PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Connectivity Concerns

Draco_Nightstar
03-19-2016, 08:25 PM
Please make sure your connectivity online is working when this game launches. My friends and I really want to play this game but are very hesitant after having such a terrible experience with uplay in the past. Assassins creed unity was not even playable because of the whole cloud thing that would not sync up. I ended up chucking that game and nerd raging it to the garbage can without seeing any of it. Also, Ghost recon we could never stay connected with more than two people. Uplay is the only system I've played where I've had these problems.

Dead1y-Derri
03-20-2016, 06:18 PM
Please make sure your connectivity online is working when this game launches. My friends and I really want to play this game but are very hesitant after having such a terrible experience with uplay in the past. Assassins creed unity was not even playable because of the whole cloud thing that would not sync up. I ended up chucking that game and nerd raging it to the garbage can without seeing any of it. Also, Ghost recon we could never stay connected with more than two people. Uplay is the only system I've played where I've had these problems.

Hi,

I too share the same concern. For a title such as For Honor where obviously the game will be heavily focused on MP. Its important to have a good stable connection on launch and any problems be resolved quickly. I think it is promising though considering that The Division and Rainbow Six Siege have both launched well and has only had minor connection problems from what I've read any connection problems that have existed have been worked on fast.

I suppose the good thing about For Honor is if it does have connectivity problems on launch (and I'm hoping it doesn't) then there is a campaign that people can play while the problems are being resolved. However I too want the game to have great connection and no server issues on launch.

Hopefully with the Alpha's/Betas that will come out throughout the year etc, we will hopefully not have too many problems on launch as hopefully the servers will be stress tested well and be able to cope with the day one flux of people connecting.

TidalSpiral
03-21-2016, 08:34 PM
Hi,

I too share the same concern. For a title such as For Honor where obviously the game will be heavily focused on MP. Its important to have a good stable connection on launch and any problems be resolved quickly. I think it is promising though considering that The Division and Rainbow Six Siege have both launched well and has only had minor connection problems from what I've read any connection problems that have existed have been worked on fast.

I suppose the good thing about For Honor is if it does have connectivity problems on launch (and I'm hoping it doesn't) then there is a campaign that people can play while the problems are being resolved. However I too want the game to have great connection and no server issues on launch.

Hopefully with the Alpha's/Betas that will come out throughout the year etc, we will hopefully not have too many problems on launch as hopefully the servers will be stress tested well and be able to cope with the day one flux of people connecting.

Well, being a big Siege player there have been loads of server issues, but more problems with hit detection / net code. I don't think a game of this type will share much of that but the servers are the biggest question.