PDA

View Full Version : Just watched 'From Hell' (Jack The Ripper Spoilers)

Smithies89
03-09-2016, 03:30 AM
Although it was full of inaccuracies. It had this interesting conspiriacy plot that screamed Assassins Creed. A Royal scandal involving a prince fathering a child with a prostitute then a secret Templar like society covering it up by having someone brutally murder the witnesses.

Instead we got an assassin recruit went nuts took over Jacobs gang and murdered a few undercover assassins

SixKeys
03-09-2016, 05:11 AM
Based on the trailers I had high hopes for the JTR DLC. Turned out to be even more disappointing than ToKW. :(

VestigialLlama4
03-09-2016, 05:22 AM
Although it was full of inaccuracies. It had this interesting conspiriacy plot that screamed Assassins Creed. A Royal scandal involving a prince fathering a child with a prostitute then a secret Templar like society covering it up by having someone brutally murder the witnesses.

Instead we got an assassin recruit went nuts took over Jacobs gang and murdered a few undercover assassins

The From Hell comic book by Alan Moore works perfectly for the comic book format, and the story is good enough to be made into a movie (though not the one they made unfortunately).

But for a game, that story is worthless because an Assassin would look pathetically weak if a Templar kills people and gets away like that. The approach taken in JACK THE RIPPER DLC was pretty much the best plot they could come up with for an Assassin's Creed examination of that legend.

In fact, the problem with the DLC is that it is 1) Too Short, 2) Should have been part of the main game or sequel.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-09-2016, 05:28 AM
Based on the trailers I had high hopes for the JTR DLC. Turned out to be even more disappointing than ToKW. :(

Unfortunately I kinda agree with you.

Although I did enjoy most of it, It had a lot of potential that just never came back to light :/

Not to mention that it had raised more questions than answers, and maybe even more plot holes.

SixKeys
03-09-2016, 06:29 AM

Although I did enjoy most of it, It had a lot of potential that just never came back to light :/

Not to mention that it had raised more questions than answers, and maybe even more plot holes.

I still haven't picked it up again after the first 30 minutes I spent with it. I still don't even know how it ends, lol. My main problem with it was the game mechanics, the cheesy way Jack used "fear" as a weapon. It could have been great had they made Jack a truly terrifying individual, but come on, I just can't take someone seriously when their idea of terrorizing London includes bellowing loudly in hopes of scaring the police. And it made no sense to give Evie those same skills. What, is the game trying to say she's on par with a mass-murdering psychopath? (Well, she is technically a mass-murderer, but you know what I mean. :rolleyes:)

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-10-2016, 11:26 PM
I still haven't picked it up again after the first 30 minutes I spent with it. I still don't even know how it ends, lol. My main problem with it was the game mechanics, the cheesy way Jack used "fear" as a weapon. It could have been great had they made Jack a truly terrifying individual, but come on, I just can't take someone seriously when their idea of terrorizing London includes bellowing loudly in hopes of scaring the police. And it made no sense to give Evie those same skills. What, is the game trying to say she's on par with a mass-murdering psychopath? (Well, she is technically a mass-murderer, but you know what I mean. :rolleyes:)

Lol, I see what you mean ;p

But OMG, at least finish it ONCE! Don't leave the game like that! DX

That way you can see how bad.good it gets when you've seen everything.

And it wasn't only the scream mechanics that scared the people, he used spikes! And his assassin combat skills of course...

And you never know, but maybe that fear/scream mechanic was used by real life people at one point in time \_(ツ)_/

And don't forget this was a time period where "forensic evidence tools" weren't available, so anyone could have been a psychopath, and Jack took advantage of this and took it to the extreme.

LoyalACFan
03-11-2016, 05:16 PM
I lost what little interest I had in the DLC when I saw that they had made Evie's stealth non-lethal, but retained the stab animations. Bit of a stupid reason, I guess, but the fact that they didn't have the time/money/resources/inclination to fix such a jarringly obvious flaw told me all I needed to know.

Jessigirl2013
03-11-2016, 08:18 PM

It has seriously plot hole issues, like MASSIVE ONES! <---- I'll stop now as I can rage about this for hours!:mad:
IMO it should of actually had Jacob in it, it was like he was used as a tease.:(

The Sherlock inspired crime scenes were really cool. At first.

But that got repetitive VERY quickly...:rolleyes: