PDA

View Full Version : Petition to remove Uplay as a forced option

UltimateTwot
03-19-2016, 02:14 PM
Hello Ubisoft and fellow Forum users,

I'm trying to see who would like/support the idea of removing Uplay as a forced service or have the option to use it.
Now, my main "port of call" is Steam (and occasionally Origin) and I personally have been holding off on getting any new games because they need Uplay to function. Considering Uplay's horrible track record (crashing unexpectedly, annoying ads etc. (just simple things that could be fixed easily in a patch)). I decided to just give up on playing any of the games I have been forced to use Uplay for (Assassins Creed, Watchdogs, and any of the FarCrys - those are the only reasons I ever used Uplay). Now, I'm not trying to shoot Uplay devs in the foot, but its not just me who have been having these problems - a simple Google search of "Uplay crashing unexpectedly" and "Uplay petition for termination" are endless.
Now, I personally (and I'm guessing a lot of other people) been wanting to get some new games which unfortunately guess what...Uplay is forced upon us if we want to get the title. For example, The Division is a game I was really looking forward to as a PC gamer but the instant I saw that Uplay was forced upon us, I didn't want to get it anymore - I have since been holding off getting these specific titles. For anyone who doesn't know, when you buy a game (through Steam or any other platform) it comes with a DRM to ensure that the game cannot be pirated - by standard means. It's no secret that games are definitely pirated but what I'm saying in this petition/forum is that we DON'T WANT 2 forms of DRM verification when purchasing through a platform such as Steam. Please just let us choose which DRM verifier (I'm not sure what to call it) we want to use. If you're going to sell your games on the Steam Store, use Steam's DRM verifier and scrap Uplay on the Steam Store. Use one or the other. Don't force Uplay down our throats! Either make Uplay start working or scrap it immediately. We're sick and tired of paying for games and them not working cause you guys are too lazy to read the forums and answer our technical support. There are hundreds of people in forums who have been waiting for months (myself included) for technical support to help us with Uplay. Take a hint Ubisoft. WE AS GAMERS HATE UPLAY! Fix it and make it optional when purchasing a game or get rid of it...Permanently (Ideal solution).

If people are in favor of removing Uplay, leave a comment below and why you want it removed (maybe then Ubisoft will listen to what the consumer wants)

Sincerely,
All gamers c:

jamietje
03-22-2016, 08:49 PM
I enjoy having to use Uplay for some games and I'm glad I can use Uplay instead of Steam or Origin for the few games that I do like.
Actually wish Uplay supported more games, I like to spread my games over several platforms not just stick it all on Steam.

So no you don't speak for all gamers.

MightDragon
04-20-2016, 11:20 PM
make a real petition and ill sign that thing right away. I cant even login to my ****ing game right now because it wont sync to the cloud and im suddenly reminded of why I removed Might and Magic from my computer. Its because of this bull ****.

MightDragon
04-20-2016, 11:21 PM
I enjoy having to use Uplay for some games and I'm glad I can use Uplay instead of Steam or Origin for the few games that I do like.
Actually wish Uplay supported more games, I like to spread my games over several platforms not just stick it all on Steam.

So no you don't speak for all gamers.

all gamers that arnt props. Yeah its that obvious.

RdJ1
04-30-2016, 03:45 PM
I like Uplay as well. Rarely/never have major problems with it.

Also, I understand why Ubisoft actually force Uplay. It makes it possible for them to keep track of all user progress/online interactions/etc. through one login system. They can control this system to work with their games the way they want. It's absolutely undoable to remove the layer of Uplay login in the Steam version of a game, because then you would have two separate login systems in the same game and that would lead to strange situations in online games (e.g. people with the same username).

I do agree it would be terrible to go through two clients to start a game. Which is why I just buy my Ubisoft games through the Uplay shop. This way I get all their games nicely in my Uplay client the way the game publisher intended them to. If I buy an EA game, I go to Origin and if I buy a game from a smaller publisher I go to Steam.

I don't have a problem with using multiple clients, but I don't do much more than launching games and checking my achievements or the Steam workshop with them. I can understand if you use e.g. the chat function a lot, it would be useful to have everything in the same place. But why would Ubisoft give up their system, over which they have full control?

------------------------------------

all gamers that arnt props. Yeah its that obvious.

If you don't have anything useful to say, just stay away...

Jack.1n
06-28-2016, 03:42 PM
Uplay is complete garbage with its constant adds that cannot be turned off, I wish I didn't have to use it and could just use Steam, i am definitely not buying any more games that force me to use Uplay.

GoOregonDucks2
07-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Good suggestion. Or make it changeable in the Options so it doesn't make you toggle down to Cancel and then press another key just to get on the game every time.