PDA

View Full Version : Speculation: Ubisoft's Arno's Birthday Surprise!?

Mr.Black24
03-18-2016, 10:18 PM
So this new info popped up that got some stir. So a fellow AC Fan on tumblr just got curious about Arno's birthday, just so the person can make a zodiac post about him, and to the fan's surprise, the Official Blog did reply, and the answer just brought more questions:

https://41.media.tumblr.com/dc416601c1b467e497acf0331817e5a0/tumblr_inline_o3s2ruzyQA1qg6fym_540.jpg

As the fan continues on in their post:

"I’m not entirely sure what they mean by “surprise”, or when exactly “some point this year” means. I can’t even begin to speculate why it’s such a big deal to keep it secret until they choose to “reveal” it~! All I wanted to know was Arno’s zodiac star sign so I could check its compatibility with mine //coughs
One of my speculations is that they’ll reveal it within the AC Movie (???) because that’s coming out end of this year … but besides that Ubisoft have not announced any other big releases this year that could hold the info to Arno’s mysterious birth date.
Would anyone have any ideas and speculations behind Arno’s birthday – like when is it exactly, or why they chose to keep it hidden?"

So going with this, its puzzling, because when you think about it, a fact on Arno's birthday is something very miniscule on the overall franchise, so why keep it a surprise? Is there something planned for him on that date? Perhaps a short movie, a novel? Comic?

Some say we are overthinking it, as these days, whenever something looks like its a big plan coming, it never does, or rather its a disappointing one. Yet this is a small tiny bit of lore compared to, lets say, the ambiguous endings of our 18th century protagonists the made people think a 4 way sequel was coming.

And I'm not also addressing this to the fans, but also to the folks here at Ubisoft who are known to read these threads, as you may know, fans already feel stretched about lore not having any conclusions.
I mean, while I believe you don't mean it, at least I hope, fans do take you're word for things, and do feel backstabbed for things that thought were coming, but never do. Hence like Loomer's interview with Richard Farrese about Connor's later life, saying that the way Connor's wife and kids leaving him sounded "tongue in cheek", like taunting Connor fans, and did advise caution about how saying such things, as Connor fans are already pissed on for just liking the guy and not hating him like all the cool kids do. I mean lets be real, we all feel dragged as it is, having all these leads that get nowhere. From the Box, to Abstergo's plans, Juno's place in the lore, consistent use of McGuffins.

So to the folks at Ubisoft: I don't know what it is, but I just hope its not a simple twitter post of his date, as that could have been done at that point.

And to my fellow fans: Thoughts on this speculation? Am I wrong? Do I need a nap?
Link to post source here: http://jacob-mydear.tumblr.com/post/140777521138/concerning-arno-dorians-birthday

ze_topazio
03-18-2016, 11:38 PM
Maybe a new databook or encyclopedia or whatever they call it.

ERICATHERINE
03-18-2016, 11:58 PM
This make me cautiously optimistic.

First, I don't think it can be learn in the "Assassin's creed collection" since there is no Arno figurine in it. Plus I'm not sure at 100%, but I think the "Assassin's creed collection" is just a bunch of figurines with nothing really important coming with it, since all these figurines are badly made.

Second about the movie, I think it's pretty clear that we won't have Arno born in the past days, but we still might ear of him in the md part of the movie, although I don't a reason for that to happen, but who knows. After all they did named every Assassins we controlled in the past in underworld (with the exception of Connor and Shao Jun), for no important reason.

Also, ubisoft already stated that there will be no new Assassin's creed game in 2016 (they didn't count acc India and Russia, obviouly). So, I think we can forget a new game with Arno this year.

There is also the possibility that they introduce Arno in the story of Galina and Charlotte de la Cruz. After all, from what I know so, far, there could be at least 2 way that could happen. First Charlotte could simply use the animus. After all, nobody ever said she can't be her descendant or that she won't use an helix at some point. The second way would be to do the same thing with Arno that ubisoft already did with Shao Jun and box.

All these fact makes me think of two other kind of project they could have which we might not know about.

First, ubisoft did tell us they won't make a new game, but they didn't said anything about books. Yes, I know, Arno is already in a book, but he was a side character in it. Plus, ubisoft could mak a book about what happenned after he killed the stinky Assassin trator. They could make a book about what have happenned to him in dead kings, after that, or maybe the 2.

There is also the possibility of a project of a video about him, which could also show what I just talk about the books.

On things for sure, I really would like to see a video or a serie of video about him joining forces with Connor, Aveline and Eseosa against Shay Patrck Cormac. ^-^

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-19-2016, 02:24 AM
I saw this on Tumblr too.

I can only hope that they tie up any loose ends this year, since they are technically "taking a break" from making any new games this year.

So not just Arno, but you know who :p

ze_topazio
03-19-2016, 03:20 AM

I can only hope that they tie up any loose ends this year, since they are technically "taking a break" from making any new games this year.

Ezio?

ERICATHERINE
03-19-2016, 03:36 AM
Ezio?

Does Ezio really have loose end? :confused:

ze_topazio
03-19-2016, 03:42 AM
You can always add more info.

ERICATHERINE
03-19-2016, 05:13 AM

I guess so, but I think there is not much else he can do. We even saw him born and die. Beside seeing him while he grow up to be how was the first time after Desmond met Shaun and Rebecca, all I can see we might have missed is how he lived between the last memery of ac revelations and the beggining of ac embers. I really doubt ubisoft will do a video about that or the "what happen between every 2 sequences" and I doubt it even more when ubisoft have so much important characters that are at least far from having been shown as much as Ezio.

Yes they could had more content about Ezio, but besides by creating another site with as much lore as what the database acinitiates.com had, I can't see how they could do that without either making the fans being desapointed or the thing feeling too much impossible. I mean after he went to Altaïr's library, he said to Sofia that once he would exit it he would quit the brotherhood and I can't think of an Ezio at the age of Pettruccio having a life exiting enough for the fans taste. I know I'm not the entire group of ac fans, but kids don't have a life as much exciting to play as Ezio had, in our case, my twin and me.

There is so much thing many fans want to see/play in the ac world. We still didn't saw Connor, Edward (aside from in forsaken), Aveline, Shay, Arno, Jacob, Evie and Lydia dying. We didn't saw an epic battle with an Assassin we controled against Shay. We still don't know what Eseosa did with Connor. Same thing with the blind woman from the Aveline dlc of black flag. We still know very little about Lydia Frye. We still don't know if Arno found out who killed his biological dad and if so how did he discover it and what did he do knowing that. We still don't know what Shay did with the box since the colonial Templar were decimated while he was gone searching for it. We still don't know what happened when Edward first meet Miko. We still don't know how some Templars in ac rogue died. We still don't know what Aveline did after the event of ac liberation hd, without counting the Aveline dlc. I'm also sure there is many more lore ubisoft could add about these characters.

Altaïr got 2 games plus some missions to conclude his story.

Edit. Altaïr got 3 games, not 2, forgot about Altaïr's chronicles. XD

Ezio got 3 games, was in ac lineage and ac ascendance and we saw the end of his life in ac embers and that's without counting the dlcs.

Connor got one game and some dlcs with the 3 longest being more than 90% in a parallel universe.

Edward got 1 game and I think that's it.

Aveline got 1 game and 1 dlc with only 3 missions.

Adewale only got a dlc and a more or less big role in rogue.

shay got only 1 game and that's it.

Haytam got a couple of missions and many video and not a single dlc.

Arno got 1 game and 1 dlc.

Evie and Jacob have only one or less than a year in a game where they aren't in every main mission each and if someone tell me Evie have 99% of the Jact the ripper dlc I won't be suprise a bit.

As of Lydia she have so little story I was actually asking myself if the ww1 story was more about Lydia than Juno. In fact if I remember correctly, yes Lydia have more missions than just the ones with the Juno apearence, but they were more (for the big majority), side missions while the Juno apearences seemed to give meaning to the Juno plot.

Not to mention that every tiny bit of lore we have about Eseosa comes from the database acintiates.com had in the "letters to the dead" entries.

So, to make it short, I think it's time we give more space to the younger ones. ^-^

Mr.Black24
03-19-2016, 05:53 AM

Wipe the slate clean, and start anew!

I wonder whats the agenda for Arno and Aveline, seeing that Cory May did state that Connor's later life isn't going to get much better. I know Shay going to get knocked off, unless they got somethin for him I didn't predict.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-19-2016, 06:15 AM

I think Steve Carell says it better when I say. NOOOOOO GOD PLEAZE NOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOO!

Wipe the slate clean, and start anew!

I wonder whats the agenda for Arno and Aveline, seeing that Cory May did state that Connor's later life isn't going to get much better. I know Shay going to get knocked off, unless they got somethin for him I didn't predict.

Well, I'm not just talking about one person.

