PDA

View Full Version : Max Speed.....OT???

ForkTailedDevil
05-01-2004, 01:31 PM
So I found a cool website called Luft'46 I was reading about some cool ideas that were on paper and I got thinking.

What was the fastest at any altitude prop fighter of WWII? What is the fastest and prop engine aircraft has gone.

On the website there was a Heinkel design that was supposed to go over 530 with a propeller it even had slightly forward-swept wings.

ForkTailedDevil
05-01-2004, 01:31 PM
So I found a cool website called Luft'46 I was reading about some cool ideas that were on paper and I got thinking.

What was the fastest at any altitude prop fighter of WWII? What is the fastest and prop engine aircraft has gone.

On the website there was a Heinkel design that was supposed to go over 530 with a propeller it even had slightly forward-swept wings.

Red_Storm
05-01-2004, 01:36 PM
The're are a number of accounts of late war FW-190 pilots breaking the soundbarrier. Two Me-262's have most likely broken the sound barrier too, all in a shallow dive. THe problem is, they were never recorded. The X-1 made the first recorded supersonic flight.

---
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/RedStorm-sig.JPG

ForkTailedDevil
05-01-2004, 01:43 PM
What about level speed?? I know that the "Jug" could get pretty close the the sound barrier while diving. I also read a long time ago that supposedly some pilot flying a F-86 Sabre broke the sound barrier in a dive before Chuck Yeager did it.