PDA

View Full Version : Just an obversation... anyone else? A hot XBox

tropolite
03-10-2016, 07:25 AM
Hey Agents

Just an obvervation over the last 2 days of playing The Division.

- I found that my XBox decided to heat up to over and above what it would normally do when playing any online game. In fact yesterday specifically I had a few times the started to lock up and stutter and boot me straight out. I thought this to be unusual so I checked the box and it was hot to touch. One time when I checked the internal fan was working excessively so much so I could hear it sitting on my couch.

I wonder if anyone other XBoxers have noticed quite a significant heat buildup while playing Division?

Bryer
03-10-2016, 11:56 AM
Mine runs hotter than normal, but not to the point you've had it. Have you got the sides blocked up or close to something? You need at least 2 inches either side to get decent airflow into the console as the fan boots the hot stuff out the top. If you've got low ceiling to Xbox One storage space, the hot air won't escape enough..

Freezevortex
03-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Yeah i got a the exact same problem after playing for like 2-3h and my xbox is placed ontop of a desk so it has excellent ventilation. I don't get why it gets so incredibly warm from playing the division.. I get so worried it might brake so i don't dare to play for to long lol

xRANDALLxFLAGG
03-11-2016, 12:22 AM
You may want to consider using usb fans to help ventilate the area. I would suggest ones powered by something other than the xbox. I have 2 that ventilate mine and they do wonders. I do the same for my routers.

I use these.
they last about a year running continuously
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FO0LG6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

tropolite
03-11-2016, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the feedback...
I haven't noticed this overheating before The Division, and I haven't changed my setup recently.
Thanks for the suggestion of USB fans, I will consider grabbing one or two of these.

I have also noticed that my Kinect drops out significantly more playing The Division too (it could very well be a flaw with the first run of XBox One's (Day One edition), so later down the track when I win another console or get another job I'll invest in an updated console. But I mainly wanted to bring it to the attention of the devs tosee if there is a glitch that causes the XBox to overheat. I doubt it but never hurts to give feedback.