PDA

View Full Version : Somtimes I can barely hear the voices

XyZspineZyX
12-17-2003, 07:41 AM
Sometimes the voices sound very clear and sometimes I can barely hear them at all, as if the characters were speaking from far away. The problem seems to only occur in normal gameplay scenes, when I actually have control of the prince. The sound is fine in the cinematic sequences, even very short ones like when when Farrah jumps onto the handles that swing the staircases around. I have tried changing all the audio settings but I don't notice any difference. Can someone suggest something to fix this? Thanks

XyZspineZyX
12-17-2003, 07:41 AM
Sometimes the voices sound very clear and sometimes I can barely hear them at all, as if the characters were speaking from far away. The problem seems to only occur in normal gameplay scenes, when I actually have control of the prince. The sound is fine in the cinematic sequences, even very short ones like when when Farrah jumps onto the handles that swing the staircases around. I have tried changing all the audio settings but I don't notice any difference. Can someone suggest something to fix this? Thanks

XyZspineZyX
12-17-2003, 11:21 AM
got that same problem here. aside from having the game hang at certain points of the game.

XyZspineZyX
12-17-2003, 09:14 PM
The requirements say that I need a DirectX 9.0 or higher compatible sound card. My card is around 4 or 5 years old. Could this be what is causing it?

Great. I thought the sound card was the one peice in the computer that I would never have to upgrade or worry about at all until it died.

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2003, 07:08 AM
I have the same problem with an Audigy 2 but only during the cut scenes. Voices in gameplay seem to be balanced well. I wonder if the audio virtualization setting has anything to do with it. I'll try shutting it off and report back if there's a change. I even tried lowering the other volumes but leaving the speech at 100%

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2003, 07:16 AM
I haven't tried this game on PC, however I have it on PS2 and I can tell you it exhibits the exact same problem (wide disparity in voice volume between cutscenes and ingame). I've missed quite a bit of dialogue due to this (I'm at ~85% complete). It reminds me of those annoying commercials on TV that blare at a volume 10 times louder than the show you're watching.
We can definitely blame UBI for this one. But we can also blame them for releasing an otherwise fantastic game. Even the woefully inadequate PS2 gets a version that is striking in appearance, from an artistic perspective. Don't know what it is, bloom lighting maybe?

XyZspineZyX
12-19-2003, 11:14 PM
I think the sound problem is just badly recorded/mixed samples. Just turn your speakers up (and the bass down) a lot for the cutscenes, then turn them down (and the bass back up) for the game.

--------------------
XP2100+/RadeonSE9200. Does the job!
--------------------
Looking for a copy of POP 3d in Australia. PM me!
--------------------

XyZspineZyX
12-20-2003, 08:46 PM
i have sb audigy gamer and had the same problem. what i did was install an older version driver called auddrvpack_L11 it is now working with this card. this game rocks now that i have sound