PDA

View Full Version : ACIV: Black Flag - Should I do everything on the starting island before progressing?

ThunorEse
03-21-2016, 11:10 PM
I've just started AC IV Black Flag on PS3 and I've left the starting island but at this point I don't know if I should've completed everything there before leaving. I'm guessing that I can return there but I don't know where it was!

Can somebody give me an idea of how I should continue please.

Regards.

It was Cape Bonavista and I'm certain that I can return there -- nevermind, I'll carry on playing it now :)

Locopells
03-22-2016, 10:54 AM
You can complete the island straight away, but it's not essential (although I prefer to to get all the stuff for upgrades and save having to come back) - you can also return at your leisure.

x_Vex_x
03-25-2016, 04:05 AM
You can complete the island straight away, but it's not essential (although I prefer to to get all the stuff for upgrades and save having to come back) - you can also return at your leisure.

However it is not soon after you may return, but yes, you can return later. But it's always nice to not have to go back.

Deathpharte
04-16-2016, 11:53 PM
I've hunted/fished for everything in the starting map area, roughly north of an east-west line from just south of Cape Bonavista, just south of Havana, and continuing to edge of known map. All objects and animals have been found, including a Social Chest (sounds like part of a softcore flick....) but everything to south has a de-sync wall. Once I left the starting island and found myself stymied for getting anywhere, I returned, since I was still in the neighborhood. There were still lots of wild boar to hunt, the shanty was finally achievable after figuring out its path for about 40 chases (grrrrr.....), and I finally got to figure out how to survive (and prevail) against big furry things with teeth like spears. That island seems to have so many vertical levels that it's easy to find myself heading the wrong way because I couldn't remember which pile of palm fronds wouldn't break my neck.