issues with drivers in the past so... some advice?

Download 362.00 but don't go beyond that right now. The last two releases have had major issues so stick with 362.00

blatchskree
03-22-2016, 10:00 PM
I have an AMD Radeon 9600 card. Every time ACS loads it advises that the driver is not the latest despite this being wrong. After the patch has been applied it makes the sound to advise of this, but the box to dismiss this error does not appear and the game will not load. How can i roll the patch back to 1.4.

I have reported this to Ubisoft support. stuck on logo. Not expecting much really, but i miss killing blighters with brutal executions already. I paid for the season pass as well and i havent even touched the DLC yet. Please fix it soon Ubisoft

Absoll
03-23-2016, 01:52 AM
http://postimg.org/image/6ou2ryefj/

Inglish - when I open the game is labeled in the Assassins Creed logo and unresponsive, a solution ?

Español - cuando abro el juego se queda tildado en el logotipo de assassins creed y no abre no se que hacer una solución ?

ejemplo: http://postimg.org/image/6ou2ryefj/

jbite2
03-23-2016, 12:41 PM
http://postimg.org/image/6ou2ryefj/

Inglish - when I open the game is labeled in the Assassins Creed logo and unresponsive, a solution ?

Español - cuando abro el juego se queda tildado en el logotipo de assassins creed y no abre no se que hacer una solución ?

ejemplo: http://postimg.org/image/6ou2ryefj/

Después de la actualización de ayer, ya no puedo iniciar el juego. Voy a intentar preguntar a más gente, haz lo mismo tú también

jbite2
03-23-2016, 12:46 PM
When I click the "play" botton for the game, it just starts, and when the "acs" logo appears, it stays like that and the game doesn't start. Before the patch, everything was ok. Any idea of how to fix it?

jbite2
03-23-2016, 12:50 PM
I have an AMD Radeon 9600 card. Every time ACS loads it advises that the driver is not the latest despite this being wrong. After the patch has been applied it makes the sound to advise of this, but the box to dismiss this error does not appear and the game will not load. How can i roll the patch back to 1.4.

Same here man...

TaylorBlakeH
03-23-2016, 01:55 PM
This seems to be affecting most everyone unfortunately. Some people have been able to alt + tab out of the game when it launches and click "OK" on a pop-up message that appears regarding your driver version but not everyone has had this success. Post some screenshots if you can.

ImMortalFloW
03-23-2016, 03:16 PM
After the patch when I start the game, it shows the ACS logo and freezes. The game isn't being loaded anymore. I just can't play it :/ How to fix this problem? :mad:

TaylorBlakeH
03-23-2016, 03:17 PM
After the patch when I start the game, it shows the ACS logo and freezes. The game isn't being loaded anymore. I just can't play it :/ How to fix this problem? :mad:

Unfortunately the latest 1.5 patch has broken the game and there are currently no fixes for it.

TaylorBlakeH
03-23-2016, 03:23 PM
Community Managers,
Tons of threads are popping up regarding a new issue that the latest 1.5 patch has caused that prevents the game from launching completely. We need to sticky this thread or another one that you create so that people can see that this new issue is being caused by the patch. Also, please let your closest appropriate contacts at Ubisoft know that the latest patch has completely broken the game so that it can be repaired in a timely manner. I've opened a ticket with Ubisoft for the sake of reporting the issue and I advise everyone else to do so as well so they can see what's going on.

Symptoms: After installing the latest 1.5 patch, you see the AC: Syndicate logo/splash screen when launching the game and it either freezes at this screen or it goes fullscreen to black and freezes here. Sometimes a pop-up can be seen informing the user that their graphics drivers are out of date, although this isn't the case because myself and others have the latest NVIDIA drivers and the issue still persists.

-UPDATE: This issue appears to be affecting ALL Assassin's Creed games in your Uplay library for many usres; there have been multiple reports. I haven't gotten an opportunity to test this myself yet but I will do so soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible solutions: Nothing has been very successful thus far, though one user reports that he was able to alt + tab out of the fullscreen frozen game and click "OK" on the pop-up message about the graphics drivers and then the game resumed.

