PDA

View Full Version : Qustion about Torpedoes

ZG10_Oiink
01-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Well...i like flying the HE-111 and do some torpedo run, but one thing i doent get. A ww2 destroyer was as bullet proof as a mercheant ship "ok not like one of those" but werry light armored. Why do it take 4 German torpedoes to sink a Early Russian destroyer, its not the "Marat" im trying to sink, its a small light armored ship...am i a bad hitter (hitting the wrong places) or is there something wrong here??? hope somebody can help me alitle out..otherwise there is alitle work to UBI with the DM on atleast the early version Russian destroyer

ZG10_Oiink
01-29-2004, 01:25 PM
Well...i like flying the HE-111 and do some torpedo run, but one thing i doent get. A ww2 destroyer was as bullet proof as a mercheant ship "ok not like one of those" but werry light armored. Why do it take 4 German torpedoes to sink a Early Russian destroyer, its not the "Marat" im trying to sink, its a small light armored ship...am i a bad hitter (hitting the wrong places) or is there something wrong here??? hope somebody can help me alitle out..otherwise there is alitle work to UBI with the DM on atleast the early version Russian destroyer

BS87
01-29-2004, 01:57 PM
I dont know, but i have the same problem. Thats why when there are ships online i totally ignore the He111 with x2 torpedoes, adn the IL2T, and just skip bomb them with a 190 of P47. Skip bombing seems to work better, and they always go down in 1-2 hits.