PDA

View Full Version : Discs not being recognized

Cen0
03-09-2016, 12:50 AM
Hello,

I played in the betas without issue and was excited for the release today. I picked up my copy and when I input the disc my xbox made 3 odd noises and did nothing. no error codes initially. I ejected the disc and tried again. no noises this time, but I got an error code about the disc not being correct. http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj633/cenox311/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-03/IMG_20160308_183352861.jpg

This is the error I was getting. I tried other games without issue. Tried to look this up online but only found the standard procedures. I checked for updates and even installed the bd player app. But nothing was working. At this point I decided to return the game and thought it must have been a bad copy. Haven't had this happen in many years. I get back and the same error with the 2nd game. I also have photo's of both receipts showing the exchange. (rather not post publicly for privacy reasons)

I'm at a loss now. I've tried several other games to try and re-assure myself it's not my xbox. I can't find any updates to do that may update a driver or firmware. Looking for help. Anybody else with this issue?

Watcher7479
03-16-2016, 06:09 PM
Cen0,

Have you heard anything back yet, I have the same issue and have sent Ubi an email but haven't heard anything back, after 15-20 tries my Xbox has eventually read the Disc, but I haven't taken it out since.

Spl0inker
03-16-2016, 07:16 PM
Have you tried:

Home > settings > all settings > blue ray > persistent storage > clear persistent storage.

This cache storage can get mucked up over time and I have heard tale of it also being in conjunction with the beta install. Try to clear this cache storage and see if it helps.

I was advised by MS to do it 3 times although it didn't fix my particular issue. I wanted to ask them if it would send me back to Kansas after the third time!!!!

HeyGooooch
03-23-2016, 09:52 PM
Try permanently tilting the front end of your xBox One up about 10-15 degrees (i.e. so if you put a ball on the top of your console, it would roll down and off the back side). You could probably just use a small stack of post-it notes, piece of cardboard folded a couple times, a short book, etc., anything you could rest the front of the console on to make it not sit level with the back.

A buddy of mine had this same problem, and tilting his console up in the front worked for him. Apparently the issue (in my buddy's case, and possibly yours) involves older xBox One models, and their less-than-stellar disc drives having a helluva time trying to read the newer Blu Ray discs being used by some of the more recently released games.

Woltinator
04-11-2016, 03:17 AM
Yeahh I have the same problem any help would be a great help