PDA

View Full Version : Learn from Siege and Division mistakes

Krotanix
03-16-2016, 02:49 PM
I have a lot of expectations for Wildlands, but I really hope Ubi learns from the mistakes commited in R6S and The Division:

- Polish the game as much as possible before release. Wrong character positioning (you look at your teammate and he's not in the position you see him), getting stuck over the map or rendering bugs in characters for example.

- From R6S: balance is important but difficult. Please balance overpowered or underpowered things fast. Otherwise everybody will end up doing the same as clones and that's boring. If there's something wrong in the game, don't take one month to patch it and when you do it, be sure you're not introducing more bugs.

- From Division: be sure end game is a satisfying experience, the story is interesting (and complete with the game release, please don't finish the main story with DLC) and the different currencies are usefull. Also be sure there are no pointless things to do like level 30 chests dropping blue stuff or so.

It's important to have fast response with high quality updates, and to release enough content so the game doesn't become repetitive and boring before we get the DLC.

Having a good idea and a good starting point doesn't bean you will end up having a good game. I really want Wildlands to be one of that games I will remember years later and say: "man that game was great, let's see when I find another one as fun as Wildlands".

Cosmic.Tony
03-16-2016, 03:25 PM
You are never going to solve the two conundrums of gaming with current business practices and technology, those being; Content Burn Rate and End Game.

You can have 200 hrs of Content and hardcore group will still find a way to burn through it twice as fast as the best of us and then complain they ONLY had 60 hrs of content. And then complain even more if they have to pay for more content.

End Game is a flat out fools errand without better simulation and dynamism (or emergence). Progression ceilings that you may bump up against are one thing but the notion that there should be special content for Maxed Characters so they can keep playing and playing and playing is basically an MMO disease that somehow infected contained story experiences and open world games for no real reason.

SuperBiscotCOT
03-16-2016, 05:50 PM
It's not as easy as you think. I think we all want these good points but dev also want to make an awesone game :)
It's not a problem of desire or engagment from devs .. they already work like machines to make the best game possible and you can only hope, wait and see. But don't forget that they are also humans.

KillaMula
03-16-2016, 08:42 PM
This dude seems to think he's God. He speaks and it happens. ungrateful kids

UbiKeeba
03-16-2016, 08:54 PM
This dude seems to think he's God. He speaks and it happens. ungrateful kids

Please keep all conversation respectful. It's ok to disagree with someone, but please don't hurl insults. :)

http://49.media.tumblr.com/eb07c61bc0ffb33e7f33621dcc289624/tumblr_n953w3YAvB1tghzbso1_500.gif

DisavowedGR
03-17-2016, 03:58 AM
Please keep all conversation respectful. It's ok to disagree with someone, but please don't hurl insults. :)

http://49.media.tumblr.com/eb07c61bc0ffb33e7f33621dcc289624/tumblr_n953w3YAvB1tghzbso1_500.gif

Well, seems like that moderators/community managers are watching forums. I'm wondering do you ever transfer what we saying on forums to the "big heads", cuz I'm pretty sure you don't. Unfortunately we live in an era where microtransactions and dlcs are to consume us. Seriously this guy that made this post has valid points. I am owner of TC The Division gold edition owner, I played the game. I finished it but it feels like I played the half of it, and what? you gonna just throw DLCs because you have no idea what to put as an extra content? I am so disappointed from you ubisoft.

PS: No means any insult just saying a harsh truth.

Sp--pyBrown
03-17-2016, 07:34 AM
Well, seems like that moderators/community managers are watching forums. I'm wondering do you ever transfer what we saying on forums to the "big heads", cuz I'm pretty sure you don't. Unfortunately we live in an era where microtransactions and dlcs are to consume us. Seriously this guy that made this post has valid points. I am owner of TC The Division gold edition owner, I played the game. I finished it but it feels like I played the half of it, and what? you gonna just throw DLCs because you have no idea what to put as an extra content? I am so disappointed from you ubisoft.

PS: No means any insult just saying a harsh truth.

He was replying to Killamula's post. The thing with the insults.

I believe the mods do forward feedback to the dev team but how the devs take that feedback and how it affects the final product is a different thing.

