PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for doing DX11 the proper way.

MISFITSWITCH
03-16-2016, 10:27 AM
This game runs great on my system. It uses all my Vram. It shows up as 8gb. Just had to stop in and say thank you.

SLI970
I7 4.2ghz
16gig ram
SSD

TaylorBlakeH
03-16-2016, 02:27 PM
This game runs great on my system. It uses all my Vram. It shows up as 8gb. Just had to stop in and say thank you.

SLI970
I7 4.2ghz
16gig ram
SSD

What are you talking about??

This game does NOT support DX12. The fact that they display double your VRAM in SLI setups indicates that they have improperly accounted for VRAM distribution in SLI, not that they have implemented DX12 where VRAM. You have 4 GB of VRAM available for usage, no more. Syndicate is just doubling what you're actually using to show it reflecting across both of your cards.

I had 2 x 970's in SLI for this title too until recently, I replaced them with a 980 Ti. The 970's could not play this title at 1440p; the VRAM would cap at 4 GB and things would start stalling. In fact, it took Ubisoft more than three months to get SLI working at all; I guess you stated playing this game at just the right time because gratitude is the last thing I'd have toward Ubisoft and their SLI implementation in this game, even though it was FINALLY fixed.

GTA V does the same thing; it shows double your VRAM if you have multiple GPU's, but the RAM is not stacking. Trust me, Ubisoft is not this benevolent! Save your gratitude for the first actual big DX12 title that properly uses DX12's multi-adapter. Run any monitoring tool and you'll see that "D#D11" is reporting your frame rate, meaning a DX11 title is running and you'll see your VRAM as 4 GB, not 8 GB. And where Syndicate says you are using 7 GB of VRAM in the menu, you'll see you're actually using 3.5 GB.

Jessigirl2013
03-16-2016, 09:43 PM
Yeah... Syndicate doesn't have DX12 support.:confused:

YazX_
03-17-2016, 03:16 AM
Title is misleading since the game doesn't support DX12 and its built on DX11, changed it.

MISFITSWITCH
03-17-2016, 08:43 AM
Well i maxed out everything at 2560x1080 and was pulling around 80FPS. Also it said i had 8gb of ram. Guess the game just runs great then if it does not have DX12 support.

TaylorBlakeH
03-17-2016, 01:43 PM
Well i maxed out everything at 2560x1080 and was pulling around 80FPS. Also it said i had 8gb of ram. Guess the game just runs great then if it does not have DX12 support.

How did you max everything out at that resolution? I'm running at 2560 x 1440 and was just recently using the same cards as you, 2 x 970's but just replaced them with a 980 Ti. If I use FXAA and High Shadows, everything else maxed out, I'm getting between 55 and 73 FPS.

If I enable PCSS and MSAA 2x (not even mentioning PCSS Ultra!!) then I drop to between 46 and 68 FPS. Using PCSS Ultra will put you in the 30's no matter WHAT card you're running unless you have two 980 Ti's or more.

How are you getting that frame rate maxed out? Your resolution isn't QUITE as high as mine in height, so I'm sure that accounts for some of the extra performance you're getting but that still seems high if your average is 80.

And again, some games with built-in VRAM meters improperly account for multiple GPU's and they show the memory for both cards combined, even though the memory is still being shared. You have 8 GB of VRAM total I guess, sure, but every piece of data going into that VRAM on your main card is duplicated/copied to the other card so you're only getting half of that effective capacity.

Jessigirl2013
03-17-2016, 02:02 PM
How did you max everything out at that resolution? I'm running at 2560 x 1440 and was just recently using the same cards as you, 2 x 970's but just replaced them with a 980 Ti. If I use FXAA and High Shadows, everything else maxed out, I'm getting between 55 and 73 FPS.

If I enable PCSS and MSAA 2x (not even mentioning PCSS Ultra!!) then I drop to between 46 and 68 FPS. Using PCSS Ultra will put you in the 30's no matter WHAT card you're running unless you have two 980 Ti's or more.

How are you getting that frame rate maxed out? Your resolution isn't QUITE as high as mine in height, so I'm sure that accounts for some of the extra performance you're getting but that still seems high if your average is 80.

And again, some games with built-in VRAM meters improperly account for multiple GPU's and they show the memory for both cards combined, even though the memory is still being shared. You have 8 GB of VRAM total I guess, sure, but every piece of data going into that VRAM on your main card is duplicated/copied to the other card so you're only getting half of that effective capacity.

I agree it doesn't really add up, also OP as thair7391 pointed out in the last post just because it says you have 8gb of vram you in fact have only 3.5gb.
Surely your maxing out your vram usage ... how is it holding 80FPS?

TaylorBlakeH
03-17-2016, 03:35 PM
I agree it doesn't really add up, also OP as thair7391 pointed out in the last post just because it says you have 8gb of vram you in fact have only 3.5gb.
Surely your maxing out your vram usage ... how is it holding 80FPS?

At 1080p you won't max out 4 GB of VRAM in this game. You'll hit about 3.5 if you're using rendered anti-aliasing. He does have 4 Gb though, not 3.5 Nothing keeps games from addressing that last half GB of VRAM! It's just a much slower segment of memory. But it is a full 4 GB nonetheless. But despite the fact he's not out of VRAm, I don't see how 2 x 970's are keeping him at 80- if that's his average, If that's his max frame rate I can believe it, but not way it's average "maxed out" as he says.The numbers I listed above that I got with my 970's were with a HEAVY overclock so I'm curious.