-UPDATE: Some people have reported that this occurs with third party monitoring apps like MSI Afterburner running in the background. Make sure you aren't running FRAPS or Afterburner or PrecisionX and try again

-UPDATE: Some people have reported that updating their graphics drivers have fixed the issue, but this is not the case for everyone. I was already on the latest version and doing a clean reinstall still does not fix the issue for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone, please open a support ticket with Ubisoft if you haven't so they can see a large volume of the issue and recognize that the patch has broken the game.

TaylorBlakeH
03-23-2016, 03:27 PM
Post your case of the issue on this thread I created to centralize the issue so Ubisoft can see the number of users experiencing this:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1418173-PC-AC-S-Patch-1-5-Breaks-Game

EscoBlades
03-23-2016, 04:24 PM
Thank you for this. The team have been alerted to the issue and will investigate.

TaylorBlakeH
03-23-2016, 04:27 PM
Thank you for this. The team have been alerted to the issue and will investigate.

Thank you Gabe

nash158
03-24-2016, 02:54 AM
Having the same problem here game never start, it just stay at the ac logo after the launcher...

alminemine2011
03-24-2016, 12:25 PM
Me too.:mad:
If this isn't an online game I'm gonna re-install and not bother with 1.5

:)

TaylorBlakeH
03-24-2016, 01:37 PM
Me too.:mad:
If this isn't an online game I'm gonna re-install and not bother with 1.5

:)

If you reinstall, the latest patch will be downloaded and included. There's no way to avoid this unfortunately. The patch will be part of the initial download files. Unless you backed up a copy of your game files before patch 1.5 and plan to restore them.

ojoseph2016
03-24-2016, 03:08 PM
same issue

gannet123
03-24-2016, 04:20 PM
same freezes at start up logo after 1.5 update

Yorkie10
03-24-2016, 10:11 PM
I opened a ticket and am waiting for a reply. Non of my AC games work now. Ubisoft should count themselves lucky they are located in Canada. If they were UK I'd be suing them under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 for providing goods not fit for purpose

alminemine2011
03-24-2016, 10:59 PM
If you reinstall, the latest patch will be downloaded and included. There's no way to avoid this unfortunately. The patch will be part of the initial download files. Unless you backed up a copy of your game files before patch 1.5 and plan to restore them.

I have a hardcopy so I should be able to avoid 1.5. (hoping anyway)

Updated : Installed again.Turned off internet.Opened Game,shut down game,back online and game boots with no patch requests.

Until 1.5 is fixed I can still play :D

Maxplumber
03-24-2016, 11:35 PM
same issue

jdluxun
03-25-2016, 05:23 PM
I tried to update the driver of NVIDIA. I can come into the game, however, it works very slow when the starting scene appears. I click the button to continue the saved game and the the game crashes in the end.

Jonaseppefien
03-26-2016, 12:30 AM
I have the same issue :(

RainChic
03-26-2016, 12:29 PM
I've got the same problem. I just bought it too, and was really looking forward to playing it, had no clue it had all these issues...

Dafunchan
03-26-2016, 12:46 PM
I've got the same problem. I just bought it too, and was really looking forward to playing it, had no clue it had all these issues...

Same here, bought it a while back wanted to play it for the first time this week and it just gets stuck at the logo. :(
Also AC Black Flag suddenly freezes at the opening screen as well, and I did not have problems with that in the past. Other AC games seem to work for me though.

jmgp
03-26-2016, 02:26 PM
I also booth de game this week and paly only two times, now brake in the logo, i have tried everything but always the same problema.

Dafunchan
03-26-2016, 04:38 PM
Same here, bought it a while back wanted to play it for the first time this week and it just gets stuck at the logo. :(
Also AC Black Flag suddenly freezes at the opening screen as well, and I did not have problems with that in the past. Other AC games seem to work for me though.

So I updated my Nvidea drivers, and now when I start the game I do get a pop-up saying the game crashed and has to be shut down (not exactly in those words because it's in Dutch, but thats basically what is says)..

xe7485
03-26-2016, 08:23 PM
I had this and what helped was to go to Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D settings, Program settings, select Syndicate and then select High performance Nvidia processor.

Not sure why that would be on integrated one ...

wailoon17
03-26-2016, 08:44 PM
I had this and what helped was to go to Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D settings, Program settings, select Syndicate and then select High performance Nvidia processor.

Fixed for me. thank you

yarpyarp
03-27-2016, 03:31 AM

Fixed my game too - I've managed to play the first part of the game.

Jonaseppefien
03-27-2016, 06:58 AM
This doesn't work for me, I still have the same issue. :(

YazX_
03-27-2016, 10:31 AM
This doesn't work for me, I still have the same issue. :(

make clean install for drivers, if you are using Nvidia, click on custom not express when installing drivers and check the box "perform clean install", if you are using AMD, download DDU and clean the display driver then install the latest drivers.

RainChic
03-27-2016, 11:17 AM
make clean install for drivers, if you are using Nvidia, click on custom not express when installing drivers and check the box "perform clean install", if you are using AMD, download DDU and clean the display driver then install the latest drivers.

I don't have nvidia or AMD or anything like that. any advice for me?

Per3s
03-27-2016, 01:01 PM
When can we expect next "cure" patch ? I tried everything and it didn't work for me :(

RainChic
03-27-2016, 01:04 PM
When can we expect next "cure" patch ? I tried everything and it didn't work for me :(

yes, that's what I would like to know because I've tried everything as well, and nothing has worked. Are we going to have to wait til next month when a new patch is released? Because that would be upsetting.

srubman
03-27-2016, 01:34 PM
Adding to the list of people who opened a support ticket and have the same issue. No background programs running. Driver and ACS both latest versions. Tried reinstalling both the driver and ACS, but same issue. No solution I can find.

dhreed411
03-27-2016, 03:52 PM
So, I just got Syndicate on PC. It sits at the splash screen for hours and never loads, when I kill it can try again, it tells me it's already running.

Disappointing....

-Dave

Jonaseppefien
03-27-2016, 07:33 PM

Now it works! Thanks a lot mate!

AMilli0NliGHTS
03-27-2016, 11:55 PM

I was lurking around the forum to find a fix for this problem, this worked for me, thank yo!

ArchonAssAssin
03-28-2016, 12:34 AM
I have the game on steam and when I try and open it from desktop, steam, and uplay I get preparing to luanch assassin's creed in a little steam pop up and it tells me its running in the steam library nest to the name but then after a few seconds it just closses and no longer tells me its running. Thats all I get no error or anything it just starts then stops after a few seconds so i dont know if im having the same problem or not but i have had no problems till after 1.5 just havenbt had a good chamce to play till today.

YazX_
03-28-2016, 10:07 AM
I don't have nvidia or AMD or anything like that. any advice for me?

are you using Intel CPU integrated graphics?

P.S: i have created a thread for troubleshooting while back, so it might help:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332347-ACS-Troubleshooting-Guide-and-Possible-Solutions

ojordi
03-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Same Issue :confused:

G2A Discount Codes (http://sharetitan.net/view/coupons/g2a-discount-codes)

vanty747
03-28-2016, 11:42 AM
I have Nvidia graphics, and after following the above advice, it now works for me

I big thanks to everyone who brainstormed this issue

Ceroraxis
03-28-2016, 11:45 AM

Worked for me!

RainChic
03-28-2016, 01:02 PM
are you using Intel CPU integrated graphics?

P.S: I have created a thread for troubleshooting while back, so it might help:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332347-ACS-Troubleshooting-Guide-and-Possible-Solutions

Yh that's what I have, I'm going to try the troubleshooting first.

RainChic
03-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Yh that's what I have, I'm going to try the troubleshooting first.

Nope, nothing worked for me.

blatchskree
03-30-2016, 12:44 PM
Is this being worked on at all?
Still no word from Ubisoft about this at all. Can the obviously flawed patch please be rolled back

TaylorBlakeH
03-30-2016, 02:13 PM
Is this being worked on at all?
Still no word from Ubisoft about this at all. Can the obviously flawed patch please be rolled back

Everyone, try this.....

1) Uninstall your existing graphics drivers completely, removing everything NVIDIA or AMD/ATI related. I'd recommend using the DDU (Display Driver Uninstall Utility) from Safe Mode, though this probably isn't required.

2) Reboot your machine if you haven't already; then install the latest driver package from your card's vendor, ensuring to perform a CLEAN installation when going through the installer. Then reboot your machine again.