Lolssi
03-17-2016, 01:36 PM
I hope end game and regular content has nothing to do with Wildlands. Nor should worrying about next cookie cutter build be issue.

DisavowedGR
03-17-2016, 02:08 PM
Keeba certainly feeds stuff to the Dev team. I have heard her do it with my own ears.

The Devs in Ubisoft care passionately about what their fans think of the games. Of course, they can't please everyone; just read this forum and you'll see polar differences in what the equally passionate fans would like to see, but they try to create the best game for most gamers in the genre and style they are targeting.

As well as acknowledging that commitment from the Dev team I think this community needs to wake up to the reality that the game development costs and complexity have gone up exponentially in the last 10 years with a knock on effect to timescales, launch issues and how the investors get a return on their investment. Going to the movies costs me 10 quid, or 5 if I rent the film, and a game costs me 50 quid. If I get more than 20 hours of entertainment from a game then I have got my money's worth, but I will get 100's of hours out of some Ubisoft games and most certainly Wildlands.

Wait, do they? Because ghost recon future soldier still has the same problem from 2012 and still nobody has fixed it

craig6928
03-17-2016, 02:10 PM
they sure need to start releasing games as offline play with a story mode rather then charging us for a full price game that you can play offline

Learn from Siege and Division mistakes online only games do no work out.

if ubi-soft is going down this road they are going to end up as worse then EA is

UbiKeeba
03-17-2016, 02:38 PM
We have confirmed you will have the ability to play offline with 3 AI.

StealthTallyFox
03-17-2016, 03:34 PM
Wait, do they? Because ghost recon future soldier still has the same problem from 2012 and still nobody has fixed it

Well, I didn't see much problem, it's challenging for most scrubs like me, but still fun as heck. a nice balance for me, I didn't really touch multiplayer so if the problem consist there, well, I dunno, but for the singleplayer, I found that much of it is bit more than okay, heck, I prefer GRFS over CoD anytime, especially the small cutscenes with "normal soldiers", like most of them doesn't even realize what have the Ghosts done and gone through, and I think the story didn't need to feel epic anyway, even the end mission's name shows that(something like "Just Another Day At Work" if I remember).

wait, nobody here liked GRFS... what a scrub I am lol

SASIncrement
03-17-2016, 04:36 PM
Krotanix - "but I really hope Ubi learns from the mistakes" hahahahhhahhaaaahhhhhaaahhhahhahhaa!;)
Good one bud.
I've been playing Ubisoft games over 10 years... so yeah thanks for the good laugh my friend.
Going back to play The Division... it's okay, lotta hype for a semi-decent game.

Alex over 'n out!

DanHibikiFanXM
03-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Pretty sure I made a semi-similar thread before about learning from the mistakes of Rainfaux Six Siege. I still feel the game was awful with its' severe lack of content for a $60 title, its' very badly implemented Terrorist Hunt, and serious connectivity issues. That said I actually really enjoy The Division as its a fresh IP with a very similar play style to the Mass Effect series. The Division does a lot of things right IMO but there is a very limited amount of crossover that could happen. The Division is an online loot based RPG, not a tactical shooter like GR is supposed to be.

The only thing I'd be worried about is that The Division more or less uses the same styled cover system as GRFS complete with the exact same animations (sprinting with a SMG for example). This cover system is REALLY clunky and it really detracts from the experience because of how easy it is to get stuck on walls and it doesn't always give you the shooting angles you want.

Sp--pyBrown
03-17-2016, 06:54 PM
This cover system is REALLY clunky and it really detracts from the experience because of how easy it is to get stuck on walls and it doesn't always give you the shooting angles you want.

This.

I hate it when an enemy flanks you, you try to aim at the enemy and the character ****ing stands up from the cover...

ES-Ulukai
03-17-2016, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry to tell you Sp--pyBrown that your "pretty sure" is wrong cause yes all feedback and mainly those writed on the 2 threads "pc & console only" are red by the devs and we "the group who were invited in Paris" still have contact with the devs by having skype sessions about different aspect of the game.

