PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Difficulties with in-game voice chat on PS4 [HELP]

niaall91
03-10-2016, 12:53 PM
I've been playing The Division mostly using PS4s party chat.

However when we try to switch to the in-game group chat or proximity chat it barely works. You can hear occasional sentences but nothing more beyond that.
I've tried messing with the voice settings so that my gain is up high and sensitivity low but still to no avail.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any similar issues or knows of any work-arounds. I'd love to be able to use proximity chat in the Dark Zone and to hear what other players are saying but so far I'm confined to using party chat.

Cheers for the help agents.

I_D_Reyz
03-10-2016, 01:12 PM
I have also had issues with ingame chat since Closed Beta. The group chat works flawlessly outside of the Dark Zone, but the moment i leave the checkpoint i get around 10 seconds before the group/proximity chat stops functioning. I receive audio from my team mates around every 5 seconds, for a duration of about 0.5 seconds. I have yet to hear another player who is not in my group inside the Dark Zone.

Was wondering if perhaps this is to do with the headset i am using - currently using Bose earphones (although i fail to see why my choice of microphone would affect just Darkzone chat and not all chat in The Division).

My guess is that this is to do with connection but truly have no idea.
Also to add, my friends also suffer from this.

frenchy82
03-10-2016, 02:36 PM
The game chat seems to be doing the same thing to me and I'm glad I'm not the only one. The in game group chat works flawlessly outside of the DZ. But once we enter the DZ it stops working. I feel this is pretty big issue in the DZ since group communication will be key there. Also the whole fact of proximity chat with total strangers will be important as well to help defuse situations with other agents that you run across. And the proximity chat was one thing I saw Ubisoft mention multiple times in talking about the game. I really hope they find a fix for this soon since PSN party chat works great but obviously it prevents you from chatting via prox chat with other agents in the DZ.

Ubi-Houck
03-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Hello,

We are aware of this issue and it has been reported to the development team.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks