PDA

View Full Version : Out of the sun

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Is this correctly modelled in FB?
Is there an advantage to bouncing bombers with the sun behind you?

Yours
BG

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 12:06 PM
Is this correctly modelled in FB?
Is there an advantage to bouncing bombers with the sun behind you?

Yours
BG

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 12:16 PM
That blinding effect can hardly be simulated, I mean you get real pain in your eyes staring into bright sunshine, but on the computer monitor sun is as just bright as a text document so never modelled properly, and it makes a difference only to flyers using their sight, ie Humans, not AI

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 12:26 PM
Bad Gerbil;
Welcome.
Correctly modelled? There is a sun and it appears to be correctly modelled. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I'm not sure what your question is.

Seriously though, there is always an advantage to coming out of the sun as your opponent has a great deal of difficuly seeing you. I suppose then what you're asking is...'Is the AI blinded by the sun?'... and my answer is...'I don't kow.' I would suspect not as the AI seems to have a sixth sense about your presense. For instance, when approaching solo veteren and ace AI, Iv'e had them begin evasive manouvers when I come from low and behind where they could not possibly have seen me.

Of course you gain the advantge of coming out of the sun by not having the sun in your eyes. This is correctly modelled.

<center> Beebop-ProudBirds-VFW

http://www.escadrila54.com/logo_sm.jpg

<center> The ProudBirds ... Flying High and Proud

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Yeah you never realise how bad the sun is until your flying R/C airplanes. Not only does it hurt when you fly through it you can't see the aircraft, and lose your ability to focus even for moments after you stop looking at the sun.

Which is why in R/C we have spotters who don't look at the sun, and their job is to yell "Pull UP!" before your 1/9th scale Stuka barrels into terra firma. I swear I liked to have messed my pants because of that.

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 01:11 PM
The only reason I asked, was because the AI seems to know where you are in cloud - therefore I assume he can see you coming out of the sun

BG

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 03:11 PM
I believe that is a correct assumption, Gerbil.

The AI "know" all kinds of things because they get their info from the game itself.

Kind of a shame...but then, you can use the sun on your human opponents quite nicely.

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 03:38 PM
delta_9_tetra wrote:
- That blinding effect can hardly be simulated, I mean
- you get real pain in your eyes staring into bright
- sunshine, but on the computer monitor sun is as just
- bright as a text document so never modelled
- properly, and it makes a difference only to flyers
- using their sight, ie Humans, not AI
-
-

Try a TFT Monitor... then you will feel the pain... nightmissions with searchlight- thats real painfull lol

JG53 PikAs Abbuzze
I./Gruppe

http://www.jg53-pikas.de/
http://mitglied.lycos.de/p123/Ani_pikasbanner_langsam.gif