As moderator for GR French and US forum I talk about other feedback from those 2 forums during those skype sessions. Now I'm on NDA so I can't talk about what we discuss on those sessions with the devs but what I can say it's that both community "pc & console" are well represented and we talk about many things.

But please don't forget that the devs have a certain vision for the game and so not everything you ask for will be in the game !

UbiKeeba
03-17-2016, 08:13 PM
I read every post on this forum, and I forward all of the feedback to the dev team. :)

Sp--pyBrown
03-17-2016, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry to tell you Sp--pyBrown that your "pretty sure" is wrong cause yes all feedback and mainly those writed on the 2 threads "pc & console only" are red by the devs and we "the group who were invited in Paris" still have contact with the devs by having skype sessions about different aspect of the game.

As moderator for GR French and US forum I talk about other feedback from those 2 forums during those skype sessions. Now I'm on NDA so I can't talk about what we discuss on those sessions with the devs but what I can say it's that both community "pc & console" are well represented and we talk about many things.

But please don't forget that the devs have a certain vision for the game and so not everything you ask for will be in the game !

I think we are saying the same thing. The feedback is given to the devs but they still have their own vision:)

SuperBiscotCOT
03-18-2016, 10:18 AM
Yes, but you can't think for them even if you realy want to be at there seat in the studio. You can't, because they have much more skills in making games than you (and all of us here) and if it was one of us or if it was the community who take alll decisions we will have a very bad game (I think).
Also they are not fixed on one line of devlopment. With the constructive feedbacks on the forums they will ad or remove things but the fact is also that the game is in devlopment for now few years and they can't change the basic core of the game they created.

Lolssi
03-18-2016, 12:02 PM
I actually hope that the devs have their own vision just as long it isn't Ubisoft vision. Do I hope it fits with my vision, sure.
But I don't think good games have been made by asking players what they wanna play next or without people that are passionate with the project.

ES-Ulukai
03-18-2016, 01:25 PM
We give the feedback, ideas etc... and they put some in the game and others not and it's normal they have the final word on the content, it's them who make the game not us.

It's like saying a movie producer what he should put in his movie !

DisavowedGR
03-19-2016, 07:25 PM
We give the feedback, ideas etc... and they put some in the game and others not and it's normal they have the final word on the content, it's them who make the game not us.

It's like saying a movie producer what he should put in his movie !

It's really nice to see some moderators/community managers overseeing this part of the forum, but on the other hand on the other side of the forums that's called The Division, I'm literally checking every suggestion, every post on the forums and I havent seen any mod/com manager replying on keeping us intact filling us with hope that " we are giving feedback to the devs and they will look into it wait for the next maintaince in week" It just makes me feel like a fool that i paid 90 euros for an incomplete game. and unfinished story.

PS: I know this is the wrong side of the forum for this, but at least I gotta say this were mods and community managers overseeing the forums and care about their costumers

GiveMeTactical
03-20-2016, 01:54 AM
Pretty sure this exact thing will happen to this side of the forum once this game launches as this is wgat has happened to all of the other forums once the game is out and the gripes begin... nut hey, they have promised to change all of that with this game so there is that! :cool:

Krotanix
03-20-2016, 04:30 AM
I read every post on this forum, and I forward all of the feedback to the dev team. :)

Thanks!
I know devs and moderators are just one part of many when creating a videogame. Just wanted to say I never saw so many bugs and "not polishing the game" errors as I did in R6S and Division. Not blaming to anybody because I don't know who's on top of this but I'm sure Ubisoft would get more benefit if it's games were polished before release.

SuperBiscotCOT
03-20-2016, 12:03 PM
Did you played Bf4 at his launch ? A big joke compared to the launch of the division.

NightJackal1
03-20-2016, 01:46 PM
Did you played Bf4 at his launch ? A big joke compared to the launch of the division.

BF4 did eventually improve after launch and became fun. I think what's important is to understand games today are living. Devs can update/fix games and monitor them. The Division will improve.

GiveMeTactical
03-20-2016, 03:35 PM
So it begs the question... why do people keep buying games at launch? Show some spine and wait. If you do, in about a year or 2 you will see this companies launching finished games again. You have to start blaming yourself and taking responsability for your own actions at some point.

ES-Ulukai
03-20-2016, 04:37 PM
For me, the best proof showing the devs listenning to the community was when they released the video with Nourdine & Dominic answering the questions that were asked here !

Sure they didn't cover all questions because some are still WIP and can still change.

DanHibikiFanXM
03-20-2016, 06:24 PM
For me, the best proof showing the devs listenning to the community was when they released the video with Nourdine & Dominic answering the questions that were asked here !

Sure they didn't cover all questions because some are still WIP and can still change.

To be fair, Kimi and Antoine did this as well with Future Soldier and...yeah. They definitely are paying attention and listening though just as they always have, it's just more of a question now of what they do with the feedback. I'm much more optimistic now than in the past though. :)

jeannaq
03-20-2016, 07:09 PM
To be fair, Kimi and Antoine did this as well with Future Soldier and...yeah. They definitely are paying attention and listening though just as they always have, it's just more of a question now of what they do with the feedback. I'm much more optimistic now than in the past though. :)

That's the question isn't it? They have the feedback, they know what people want, but do they use it? I guess only time will tell.

ES-Ulukai
03-20-2016, 11:09 PM
Yes they do but as I said they have a certain vision for the game.

I wanted MMO Star Wars : The Old Republic to be like the MMO Star Wars Galaxies and we were many people on the forums asking for that but when SWTOR was released it wasn't like SWG !

he1nz
03-21-2016, 06:49 AM
So it begs the question... why do people keep buying games at launch? Show some spine and wait. If you do, in about a year or 2 you will see this companies launching finished games again. You have to start blaming yourself and taking responsability for your own actions at some point.

+1
It is as simple as that 👍

Teun_de_Dreun
04-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Was waiting for this game but I'm afraid I won't be buying it on release due to R6Siege and Division release. Seems Early Access is the new default release quality. Ubisoft would do well selling the new games on release with a 25% to 50% discount if R6Siege and Division release is the new Ubi standard.

Lolssi
04-21-2016, 08:02 AM
Was waiting for this game but I'm afraid I won't be buying it on release due to R6Siege and Division release. Seems Early Access is the new default release quality. Ubisoft would do well selling the new games on release with a 25% to 50% discount if R6Siege and Division release is the new Ubi standard.
Good for you! :)

Teun_de_Dreun
04-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Good for you! :)

Good for every gamer as they maybe upgrade the standard when we don't buy it on release. Then again I thought this game would be out next month (start of May) but date was wrong on the website I use so they have 5 more months to give info about the game and might turn me around, I was to quick with my post cause I misinformed myself. Still they should release a better product as Siege and Division and make sure the game can be played as intended. Glad you think it's good for me! Thanks Lolssi.

GiveMeTactical
04-23-2016, 02:53 PM
And if I remember correctly, they also did this for GRAW & Vegas so it proves nothing in my eyes... but then again, I am just a negative guy that thinks if they have done this in the past 10 years and they continue to do so with newer tittles is not because they don't care but because they are hard of hearing so it may take another 10 years .

That's the question isn't it? They have the feedback, they know what people want, but do they use it? I guess only time will tell.
They have always had it, by the truck loads but in the end, it is their vision and how they want you to play their vision the issues for the majority.

Good for every gamer as they maybe upgrade the standard when we don't buy it on release. Then again I thought this game would be out next month (start of May) but date was wrong on the website I use so they have 5 more months to give info about the game and might turn me around, I was to quick with my post cause I misinformed myself. Still they should release a better product as Siege and Division and make sure the game can be played as intended. Glad you think it's good for me! Thanks Lolssi.
Don't hold your breath and I could care less if I am seeing as the negative of the bunch just cause I don't suck on UBI's tit... if they launch Siege and the Division in the state that they did why would they change their modus operandi with Wildlands? think about it!!! what greater value does GRW has over the other tittles for UBI that they are willing to botch 2 of their 2015-16 titles but not this one?

I don't really care much about FC primal so I haven't gone to that forum but I bet if I do, I am going to find people raging about the game at launch just like in the divisiion and siege... I could be wrong though.

