PDA

View Full Version : The game is starting to feel repetitive

Twin2009
03-10-2016, 07:50 AM
Starting to feel repetitive
I brought The Division yesterday and it started off good, until I realize how repetitive it is becoming the more I progress

The
- AI combat is repetitive
- AI action movements
- AI looks
- AI weapons
- missions in general are repetitive

I brought the $100 divison version, so I know that there will be new and fresh content on the way, but every game and DLC needs to be filled with a variety of things to do, AI elements, and etc.

I'm still going to play it but Ubisoft, you have feel the repetitiveness without the season pass and DLCs.

Shabafa
03-10-2016, 07:52 AM
I get what your saying lol.
But I love repetitive games. thats the whole point of Mmorpgs.
Take World of warcraft for example , its literally the same **** from level 1-100. Kill Ai's and pvp. But yet its the biggest grossing game.

Honestly the division has so much potential and I cant wait for that "click" to happen.
Also the game came out 2 days ago so you cant really expect too much

gEddeh
03-10-2016, 10:32 AM
You know you're playing an MMORPG-sort of game right...?

Sash0_
03-10-2016, 11:19 AM
Tell me something I don't know or someone says to me "It's RPG this is how to it is. Did you ever play RPG?" That's I think wasn't good choice TheDivision to RPG game. I think RGP genre is a bit old-fashion. Today people are looking for more diversity where they play against real players. And nothing is in script.

For example Ubisoft have a title Ghost Recon Phantoms. Where you are playing a match vs other players. Well of course maps are the same and there is not missions or story. But you can play it alone. Of course you are free to blame your team for losing. But... what about if such scenario was created in a big map. As what we have already in TheDivision. And just you group up going to kill NPCs which no bother you. But meanwhile you can meet real players in front. This is what people thought about "Brace for PvP" from E3 2013 gameplay (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg) demo.

sandpants
03-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Tell me something I don't know or someone says to me "It's RPG this is how to it is. Did you ever play RPG?" That's I think wasn't good choice TheDivision to RPG game. I think RGP genre is a bit old-fashion. Today people are looking for more diversity where they play against real players. And nothing is in script.

For example Ubisoft have a title Ghost Recon Phantoms. Where you are playing a match vs other players. Well of course maps are the same and there is not missions or story. But you can play it alone. Of course you are free to blame your team for losing. But... what about if such scenario was created in a big map. As what we have already in TheDivision. And just you group up going to kill NPCs which no bother you. But meanwhile you can meet real players in front. This is what people thought about "Brace for PvP" from E3 2013 gameplay (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg) demo.
That vid hits too close to home.

VapingProGamer
03-10-2016, 12:03 PM
Been noticing same. And this comes from somebody that's been so busy working they've barely had any time to play. Think I have a bit under 8 hours in game so far, just hit level 8 earlier today/yesterday.

Even started running around trying to free up safe houses and doing side-quests just to mix it up. Think it boils down to the fact that this game isn't as RPG as many try to paint it; I had hoped it would be more RPG than shooter, but it's obvious, it's more shooter than RPG. Every mission, quest, side-quest, safe house, etc is pretty much solved via shooting. Even investigations if I recall bring in baddies that you have to shoot. There's not really any dialogue options, massive unraveling story, or much beyond single-button interfacing. It's starting to feel a bit like Defiance. :(

P0LL0S HERM4N0S
03-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Shoot people.....Shoot more people.......Need better weapons.......Need better weapons........Need more gear.........Need better gear.....Need BETTER weapons.......Need BETTER gear........SHOOT EVERYONE!!!!
That's what keeps bringing me back.
I Love it. This game is all that I'd hoped it would be.

Tsagia
03-12-2016, 01:45 AM
Starting to feel repetitive
I brought The Division yesterday and it started off good, until I realize how repetitive it is becoming the more I progress

The
- AI combat is repetitive
- AI action movements
- AI looks
- AI weapons
- missions in general are repetitive

I brought the $100 divison version, so I know that there will be new and fresh content on the way, but every game and DLC needs to be filled with a variety of things to do, AI elements, and etc.

I'm still going to play it but Ubisoft, you have feel the repetitiveness without the season pass and DLCs.

Makes me wonder if you ever played games like WOW or even Facry 3,Facry 4...any Assassin's Creed and if you liked any of them.

PH.sk33t
03-12-2016, 02:52 AM
I feel that TS just wants more content(?) but every freaking game is repetitive in a sense. and this is an MMO-esque shooter so it will happen, better play some procedurally generated oh wait.. it still has repetitiveness. Its normal, just enjoy what you have now instead of trying for them to come up with some sick idea while we have tons of technical stuff going on.

Isis_Dea
03-15-2016, 11:44 AM
Unless they change things drastically in this maintenance, here's my advice...

Make a new character.

Get that character up to Lvl14 (or the highest you can go in the starting player level bracket within the Dark Zone).

Go into the Dark Zone.

Role-play a wandering miniboss rogue or a hero, who uses VOIP to help new players feel out not just the DZ for the first time but also The Division in general. Give tips, offer to help, make encounters (even against computer enemies) awesome; breathe life into the game's environment rather than just suckling the teet of the devs with complaints...

This game wasn't built around you.

In time, as more people get better or get involved in the game (especially if their first experiences are awesome), you will have more people buying the game, more people making max level, and more pressure for devs to keep their player base here... essentially getting your wish granted.

Also, spoiler alert (http://i.imgur.com/zTT8rBJ.jpg).

Duffried
03-16-2016, 08:03 PM
Slow your roll, take your time and enjoy the game.

If you spend 24/7 in game racing to max level in one week, you're gonna get bored quickly.