PDA

View Full Version : A realization about Zio

LieutenantRex
03-21-2016, 12:34 PM
As you all know, I am a very devout follower of the Buddhist faith, and so I believe in reincarnation and the caste and whatnot. My unique perspective enabled me to catch a clever little secret left by the most consistent developer the video game industry has ever known in my most recent playthrough of AC3.

When Haytham meets Connor's mother, she tells him to call her Zio for short, as her savage name is too ineloquent for our refined Englishman to pronounce. Now, some of you might realize that Zio sure sounds familiar. You feel like you've heard it before? Well that's because Zio was also a part of another famous Assassin's Creed character's name: Etzio!

Imagine my surprise as a Buddhist when I connected the dots; Zio was a reincarnation of Etzio, and thus Connor had to be related to the Italian assassin! And before you skeptics claim that this is all conjecture and that Buddhism can't exist in Assassin's Creed, remember - these games are developed by a multicultural team of various backgrounds and beliefs.

MikeFNY
03-21-2016, 01:18 PM
Or to be more creative, "zio", as in "uncle" in Italian?

Etzio's zio.

That would be Mario Auditore then.

SixKeys
03-21-2016, 01:50 PM
Illuminati confirmed.

rob.davies2014
03-21-2016, 02:42 PM
Much insight. So interpret. Wow.

Do you have any evidence to support this idea?

Also, did you just refer to a Kanien'kehá:ka name as 'savage' ? Shame on you.

ERICATHERINE
03-21-2016, 04:36 PM
Also, did you just refer to a Kanien'kehá:ka name as 'savage' ? Shame on you.

I would have said "native". I find it more polite. ^-^