PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Character Cannot Move - Stuck with Emote Wheel

Swirl N Sniff
03-15-2016, 03:38 AM
I was running out of a safe house when my emote wheel popped on screen. I cannot access any of the emotes. I can bring up the inventory screen but when i pull up the map screen it goes haywire and starts highlighting all different points on the map at high speed. I am unable to click to fast travel. I tried logging out and back in but as soon as I do the emote wheel is on my screen and I am frozen. I tried switching controllers and new controller did same thing. I was able to create a new character and started the tutorial with no issue. When I logged back in on my main, emote wheel was back on screen as soon as I logged in. So basically cannot play the game on my main character. Any ideas for a fix?

teflon skull
03-15-2016, 11:15 AM
I was running out of a safe house when my emote wheel popped on screen. I cannot access any of the emotes. I can bring up the inventory screen but when i pull up the map screen it goes haywire and starts highlighting all different points on the map at high speed. I am unable to click to fast travel. I tried logging out and back in but as soon as I do the emote wheel is on my screen and I am frozen. I tried switching controllers and new controller did same thing. I was able to create a new character and started the tutorial with no issue. When I logged back in on my main, emote wheel was back on screen as soon as I logged in. So basically cannot play the game on my main character. Any ideas for a fix?

Yep. Was reported in Beta, but hard to replicate. Killing the game/restarting the game cleared it for me in both Beta and Live.

Had it happen to me again today. Same thing. Stuck with emote wheel up. Can't move or do anything. Died to the mobs attacking me. Re-spawned and still stuck with emote wheel up. Logged out and back in. Still stuck with emote wheel up. Kill game. Cleared. Game acts normal. Odd thing is, when it happened, I was not using the emote wheel. No finger was near the directional pad to even activate it. I was in cover, leaning out, and scoped in shooting at NPCs. It just popped up out of nowhere without emote wheel interaction.

teflon skull
03-16-2016, 08:39 AM
Today I had another similar incident. I was fighting some elites in the DZ. I had earlier swapped to pulse while vendor shopping and forgot to swap back. Others were there fighting too. I took cover in a spot away from the mobs and tried to swap skills. My player stood up, but I figured I could still swap without dying. I ended up taking some fire, but I swapped and exited the menu. After exiting the menu, I was frozen just like the emote wheel freeze. Couldn't do anything. Instead of messing with all the steps again, I just killed the game and logged back in to clear it. It was just like the emote wheel freeze, but the emote wheel was not out this time.

best2005 IrL
03-16-2016, 01:33 PM
Happened to me yesterday, doing the consulate mission. I just keep trying different buttons and it unlocked itself. It was annoying though.

TheLostSkeleton
03-16-2016, 11:34 PM
Happened to me twice in under a minute in the DZ just now, during a boss fight. It...didn't end well for me. :( Is there any workaround?

Emperor Carrion
06-14-2016, 01:39 PM
This is still an issue, so frustrated at this game.... they need to fix their ****.

Natchai_Ubisoft
06-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Can you please report it to our support? http://support.ubi.com

Force58
06-15-2016, 03:17 PM

Happened to me during the Comm Relay mission, right at the end. I was able to button push my way out of it within 20 seconds though, but highly annoying. This is the 2nd time in a week that's its happened.

Natchai_Ubisoft
06-17-2016, 11:33 AM
Hey everyone

Our team needs more info to reproduce this issue. Can you please let us know what the steps are for you to have this happen? A video showing this happen would be the most helpful, but any information would be useful

I DarthOnaga I
06-17-2016, 04:19 PM
Hey everyone

Our team needs more info to reproduce this issue. Can you please let us know what the steps are for you to have this happen? A video showing this happen would be the most helpful, but any information would be useful

With all do respect, play your game and you will see. There is no replicating the issue. It happens at random for no reasons or no patterns. Why do you need a video? Does the description "the emote wheel randomly opens and doesn't close" not give you enough information?