PDA

View Full Version : A few Questions... help :)

r0bman
02-17-2004, 10:10 PM
ok... here's a really stupid rant / question... I only hope someone takes a little pity on me and answers my questions:

(1) How do I load the pacific map in LAN mp? I've seen posts about the console, but I don't know anything about this at all?

(2) My roommate, who got FB yesterday, routinely smacks me out of the sky when we're both flying yak 3's. I've been playing the game for months, and I've never had a problem outflying AI... i mean, this kid's a moron when it comes to flying, and I have a license... what gives? Anyone have some basic, simple, low altitude dogfighting tutorials for me? My pride is so going down in flames...

Thanks in advance to anyone bored enough to pity me

r0bman
02-17-2004, 10:10 PM
ok... here's a really stupid rant / question... I only hope someone takes a little pity on me and answers my questions:

(1) How do I load the pacific map in LAN mp? I've seen posts about the console, but I don't know anything about this at all?

(2) My roommate, who got FB yesterday, routinely smacks me out of the sky when we're both flying yak 3's. I've been playing the game for months, and I've never had a problem outflying AI... i mean, this kid's a moron when it comes to flying, and I have a license... what gives? Anyone have some basic, simple, low altitude dogfighting tutorials for me? My pride is so going down in flames...

Thanks in advance to anyone bored enough to pity me

02-17-2004, 11:14 PM
(1) Create a mission that uses the pacific map using the FMB. Then, choose that map when you load a map to host.

(2) Your roommate is probably more agressive and has a natural gut feel for deflection shooting. You know... hand-eye coordination. You do have one HUGE advantage in that you're already a pilot, so use that advantage! Your first priority is to fly better than him so he never gets a shot. As a distant second priority, work on your deflection shooting. You guys can probably both teach each other a lot by flying together http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also, don't fly the sim like it's some crusty old Cessna from the flying club. You're flying a high performance military aircraft. Wring every drop of performance out of it! Even the most experienced of bus drivers do not always transition well into racecar drivers. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif