PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Announces Cross-Platform Play!

Willaguy2010
03-14-2016, 06:30 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-just-unleashed-a-huge-bomb-open-cross-platform-play-348579.phtml

So excited for this to finally happen! Microsoft will allow cross platform play, but ultimately it is up to the developers and publishers to decide to support this as well. Will For Honor support Cross-Platform play? I believe that For Honor will not carry an advantage to PC players with the Art-of-Battle system in place, maybe a faster frame rate but overall I think it'll be balanced.

Edit: Rocket League will be one of the first games to support this with Xbox and PC players being able to play together! All we need is Sony!

TidalSpiral
03-16-2016, 02:27 AM
This would be a great opportunity to not only have such an original game but also be one of the first to embrace multi-platform interplay. Please do consider this in For Honor, I want to see this game trounce every other title this year.

Dead1y-Derri
03-17-2016, 01:26 AM
It would be interesting but I guess there is a lot of variables to consider. However I think this would be very exciting. I think though, its not up to developers as such, of course they have to provide the service but for example Sony would have to agree as well if they were to do XB1 and PS4.

MisterWillow
03-17-2016, 03:14 AM
It would be interesting but I guess there is a lot of variables to consider. However I think this would be very exciting. I think though, its not up to developers as such, of course they have to provide the service but for example Sony would have to agree as well if they were to do XB1 and PS4.

Oh my gods, I would literally give a long, loud shout of joy if that happened.

I've been wanting this forever, and while PS4 and PC has had some cross-platform play (Rocket League, Street Fighter V), the best would be if everyone just swallowed their pride and allowed everyone to play with everyone else. For the size of the player-base alone I want it to happen, and as Willaguy pointed out, there isn't usual argument of 'PC will crush console players because M&K' (though the framerate issue could pose a problem).

Make it happen, guys!

Willaguy2010
03-17-2016, 03:38 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-responds-to-microsofts-invite-to-connect-xbox/1100-6435688/

Sony in that article says that they're open to cross-platform, but didn't directly answer microsoft's invitation.

MisterWillow
03-18-2016, 02:09 AM
Sony in that article says that they're open to cross-platform, but didn't directly answer microsoft's invitation.

My fingers are breaking for being crossed so hard...

UbiBooma
03-18-2016, 08:59 PM
My fingers are breaking for being crossed so hard...

Ironic, you won't be able to play if your fingers are broken...

Dark-M-C-5
03-18-2016, 09:38 PM
I support console cross play, but PC players will have too big an advantage over console players , & there are way more hackers on PC. But a game like this might not be too bad, depends on how well the controller layout is really.

MisterWillow
03-19-2016, 05:15 AM
Ironic, you won't be able to play if your fingers are broken...

They'll have to be severed to keep me from playing this...

I support console cross play, but PC players will have too big an advantage over console players , & there are way more hackers on PC. But a game like this might not be too bad, depends on how well the controller layout is really.

The only conceivable advantage PC players could have is a higher framerate, which could be mitigated by locking it (at 60, if at all), simply because the controls aren't precision-based in the same way shooters are.

It's kind-of the same as Rocket League, even though that requires arguably more precision (and timing, and anticipation/prediction) than shooters do (which tend to be more about being precise quickly), and as far as I know, PC and console players have general parity with one another when playing against each other.

Dead1y-Derri
03-20-2016, 06:20 PM
They'll have to be severed to keep me from playing this...

The only conceivable advantage PC players could have is a higher framerate, which could be mitigated by locking it (at 60, if at all), simply because the controls aren't precision-based in the same way shooters are.

It's kind-of the same as Rocket League, even though that requires arguably more precision (and timing, and anticipation/prediction) than shooters do (which tend to be more about being precise quickly), and as far as I know, PC and console players have general parity with one another when playing against each other.

I agree but I suppose the problem will be if one platform can contain a steady 60FPS while one maybe drops significantly which could cause matches to be somewhat problematic considering the flighting style of the game.

MisterWillow
03-21-2016, 01:05 AM
I agree but I suppose the problem will be if one platform can contain a steady 60FPS while one maybe drops significantly which could cause matches to be somewhat problematic considering the flighting style of the game.

I understand. That's why I said lock it, not cap it.

To be honest, I only put 60 because it's what most people on teh interwebz regard as bare minimum. Personally, I don't mind playing a game at 30, but I know that will piss people off. If they could get it close to 60 (say 45 or 50) and lock it at that to ensure parity, then I'd take that too, but people will still complain, so...