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, the saying goes but sometimes, when honey or vinegar does not work... if you light them on fire, the problems goes away for sure!

BS__Paladin
04-29-2016, 11:10 PM
I was really looking forward to the division but on release found the game to have a poor story, no immersion, average shooting mechanics and a bland world. Got to level 5 or 6 and thought this game doesn't deserve 1 more minute of my time. For me, it was a huge disappointment. My excitement for Wildlands has dropped from 100% to 50%.

As a huge Ghost Recon fan I hope Wildlands doesn't suffer a similar fate. I wont offer any suggestions or feedback as :

1. There is nothing concrete to feedback on
2. There are a million ideas already out there.
3. Game design and mechanics should be 90% locked by now
4. Feedback got us nowhere with Future Soldier ( apologies if you liked that game but as an old GR fan it felt like an insult to the loyal community ).

Looking forward to seeing the finished article, particularly how the end game plays out, the structure of PvP and the level of mechanical and aesthetical customisation.

Sp--pyBrown
04-30-2016, 06:48 AM
I was really looking forward to the division but on release found the game to have a poor story, no immersion, average shooting mechanics and a bland world. Got to level 5 or 6 and thought this game doesn't deserve 1 more minute of my time. For me, it was a huge disappointment. My excitement for Wildlands has dropped from 100% to 50%.

As a huge Ghost Recon fan I hope Wildlands doesn't suffer a similar fate. I wont offer any suggestions or feedback as :

1. There is nothing concrete to feedback on
2. There are a million ideas already out there.
3. Game design and mechanics should be 90% locked by now
4. Feedback got us nowhere with Future Soldier ( apologies if you liked that game but as an old GR fan it felt like an insult to the loyal community ).

Looking forward to seeing the finished article, particularly how the end game plays out, the structure of PvP and the level of mechanical and aesthetical customisation.

5/5 post. Not what people want to hear but this is definitely the truth.

GiveMeTactical
04-30-2016, 05:53 PM
Great to see some of the old school members and +1 on what Paladin said (politically Correct of course)... I can't manage to do the same lol

My main problem is believing UBI wigs have given these Devs free reign and alloted time to make a great product while not caring what happens or how other titles are launched or if even finished

Sp--pyBrown
04-30-2016, 06:36 PM
My main problem is believing UBI wigs have given these Devs free reign and alloted time to make a great product while not caring what happens or how other titles are launched or if even finished

^This.

I think I'll just wait until E3/the next trailer/gameplay. It's pointless to argue at this point.

BS__Paladin
04-30-2016, 08:05 PM
They understand the Ghost Recon brand and are sympathetic to its ethos. Future Soldier was recognised for what it was and we discussed more about staying faithful to the franchise with the senior guys than we did anything about particular gameplay mechanics. That was the most important thing for me. Ghost Recon was born an Open World game before the technology to create it really existed so the original came out as lots of little mini open worlds strung together with a mission narrative. They added some cool near future gadgets for a little extra interest but created a classic from that simple open world militaristic premise. Then they lost their way as the narrative became rails and the gadgets became the purpose and we ended up with Future Soldier. I came away with the distinct impression that the Wildlands episode of Ghost Recon practically created itself once the team realised they had to go back to its very roots

I really hope this happens because it captures GR's core.

I hope the team has looked at MGS5 because that game has a huge amount of excellent transferable and adaptable concepts.

The_B0G_
05-04-2016, 02:33 PM
It's really nice to see some moderators/community managers overseeing this part of the forum, but on the other hand on the other side of the forums that's called The Division, I'm literally checking every suggestion, every post on the forums and I havent seen any mod/com manager replying on keeping us intact filling us with hope that " we are giving feedback to the devs and they will look into it wait for the next maintaince in week" It just makes me feel like a fool that i paid 90 euros for an incomplete game. and unfinished story.

PS: I know this is the wrong side of the forum for this, but at least I gotta say this were mods and community managers overseeing the forums and care about their costumers

I'm on The Division forums a lot myself and I think most of the reason the moderators there don't say much is because they are in constant damage control and any time they do comment people tear them apart.