PDA

View Full Version : tactics bf109

W.Batz
03-15-2004, 09:36 PM
S! gents

Do u know how to engage efectivelly when you fly a 109? Most of the time i try to boom e zoom...but i think that is very difficult to shoot on enemy fighters, because 109s are "too hard" on high speeds, and if the enemy see u coming, all that he needs to do is a simple break. How do you, experienced pilots, fight with the 109?

Thanks!!!

W.Batz
03-15-2004, 09:36 PM
S! gents

Do u know how to engage efectivelly when you fly a 109? Most of the time i try to boom e zoom...but i think that is very difficult to shoot on enemy fighters, because 109s are "too hard" on high speeds, and if the enemy see u coming, all that he needs to do is a simple break. How do you, experienced pilots, fight with the 109?

Thanks!!!

BuzzU
03-15-2004, 11:13 PM
You have the answer. You just need to practice your gunnery. All you get are quick shots, but that's all you need with the guns on the late 109's.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buzz
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto/anderson9.jpg

pinche_bolillo
03-15-2004, 11:50 PM
try turn fighting a/c. keep it in loops and use cem and trim. you will find yourself out looping spits and ki 84 types in no time. if you do misjudge your situation have no fear, just break the K4 out of the loop and use cem to be quickly above your opponent in half a minute. I mean high enough that he is no longer a threat. 1/4 tank of fuel and the k4 climbs 6,300 fpm w the use of cem.

even when I have altitude advantage, I amost always chop my throttle and turn fight with guys as long as I know there are no other treats in the area. now I will not turn fight with the obvious, anything that turns like a I-153

[This message was edited by pinche_bolillo on Mon March 15 2004 at 11:39 PM.]

BuzzU
03-16-2004, 12:10 AM
Sounds overmodeled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buzz
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto/anderson9.jpg

Stalker58
03-16-2004, 01:55 AM
Spiral diving and spiral climbing are the keys to success in Me109 (late), high speed steep diving is very hard to achieve results, even with Mk108 you have about 0.5 sec to hit target and elevator gets stuck in cement over 600 km/h. With early me109 (F, G2/G6AS/MG151) you can dogfight if you are 1vs1 or have wingman along.Generally Me109 is great LOW speed dogfighter, but beware of La7, Yak 3 and also well flown Yak1/P39!

Altitude, speed, manoeuvre and.... CRASH!