I'm talking about pretty much ANY character that has an unfinished story/open ended or ambitious ending/incomplete stories, etc.

I-Like-Pie45
03-19-2016, 05:21 PM
the big secret is that arno died battling napoleon for the fate of france in the time-honored french tradition of baguette jousting on the world's first bicycles

pacmanate
03-19-2016, 06:04 PM
Honestly, with Ubisofts track record of surprises/connections/meanings in this franchise and being let down with every single one, do you think this is actually something that has meaning?

ERICATHERINE
03-19-2016, 06:12 PM
Honestly, with Ubisofts track record of surprises/connections/meanings in this franchise and being let down with every single one, do you think this is actually something that has meaning?

I'm cautiously optimistic. ^-^

Senningiri_GR
03-19-2016, 07:14 PM

Ratonhnhaké:ton???

ERICATHERINE
03-19-2016, 07:37 PM
Ratonhnhaké:ton???

This more than

Ezio?

^-^

GunnerGalactico
03-19-2016, 08:46 PM

All thanks to the annualization. There isn't a plot twist or angle that Ubi haven't used already that can faze us.

ze_topazio
03-19-2016, 11:12 PM
Assassin's Creed Chronicles 2 will be about the characters from the XVIII century.

ERICATHERINE
03-20-2016, 12:47 AM
Assassin's Creed Chronicles 2 will be about the characters from the XVIII century.

I hope not. I think it would be way better if it would be a real main game like for these characters we alreay played as in that century. I'm not a fan of acc. ^-^

ze_topazio
03-20-2016, 12:58 AM
I'm a fan of the Chronicles games, if only they could get more interesting storylines.

Jessigirl2013
03-20-2016, 03:09 PM
Perhaps we FINALLY get the updated encyclopaedia

This would make sense I guess, I hope it is I've been holding off on buying a copy.:cool:

Jessigirl2013
03-20-2016, 03:10 PM
I hope not. I think it would be way better if it would be a real main game like for these characters we alreay played as in that century. I'm not a fan of acc. ^-^

I agree, I see ACC was an experiment that had good reception but I'd rather the team spent more time on the main games.

Mr.Black24
03-20-2016, 11:03 PM
Perhaps we FINALLY get the updated encyclopaedia

This would make sense I guess, I hope it is I've been holding off on buying a copy.:cool:
It'd be great to have an entire section dedicated to their endings, with written documents and new concept art.

ERICATHERINE
03-20-2016, 11:09 PM
It'd be great to have an entire section dedicated to their endings, with written documents and new concept art.

Or maybe a book about ac rogue. I wonder. If ubisoft really do a book like that, will we read the story of Shay, Achilles, Liam or Haytam? ^-^

m4r-k7
03-20-2016, 11:21 PM
EscoBlades said on twitter that its not a big deal so I don't think anyone should get ahead of themselves ;)

https://twitter.com/EscoBlades/status/711276547676762112

ze_topazio
03-20-2016, 11:56 PM
EscoBlades said on twitter that its not a big deal so I don't think anyone should get ahead of themselves ;)

https://twitter.com/EscoBlades/status/711276547676762112

http://assignments.ds106.us/files/2012/12/Disappointed_Square.gif

Not really.

ERICATHERINE
03-21-2016, 12:29 AM
Well. So much for that. :-c

RVSage
03-21-2016, 08:51 AM
aaaah, will be good , to know the trivia.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2016, 11:53 PM
GDI..

Take away what little hope we have left, why don't ya o|-<

HDinHB
03-22-2016, 12:38 AM
I would have been surprised if it was anything more than a tweet: "On this day in1768, Arno Dorian was born..."

cawatrooper9
03-22-2016, 02:17 PM
"Arno's Birthday Surprise" sounds like a terrible WII U spinoff of Unity.

Mr.Black24
03-22-2016, 11:22 PM
"Arno's Birthday Surprise" sounds like a terrible WII U spinoff of Unity.
Assassin's Creed: Arno's Birthday Surprise Party Bash!

Hhhhhggghhhh, well the small part of whatever optimism I can muster is that it can possibly be a red herring to keep us unawares until bamm! But we'll see.

Yet I won't be surprised if its just "Happy Birthday" tweet either. I'm used to this anyway.

ze_topazio
03-23-2016, 12:58 AM
Arno and Connor at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-23-2016, 01:35 AM
Arno and Connor at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.

Ze, GO TO SLEEP!

ze_topazio
03-23-2016, 01:40 AM
Ze, GO TO SLEEP!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2128627_o.gif