PDA

View Full Version : Roles, Class switching, Meta

WYRDB0Y
03-16-2016, 11:36 AM
So playing Overwatch a lot recently, I've been wondering what roles each class will hold and whether they have so much impact on countering each other that we have to choose our team composition wisely. Also do we see the other team's choices so we can counter-pick classes at the beginning and does the game allow class switching mid-game or are we locked into the particular class we chose at the start? What are your thoughts on this matter, what kind of game will or should For Honor be?

premiumart
03-16-2016, 06:13 PM
I dont think that classes will be as different as in overwatch since there is the art of battle system that makes every hero fight "similar" at the very least.

Class picking mid match and countering classes will probably not be necessary. Though there will probably be heroes witch shields etc. the difference might not be as big because of the art of battle system. They probably focus on 1v1 and then test if 2v1 etc. is working as intended and so on.

I think you should choose the hero that fits your playstyle best and that is probably how the devs create the game you should be able to play the one hero you like only if you want.

WYRDB0Y
03-16-2016, 06:39 PM
I dont think that classes will be as different as in overwatch since there is the art of battle system that makes every hero fight "similar" at the very least.

Class picking mid match and countering classes will probably not be necessary. Though there will probably be heroes witch shields etc. the difference might not be as big because of the art of battle system. They probably focus on 1v1 and then test if 2v1 etc. is working as intended and so on.

Indeed the Art of Battle will be the central connection between all the classes, which makes you think they will have to have a somewhat similar moveset. But what if you can't take on the polearm guy because of his reach, maybe flank him in 2v1 to take out, or what if they make a defender class with good blocking or large healthpool? I'd be interested in knowing how different classes affect gameplay other than visually. It must be hard to come up with 12 or so classes that play differently from each other.

premiumart
03-17-2016, 05:23 PM
Indeed the Art of Battle will be the central connection between all the classes, which makes you think they will have to have a somewhat similar moveset. But what if you can't take on the polearm guy because of his reach, maybe flank him in 2v1 to take out, or what if they make a defender class with good blocking or large healthpool? I'd be interested in knowing how different classes affect gameplay other than visually. It must be hard to come up with 12 or so classes that play differently from each other.

I also think that each hero will probably use the art of battle system a little differently but it is probably on purpose that the art of battle system is the base for all heroes. If we look at the warden and the oni we see very little diffrence at first glance (regarding the art of battle system ) BUT some attacks are different and dodging and guard breaking also.

Also having a character you HAVE TO take on 2v1 would miss the point of the art of battle system in my opinion and a tank hero with hight hit points AND easier blocking seems to be a a game desing dilemma.