PDA

View Full Version : Gameport CH HOTAS w/ usb Pro-Pedals

XyZspineZyX
02-20-2003, 08:52 PM
Can anyone answer this for me? My uncle has a gameport CH Combatstick and Pro-Throttle combo but is looking at getting the new usb Pro-Pedals.

In IL-2, can use the Ch Pro-Pedals with the CH gameport HOTAS? I'm thinking "Yes" but I'd like to know for sure.

Thanks!

XyZspineZyX
02-20-2003, 08:52 PM
Can anyone answer this for me? My uncle has a gameport CH Combatstick and Pro-Throttle combo but is looking at getting the new usb Pro-Pedals.

In IL-2, can use the Ch Pro-Pedals with the CH gameport HOTAS? I'm thinking "Yes" but I'd like to know for sure.

Thanks!

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 10:19 PM
According to the CH Products site: Gameport and USB equipment are not compatible.

"Lead, Follow or get outta the way!"

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 10:28 PM
USB CH Products Devices cannot be combined with Gameport Devices

http://chproducts.com/retail/usb_home.html
YOU CANNOT MIX USB DEVICES WITH GAMEPORT DEVICES

Buzz_25th
09-11-2003, 10:30 PM
No mixey. No likey.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th_Buzz
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 01:07 AM
My situation was just the opposite. I am using my gameport ch pedals with my Saitek X45. I bought a gameport to USB adapter at Radio Shack for about $15 for use with the pedals. It works great!

I don't think it would allow all of the inputs for the ch stick to operate properly though. The USB adapter just supports basic operation and a few buttons.

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 02:04 AM
I'm using CH Pro pedals usb, Pro throttle USB , and a MSFFB 1, if that counts.

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 02:23 AM
I am using a gameport FoceFX stick connected through gameport Pro Pedals with Pro throttle USB in WinXP Pro. Its great./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-12-2003, 02:35 AM
The stick and rudder pedals are easily programmed through the IL2FB game interface. Where the problem lies it the Pro Throttle, as speedkeys dont work in XP (but do in Win 98) therefore you must also use CH Manager. So your success depends on which OS You will be using and which of your controls are USB or gameport. I think I once had a problem with a USB stick and gameport pedals due to a port conflict. This caused an axis conflct./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif