PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Crashing on Matchmaking

TuggyTug
03-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Hi,

I am trying to play The Division on PS4 but it keeps crashing every time I try to join a group.

This can be via Matchmaking or even just going up to a player and inviting them to a group.

The game instantly crashes before I can join the group or a group can be formed and I go to the PS4 error reporting screen.

The error code is CE-34878-0.

I have tried reinstalling the game and redownloading the patch but it seems to be worse, if anything. Beforehand there were a few occasions where I could join a team, usually when others were joining my group. Not anymore!

This is getting quite frustrating, considering this is a multiplayer game and I can't actually play with anyone else...

spice-boy09
03-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Hi,

I have the exact same problem here as well....have you had any joy fixing the issue or does it still crash?

Thanks

spice-boy09
03-13-2016, 01:09 PM
This appears to be a pretty common error...so far i have done a database rebuild, reinstalled the ps4 to default settings, removed and restored system software but i still get the same error as soon as i try to join matchmaking. I can play on my own for hours but whenever i try to join matchmaking it crashes

spice-boy09
03-14-2016, 09:31 PM
Hi,

I think i fixed my error...mine kept crashing when trying to joion matchmaking because my privacy settings where on friends only. Before you join matchmaking, press select and go to Group Management in the game and switch it to open group...then try matchamking and see if you get the error. I randomly did it and now i dont get the error. Only thinkg is my game defaults to private settings everytime i log into the game...

Let me know if this works

Thanks

SublimeCala13er
03-17-2016, 12:46 PM
Hi,

I think i fixed my error...mine kept crashing when trying to joion matchmaking because my privacy settings where on friends only. Before you join matchmaking, press select and go to Group Management in the game and switch it to open group...then try matchamking and see if you get the error. I randomly did it and now i dont get the error. Only thinkg is my game defaults to private settings everytime i log into the game...

Let me know if this works

Thanks

Not for me, game crashes when I chance the privacy settings.

dannier1991
03-18-2016, 01:25 PM
I am having the exact same problem. The game crashes everytime I try to join a group. And it also crashed when I tried to change the privacy settings to open group.

Jeremy DEagle
03-19-2016, 09:05 AM
I am having the exact same problem. The game crashes everytime I try to join a group. And it also crashed when I tried to change the privacy settings to open group.

Same problem here... I managed to get into a group twice in 9 hours.

darrenk80
03-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Any news on a fix for this? Spent an hour yesterday trying to join the daily mission because every time I tried to join a group it crashes.

sand_1990
03-29-2016, 12:10 PM
same here. only the weird thing is that it just happened AFTER the daily maintenance just now

I joined 1 matchmaking, played for almost 2 hours, and then just POOF the error code kicked in.

WTFFFFFFFF.....

Wennstrom85
03-29-2016, 01:56 PM
I had the same problem last night tried to join in a group for about 4-5 times, 6 time it worked but its wrry anoying and time demanding to restart the game several times to try to group up....

Natchai_Ubisoft
03-29-2016, 02:32 PM
The error you're getting is a Sony error, can you please try finding their FAQ and following their recommended steps to see if that fixes it?

Fuerzkelper
04-03-2016, 05:12 AM
Hi
Got the same problem. it took me 10+ times to get in a group. When we where finished and the group dismantled it chrashed again :mad:

Rossjhall
04-28-2016, 02:45 PM
The error you're getting is a Sony error, can you please try finding their FAQ and following their recommended steps to see if that fixes it?

The error code is a sony error code but it is just a general application crash error code. It must be the game that is causing it to crash as this only happens when attempting to matchmake, the rest of the game has been running fine as of late (after the mike code popping up when I fist started playing the Division). Plus all other games have worked fine whilst playing online multiplayer on my PS4.

Is there any news on if this is going to be fixed soon? Not being able to use matchmaking is quite a drag as this is what The Division was majorly marketed towards.

mdDurial
04-29-2016, 09:15 PM
Being pointed to the same useless faq posts for reinitialisation 'fixing' this ps4 error code by ubi representatives be it on here or Twitter is getting extremely frustrating.

It's quite clearly an issue with the games matchmaking in some form as I can replicate the error on multiple ps4's under the exact conditions of either using right stick to join a group via matchmaking or trying to change group settings from private to public.

I can play single player all day long without any issues so I'm sorry but it's not a random application error...

Once in a blue moon you will get lucky and join or manage to switch settings but I'm talking about a 1 in 15 chance at least but after sitting through the tedious start up loading screens that many times why even bother?

I've bought a product and it's not working as advertised. Being palmed off and then not even acknowledging the issue might be your own is dissapointing as I love this game but damn you make it so hard to want to keep playing.

Rossjhall
06-15-2016, 01:11 PM
Hi All,

I posted about this earlier in the thread after having this issue for a while, as it turns out I have now set my modem to DMZ and plug straight in to my PS4 rather than using wifi. The game hasn't crashed a single time in the last 2 weeks after doing this. Seems like a relatively simple fix but I didn't know anything about port openings, etc until I did some research.

Hope this helps anyone experiencing this problem!

ibtipsy
06-15-2016, 01:54 PM
I had same issue.
A workaround which works for me was;
I created a second character and went through the intro stuff and gun tutorial. I then changed the privacy to private and log out of this character. Now I select the original character and it all works fine.
I have to select the alternative character 1st every time I start the game but it's a small price to pay as Ubi don't want to acknowledge the issue.

L8rs