3) Uninstall Uplay from your PC, but choose to leave behind game files and game saves; DON'T remove them or you'll spend lots of time waiting for things to redownload. Reboot your machine after removal.

4) Reinstall Uplay using the latest installer from Ubisoft's website. Login to Uplay and verify your game files for AC: Syndicate or any other game that won't launch.

5) Then launch your game

srubman
04-01-2016, 01:17 AM
To confirm, this doesn't work. Frustrating and I'm giving it through the weekend and then I'll be charging back the purchase.

Everyone, try this.....

1) Uninstall your existing graphics drivers completely, removing everything NVIDIA or AMD/ATI related. I'd recommend using the DDU (Display Driver Uninstall Utility) from Safe Mode, though this probably isn't required.

2) Reboot your machine if you haven't already; then install the latest driver package from your card's vendor, ensuring to perform a CLEAN installation when going through the installer. Then reboot your machine again.

3) Uninstall Uplay from your PC, but choose to leave behind game files and game saves; DON'T remove them or you'll spend lots of time waiting for things to redownload. Reboot your machine after removal.

4) Reinstall Uplay using the latest installer from Ubisoft's website. Login to Uplay and verify your game files for AC: Syndicate or any other game that won't launch.

5) Then launch your game

Staliger
04-23-2016, 04:10 PM
Same Issue. Can't play after 1.5 patch. Previous solutions didn't help. Support is useless. Waiting for a new patch...

Ubi-JollyCharly
04-28-2016, 02:02 PM
Same Issue. Can't play after 1.5 patch. Previous solutions didn't help. Support is useless. Waiting for a new patch...

Hi Staliger,

did you try to contact the support? Or the problem is that the answer they gave didn't help you?

JollyCharly

Staliger
04-28-2016, 09:59 PM
Hi Staliger,

did you try to contact the support? Or the problem is that the answer they gave didn't help you?

JollyCharly
Yes, their answers didn't help. That's why I am waiting for new graphics drivers or a new patch for the game...

Noitratoxin
05-01-2016, 02:07 AM
Hell, I've got the same problem after the 1.5 patch.

Has anyone gotten a reply from ubi?

Jessigirl2013
05-01-2016, 11:20 AM
To confirm, this doesn't work. Frustrating and I'm giving it through the weekend and then I'll be charging back the purchase.

Huh? You mean through steam?

domzique
05-04-2016, 08:44 PM

Ok,
This worked for me too.

XAndy02X
05-05-2016, 01:19 AM
Well, my issue just resolved itself. I tried the solutions in this thread and then it randomly just worked.

TheConsummator
05-28-2016, 05:46 AM
Well, my issue just resolved itself. I tried the solutions in this thread and then it randomly just worked.

Running it in compatibility mode Windows 8 fixed it

MrDarkShadowS26
05-31-2016, 02:57 AM
Reinstalled because i couldn't play, and it worked JUST FINE. Went online on Uplay for some god awful reason, and it updated to 1.5 -_-. Now it crashes at the logo. Next I ran it in compatability for windows 8. Infinite rectangle picture loading screen from Uplay. WHY IS IT THAT THE ONLY TIME I EVER HAVE TO GO TO TECH SUPPORT FOR A GAME IS FOR UBISOFT PRODUCTS?

Ubi-Banshee
06-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Reinstalled because i couldn't play, and it worked JUST FINE. Went online on Uplay for some god awful reason, and it updated to 1.5 -_-. Now it crashes at the logo. Next I ran it in compatability for windows 8. Infinite rectangle picture loading screen from Uplay. WHY IS IT THAT THE ONLY TIME I EVER HAVE TO GO TO TECH SUPPORT FOR A GAME IS FOR UBISOFT PRODUCTS?

Apologies for any difficulties you are experiencing, I completely understand why you are frustrated. If you haven't already - please do contact our support team if none of the solutions in this thread are working: https://support.ubi.com/

Ubi-Banshee
06-03-2016, 03:28 PM

Apologies for any difficulties you are experiencing, I completely understand why you are frustrated. If you haven't already - please do contact our support team if none of the solutions in this thread are working: https://support.ubi.com/