PDA

View Full Version : Accelerate time

bellylanding
03-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Hello, again. You folks were so helpful I thought I would ask a second question (and I hope this question places no kitties at risk!). ;-) OK, I'm a weenie...so is there any way to accelerate time faster than 8X? On some missions, you fly and fly and then you fly and fly in circles. I can't take it any more!!! ;-) Has anybody come up with a way to warp to the next action?
IL-2 is so cool (just saw the way a low flying plane leaves a wake in the water last night)...the best WW2 combat flight sim ever...I just want to get to the action quicker!
Thanks,
Chuck

bellylanding
03-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Hello, again. You folks were so helpful I thought I would ask a second question (and I hope this question places no kitties at risk!). ;-) OK, I'm a weenie...so is there any way to accelerate time faster than 8X? On some missions, you fly and fly and then you fly and fly in circles. I can't take it any more!!! ;-) Has anybody come up with a way to warp to the next action?
IL-2 is so cool (just saw the way a low flying plane leaves a wake in the water last night)...the best WW2 combat flight sim ever...I just want to get to the action quicker!
Thanks,
Chuck

tsisqua
03-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Hi Chuck.

You should make sure that you watch your heading if your are travelling at 8x. If you cannot see the compass, or are not using the cockpit, you can also open the map with the 'm' key, and it will be a big help.

I find that 8x gets me most anywhere fast enough, but I truly enjoy the long flight time to the target due to the great physics model of the planes, as well as the opportunity to fly in formation. Leave your cockpit on, and just try it sometime. This is a very beautiful sim, and every second of it is potentially enjoyable.

In all honesty, 8x is the fastest that you can get there.

Welcome To The Madness,
and Good Luck.

Tsisqua

Frsotfang
03-13-2004, 04:39 PM
You would be suprised how much fun and experiance you can procure from the approach to the action http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif 8x is pretty fast for most missions, maybe you are just playing some of the farther reaching missions.