PDA

View Full Version : Moving games to a new computer

magicpae
03-20-2016, 03:26 AM
I just ordered a gaming laptop. Is there anything I need to know special about moving my AC games to the new computer?

Jessigirl2013
03-20-2016, 02:51 PM
All the games are linked to your uplay account so theres no need to backup.

Locopells
03-20-2016, 07:37 PM
Yes/No. If you've a decent internet connection, you can download and reinstall everything from Uplay no problem. BACKUP YOUR SAVES FROM ACIV THOUGH!!!

Moving/copying the files yourself, and getting Uplay to recognise them is slightly more tricky though.

Jessigirl2013
03-28-2016, 03:14 PM
Yes/No. If you've a decent internet connection, you can download and reinstall everything from Uplay no problem. BACKUP YOUR SAVES FROM ACIV THOUGH!!!

Moving/copying the files yourself, and getting Uplay to recognise them is slightly more tricky though.

Oh yeah... Guess they still haven't bother to re-enable cloud save for BF...:rolleyes:

YazX_
03-29-2016, 11:11 AM
well a bit late reply but here is the process to spare the download thing if someone is looking for it in future:

Source PC:

1. Backup folder (Assuming you installed UPlay to default location):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher

2. Backup this reg key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Ubisoft

3. Backup this folder if you have ACB:

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

4. Backup this folder if you have AC1, AC2 or Revelations:

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft

5. Backup these folders if you want to keep your settings and graphics options (not recommended since hardware is different, so better to start fresh):

C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\Documents\[GAME_NAME] (i.e C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\Documents\Assassin's Creed Unity)

6. Backup your game(s) folders.

Destination PC:

1. Download UPlay from www.uplay.com and install it to the same location you had it installed on source PC.
2. Once installation is done, don't run it and copy the backup folder you took from source pc over it overwriting all files.
3. Run the registry file you took from source pc.
4. copy all folders you took from source pc EXACTLY to the location they were, this also applies on games folders, as an example, if you had a game installed on D:\Assassin's Creed Unity on source PC, you need to copy it to D:\Assassin's Creed Unity on destination PC.
5. run UPlay as admin and it should work normally like you were on source pc.