PDA

View Full Version : menus ,Pacific Fighters, 1942 PAW,.....

FI_Macca44
08-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Does anyone remember 1942 Pacific Air War?In Il2 FB/AEP I really miss the colorful menus with all sorts of small details that gave the feeling of beeing there in the 1940shttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifThe blackboard with list of pilots, mission description etc.Or the Secret Weapons Of the Luftwaffe- pilots joolding maps,etc can't remember exactly.Few days ago I played B17 th Mighty Eight - the squadd camp.There are lovely menus with all sorts of things - the commander's office, planes and other stuff.....I'd love to see it in PF,just like it was done ion EAW....and the 1942 PAW style camp....

FI_Macca44
08-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Does anyone remember 1942 Pacific Air War?In Il2 FB/AEP I really miss the colorful menus with all sorts of small details that gave the feeling of beeing there in the 1940shttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifThe blackboard with list of pilots, mission description etc.Or the Secret Weapons Of the Luftwaffe- pilots joolding maps,etc can't remember exactly.Few days ago I played B17 th Mighty Eight - the squadd camp.There are lovely menus with all sorts of things - the commander's office, planes and other stuff.....I'd love to see it in PF,just like it was done ion EAW....and the 1942 PAW style camp....

Fliger747
08-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Both PAW 1942 and TF 1942 were excellent simulation/strategy/tactics games. In some ways they have not been equaled since. One of the "fun" features was the ability to skip around amongst the planes in a squadron, giving for example more than one shot at dive bombing that "carrier". The ability to replay some historic battles at both the admiral and fighter/bomber level was quite interesting.

FI_Macca44
08-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Yep...and the same thing with te Rowan's Battle Of Britain-it has great camp system.....

AA_Trouble4u
08-03-2004, 10:04 PM
PAW will always be my favorite sim, Too bad there's no way to get it run properly on anything more than 486.

MK2aw
08-03-2004, 10:55 PM
PAW was cool but the canned missions killed it.

I always played with the "If I die I start over" mentality. That lent itself to Aces of the pacific. You could start anywhwere anytime over and over.

PAW was linear...cool, but linear. I will always remember it as " the manual" I took on my Jamaican vacation!

MK2aw